Hardshell seat/Vision

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bentbiker, Apr 29, 2003.

  1. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    has anyone done a hardshell conversion? what seat did you use, and was it difficult?

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > has anyone done a hardshell conversion? what seat did you use, and was it difficult?

    Michael Wolfe of the Portland recumbent mafia is attempting to adapt an M5 seat to his Vision Saber.
    He hasn't accomplished this yet due to delays in getting the M5 seat. I think he'll have it ready
    for the Portland Human Power Challenge at the end of May. If so, I'll try to post pictures.

    Jeff

  3. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

  4. Look at the R65 Sabre on the Vision website. They did it. Dan Kluckhuhn

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > has anyone done a hardshell conversion? what seat did you use, and was it difficult?

  5. Hillel

    Hillel Guest

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > has anyone done a hardshell conversion? what seat did you use, and was it difficult?

    Take a look at the Volae recumbents (Hostel Shoppe). They are made by ATP (Vision) and use a
    hardshell seat.

  6. Devon

    Devon Guest

    The 2003 Vision R45 and R65 are spec'ed with M5 seats. I was told by Vision that their contract
    prohibits them from selling seats other than as original equipment.

    I do suspect that, when more of these seats are in use, we will see a few come up for sale from
    those who prefer the mesh.

    DeVon 2002 Vision 55 (USS/Pantour)