Hardest race, terrain-wise?

Greetings cyclists,

I'm curious road bike racing. More specifically, I was wondering what
your hardest race, terrain-wise, was. And, what made it hard?

A lot of hills? Bumpy roads? A moat of alligators?

Do you know of any races that purposely make the course difficult to
cycle?

I guess if a cyclist where into something like this they'd just
mountain bike.

Thanks,
Cullen

[email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> Greetings cyclists,

> I'm curious road bike racing. More specifically, I was wondering what
> your hardest race, terrain-wise, was. And, what made it hard?

> A lot of hills? Bumpy roads? A moat of alligators?

> Do you know of any races that purposely make the course difficult to
> cycle?

> I guess if a cyclist where into something like this they'd just
> mountain bike.

One contender for the toughest one-day road race is called the LOTOJA,
which stands for LOgan TO JAckson. No, I have never ridden it, and I have
no plans to try. It's way beyond my ability. It runs from Logan, Utah to
Jackson, Wyoming. Depending on whether you believe the promoters or my
highway software, that's either a little over or a little under two
hundred miles, and there is a LOT of climbing along the way.

Bill

__o | REALLY support the troops
_`\(,_ | Ride a bicycle!
(_)/ (_) |

On Aug 4, 1:45 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Greetings cyclists,
>
> I'm curious road bike racing. More specifically, I was wondering what
> your hardest race, terrain-wise, was. And, what made it hard?
>
> A lot of hills? Bumpy roads? A moat of alligators?
>
> Do you know of any races that purposely make the course difficult to
> cycle?
>
> I guess if a cyclist where into something like this they'd just
> mountain bike.
>
> Thanks,
> Cullen

Even though it is flat: