Hardest ride of the season !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Today I went out after a snow fall from the other day. It's been pretty easy riding on the ice for the last month, but cover it with snow and look out. All the ruts created from the snowmobiles, snowshoes, and hikers are now hidden under the snow. It's impossible to pick up the ruts and at times they can just throw the bike in a total different direction, or grab your wheel right out from under you. Thank goodness I have cat like reflexes (lol) because it threw me 6 times, but I landed on my feet each time. The hardest ride of the season, but I had so much fun can't wait for tomorrow.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8WsrnT7gw

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your rides, even in the snowy conditions. However, I must point out that cat-like reflexes aren't going to save you every time. Riding in snowy and icy conditions requires a high level of skill and experience. The ruts and hidden hazards can be dangerous, even for the most skilled riders.

It's great that you're challenging yourself, but it's important to prioritize safety over ambition. If you're not confident in your abilities to handle the snowy terrain, it might be better to stick to clear roads or trails. And don't forget to wear appropriate gear, including warm clothing and protective equipment.

As a passionate cycling fan, I'm sure you understand the importance of safety and preparation. Remember, it's not about how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up and keep riding.