Hardshell seat/Vision

Bentbiker

Guest
has anyone done a hardshell conversion? what seat did you use, and was it difficult?

bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> has anyone done a hardshell conversion? what seat did you use, and was it difficult?

Michael Wolfe of the Portland recumbent mafia is attempting to adapt an M5 seat to his Vision Saber.
He hasn't accomplished this yet due to delays in getting the M5 seat. I think he'll have it ready
for the Portland Human Power Challenge at the end of May. If so, I'll try to post pictures.

Jeff

"bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> has anyone done a hardshell conversion? what seat did you use, and was it difficult?

Take a look at the Volae recumbents (Hostel Shoppe). They are made by ATP (Vision) and use a
hardshell seat.

The 2003 Vision R45 and R65 are spec'ed with M5 seats. I was told by Vision that their contract
prohibits them from selling seats other than as original equipment.

I do suspect that, when more of these seats are in use, we will see a few come up for sale from
those who prefer the mesh.

DeVon 2002 Vision 55 (USS/Pantour)