Hardrock Comp Vs. Trek 4300

Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 28 Aug 2003 13:58:21 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:

> >So, you swap the RST for credit on the purchase, and make a deal with them to install the
> >Marzocchi for some small discount. Sure, you pay more than the original cost of the bike, but you
> >come out ahead in the long run. Especially since you would not have to put a single tire
> >revolution on the RST.
> >
> >Spider
>
> But you see, that is where the trick comes, the LBS would have had to order it, and for a high
> premium I might add (Damn near the cost of the bike!)

Yeah, that sucks. Try and save a few bones and get the bike kitted out like you want it...

> Instead, I waited around and found one online much cheaper.

Yup. BTDT.

> But to their credit they installed it for nothing...

Well...not bad. The have to set the crown race and cut the steerer and shoot in the star nut. It
takes a few (several) minutes.

> And I'm actually glad I put a years worth of rides on the RST, it made me appreciate the zoke that
> much more when I got it...

[shudder]

I dunno - a year in hell....

> Dave (wait a minute, who am talking to all civilized like?)

Well, believe it or not, Dave, you could talk to me all the time like this, if that's what
you wanted.

As it has been from the start, it's up to you.

Spider

Gman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:23:13 GMT, Sorni <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Good one.
> >
> > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> news:<[email protected]>...

> news:<[email protected]>...

> And what

> damn

> >> LOL.
> >>

> You guys are frickin' killing me!!!! ROFLMAO!

LOL.

*wink*

Spider

First of all, I already have a Hardrock comp. I didn't have enough $$$ for a better bike. A friend of mine is thinking of getting a Trek 4300 and I just wanted a little feedback on which would be a better bike to recommend.

secondly, because of our $$$ problem we cannot get the better components now. So i was looking for recommendations for parts that i will probably be looking into in the near future.

I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT POSTING BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!!
Thank You. :)

luke says:

>First of all, I already have a Hardrock comp. I didn't have enough $$$ for a better bike. A friend
>of mine is thinking of getting a Trek 4300 and I just wanted a little feedback on which would be a
>better bike to recommend.

That may have made a difference if we'd been told that at the beginning - or it may not.....

>secondly, because of our $$$ problem we cannot get the better components now. So i was looking for
>recommendations for parts that i will probably be looking into in the near future.

That isn't how it came across at first. At all!

>I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT POSTING
>BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. :)

If you want to pay for advice, then you can be rude about not getting it. If it's advice that you
want for free, then you sometimes just have to accept the fact that maybe

a) no-one here has enough info to give you a qualified answer.
b) The one person in "here" that DOES have the answer is away riding his bike for a while without
Usenet access, or c) Something else.

Live with it - we all do.

On the "helpful" advice side of things - I will add that I have been riding a HardRock (rigid) for 3
years now, and have yet to replace anything but tubes (coz I flatted) and tyres (coz I wanted the
ones with HardRock'R written on them.)

Steve "and no more top-posting, OK?"

luke1643 said...

> First of all, I already have a Hardrock comp. I didn't have enough $$$ for a better bike. A friend
> of mine is thinking of getting a Trek 4300 and I just wanted a little feedback on which would be a
> better bike to recommend.
>
> secondly, because of our $$$ problem we cannot get the better components now. So i was looking for
> recommendations for parts that i will probably be looking into in the near future.
>
> I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT
> POSTING BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. :)

The Specialized looks like the easy winner to me, which shouldn't be a surprise since it costs
substantially more. As for upgrades, replace those parts which clearly under perform or cause
problems. Aside from that a nice saddle, better pedals, and tires that fit your riding needs would
be a good start.

"luke1643" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> First of all, I already have a Hardrock comp. I didn't have enough $$$ for a better bike. A friend
> of mine is thinking of getting a Trek 4300 and I just wanted a little feedback on which would be a
> better bike to recommend.

The one that fits him/her/it best.

> secondly, because of our $$$ problem we cannot get the better components now. So i was looking for
> recommendations for parts that i will probably be looking into in the near future.

Replacements for the ones that prove subpar in use.

> I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT
> POSTING BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. :)

*None* of that stuff (before now) was directed at you, Lukewarm, so get over yourself. The fact is
there is no correct answer to your question, without knowing who's buying the bike, what type of
riding is planned, budget considerations, etc.

Bill "but buy the blue one" S.

On 1 Sep 2003 07:23:18 +0950, luke1643 <[email protected]> wrote:
> First of all, I already have a Hardrock comp. I didn't have enough $$$ for a better bike. A friend
> of mine is thinking of getting a Trek 4300 and I just wanted a little feedback on which would be a
> better bike to recommend.
>
> secondly, because of our $$$ problem we cannot get the better components now. So i was looking for
> recommendations for parts that i will probably be looking into in the near future.
>
> I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT
> POSTING BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. :)

My advice: Go ride that Hardrock comp and blow off some steam dude.

luke1643 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT
> POSTING BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. :)

Cry me a river, loser.

If you don't like USENET, get the hell off.

Learn how to post, get over your newbie self, and either take the free advice that you're given, or
go pay for somewhere.

Spider

Spider <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> luke1643 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT
> > POSTING BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. :)
>
> Cry me a river, loser.
>
> If you don't like USENET, get the hell off.
>
> Learn how to post, get over your newbie self, and either take the free advice that you're given,
> or go pay for somewhere.
>
> Spider

Am I the only one who saw the :) at the end of that bit of his post? Seems to me the guy was making
light of it, and all you guys are the uptight ones.

Shaun aRe - Maybe your valium gland is broke.

',;~}~

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:57:21 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Spider <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> luke1643 <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> >
>> > I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT
>> > POSTING BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. :)
>>
>> Cry me a river, loser.
>>
>> If you don't like USENET, get the hell off.
>>
>> Learn how to post, get over your newbie self, and either take the free advice that you're given,
>> or go pay for somewhere.
>>
>> Spider
>
>Am I the only one who saw the :) at the end of that bit of his post? Seems to me the guy was making
>light of it, and all you guys are the uptight ones.

no. You think?

couldn't be that, not around here....you must be drunk..

>Shaun aRe - Maybe your valium gland is broke.
>
>',;~}~

news:<[email protected]>...
> Spider <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > luke1643 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > >
> > > I would find it helpful for a little advice and not to read anymore BULL****!!!!!!!!! ABOUT
> > > POSTING BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. :)
> >
> > Cry me a river, loser.
> >
> > If you don't like USENET, get the hell off.
> >
> > Learn how to post, get over your newbie self, and either take the free advice that you're given,
> > or go pay for somewhere.
> >
> > Spider
>
> Am I the only one who saw the :) at the end of that bit of his post? Seems to me the guy was
> making light of it, and all you guys are the uptight ones.

It didn't read that way. Anybody can tack a smiley onto anything, after all. :)

> Shaun aRe - Maybe your valium gland is broke.

I don't think I have one. If I did, I'm sure I'd be getting some kind of SPAM to tell me how to
enhance it.

I hear your glans pretends it's on Valium.

Spider (this pitch is to Sorni - he'll know what to do with it.)

"Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Spider <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > luke1643 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Cry me a river, loser.
> > >
> > > If you don't like USENET, get the hell off.
> > >
> > > Learn how to post, get over your newbie self, and either take the free advice that you're
> > > given, or go pay for somewhere.
> > >
> > > Spider
> >
> > Am I the only one who saw the :) at the end of that bit of his post?
Seems
> > to me the guy was making light of it, and all you guys are the uptight
ones.

> It didn't read that way. Anybody can tack a smiley onto anything, after all. :)
>
> > Shaun aRe - Maybe your valium gland is broke.
>
> I don't think I have one. If I did, I'm sure I'd be getting some kind of SPAM to tell me how to
> enhance it.
>
> I hear your glans pretends it's on Valium.
>
> Spider (this pitch is to Sorni - he'll know what to do with it.)

THREAD!

Bill "and I agree about the limp smiley thing in this case" S.

Spider <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Cry me a river, loser.
> > >
> > > If you don't like USENET, get the hell off.
> > >
> > > Learn how to post, get over your newbie self, and either take the free advice that you're
> > > given, or go pay for somewhere.
> > >
> > > Spider
> >
> > Am I the only one who saw the :) at the end of that bit of his post?
Seems
> > to me the guy was making light of it, and all you guys are the uptight
ones.

> It didn't read that way. Anybody can tack a smiley onto anything, after all. :)

Yeah, but how else is an unknown quantity (group newbie) supposed to conver context here?

> > Shaun aRe - Maybe your valium gland is broke.
>
> I don't think I have one. If I did, I'm sure I'd be getting some kind of SPAM to tell me how to
> enhance it.

You have an adrenal gland, you get spam for that?

> I hear your glans pretends it's on Valium.

> Spider (this pitch is to Sorni - he'll know what to do with it.)

Really, I think Sorni's got a *little* more class than to run with a sub-2 bit throwaway.

Shaun aRe - 'Gland' sounds a bit like 'glans' - now why didn't I think of that 'gem'?
Heheheheheh.........

news:<[email protected]>...
> Spider <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Am I the only one who saw the :) at the end of that bit of his post?
> Seems
> > > to me the guy was making light of it, and all you guys are the uptight
> ones.
> >
> > It didn't read that way. Anybody can tack a smiley onto anything, after all. :)
>
> Yeah, but how else is an unknown quantity (group newbie) supposed to conver context here?

How the heck should I know? Maybe a newbie should keep his head down?

> > > Shaun aRe - Maybe your valium gland is broke.
> >
> > I don't think I have one. If I did, I'm sure I'd be getting some kind of SPAM to tell me how to
> > enhance it.
>
> You have an adrenal gland, you get spam for that?

I'm sure I do - there's a supplement out there SOMEWHERE. Hmmm, maybe it would enhance my
penis too...

No, he really doesn't. He's a total double-entendre *****.

> Shaun aRe - 'Gland' sounds a bit like 'glans' - now why didn't I think of that 'gem'?
> Heheheheheh.........

You'll notice how a keyboard is laid out, and how it might be a possible substitution. I have *got*
to learn not to be so subtle here.

Grumble.

Spider

Spider <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > > It didn't read that way. Anybody can tack a smiley onto anything, after all. :)
> >
> > Yeah, but how else is an unknown quantity (group newbie) supposed to
conver
> > context here?
>
> How the heck should I know?

Why the heck should I care how the heck you should know? How the heck did I know?!?!?

> Maybe a newbie should keep his head down?

Yeah, like that's gonna happen, heheheh..........

> > > I don't think I have one. If I did, I'm sure I'd be getting some kind of SPAM to tell me how
> > > to enhance it.
> >
> > You have an adrenal gland, you get spam for that?
>
> I'm sure I do - there's a supplement out there SOMEWHERE. Hmmm, maybe it would enhance my
> penis too...

You ain't got the start to work on dude. >',;~P

> > > I hear your glans pretends it's on Valium.
> >
> > > Spider (this pitch is to Sorni - he'll know what to do with it.)
> >
> > Really, I think Sorni's got a *little* more class than to run with a
sub-2
> > bit throwaway.
>
> No, he really doesn't. He's a total double-entendre *****.

Nah - he's just a wannabe (not to be confused with the Japanese horse raddish).

> > Shaun aRe - 'Gland' sounds a bit like 'glans' - now why didn't I think
of
> > that 'gem'? Heheheheheh.........
>
> You'll notice how a keyboard is laid out, and how it might be a possible substitution. I have
> *got* to learn not to be so subtle here.

Subtle, eh? Heheheh.............

> Grumble.

You'll get over it - use less chiles next time.

> Spider

But I saw her first!

Shaun aRe