Hardtail bikes require skill, Fullsuspension don't

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by LIBERATOR, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. LIBERATOR

    LIBERATOR Guest

    After riding a full-suspension bike (Specialized Epic with the brain
    and Trek Fuel), I know that full-suspension people do not have to be
    skilled as hard-tail bikers do.

    Dakota Ridge, Colorado, I fear riding it on my hardtail but did it
    nonetheless. With a full-suspension bike like I test rode, I have no
    fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk. All the guys
    that talk about Dakota Ridge being ruthless and death inducing, used
    full-suspension bikes.

    I cannot believe these wusses. Full-suspension bikes decrease danger by
    50% because they eliminate the need for precise timed balance. Now I
    have two new enthusiasms regarding Dakota Ridge. 1 is to ride it and
    master it with my hard-tail, and I will be scared, and 2 is to buy a
    full-suspenion, and just romp the shit out of it and have no restraint,
    which it would be a totally different experience like it's a totally
    different trail (due to diffrent bike).

    Hardtail riding requires extraordinary focus & skills in timing leans
    (balance), fullsuspension bikes don't require this, due to their
    amazing technology.

    For all you never-before MTBers, if you are scared, buy
    full-suspension, pay that little extra and it is worth it by the safety
    margin being increased for you.

    Tags:

  2. Hype I say, I crave riding my 2 hardtails over my 3 FS. But crave the
    FS over the 2 rigid.

  3. Per LIBERATOR:
    >I have no
    >fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk.

    One guy I know who switched from hard tail to FS said it took him some
    significant amount/number of time/crashes before he caught on to how to ride the
    FS.

    Go figure....
    --
    PeteCresswell

  4. Drew

    Drew Guest

    > Hardtail riding requires extraordinary focus & skills in timing leans
    > (balance), fullsuspension bikes don't require this, due to their
    > amazing technology.
    >
    > For all you never-before MTBers, if you are scared, buy
    > full-suspension, pay that little extra and it is worth it by the safety
    > margin being increased for you.

    Well that explains why I ride a full sus.

    Drew ( man without focus or skills...)
    ;>)

  5. Syd

    Syd Guest

    I would know, I rode a hardtail for 6+ years. Now I'm trying to get
    into more of the freeride scene. Although it is somewhat true, you're
    just going to piss people off...

    Syd

  6. IT3

    IT3 Guest

    Now you just need to either go FULLY RIGID, <or> Single Speed.....
    Then you will naturally progress to a Rigid-SS, and your evolution
    shall be _almost_ complete.
    >From there you will either go Fixed gear or 29"er. ( I went 29"er,

    personally).

    --
    The Sand Squid

  7. IT3

    IT3 Guest

    Eff-them if they can't handle the truth.

  8. Tim Rogers

    Tim Rogers Guest

    "IT3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Eff-them if they can't handle the truth.

    Can you handle looking at what groups the original post was sent to by the
    nut-job who wrote the first one?
    And then stop the cross-posting?

  9. Drew

    Drew Guest

    "IT3" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Now you just need to go FULLY RIGID,
    > --
    > The Sand Squid

    FULLY RIGID.. hehehe..
    skill helps, but not needed...

    ;>P

    Drew

  10. Marty

    Marty Guest

    "LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1145690400.6[email protected]
    > After riding a full-suspension bike (Specialized Epic with the brain
    > and Trek Fuel), I know that full-suspension people do not have to be
    > skilled as hard-tail bikers do.
    >
    > Dakota Ridge, Colorado, I fear riding it on my hardtail but did it
    > nonetheless. With a full-suspension bike like I test rode, I have no
    > fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk. All the guys
    > that talk about Dakota Ridge being ruthless and death inducing, used
    > full-suspension bikes.
    >
    > I cannot believe these wusses. Full-suspension bikes decrease danger by
    > 50% because they eliminate the need for precise timed balance. Now I
    > have two new enthusiasms regarding Dakota Ridge. 1 is to ride it and
    > master it with my hard-tail, and I will be scared, and 2 is to buy a
    > full-suspenion, and just romp the shit out of it and have no restraint,
    > which it would be a totally different experience like it's a totally
    > different trail (due to diffrent bike).
    >
    > Hardtail riding requires extraordinary focus & skills in timing leans
    > (balance), fullsuspension bikes don't require this, due to their
    > amazing technology.
    >
    > For all you never-before MTBers, if you are scared, buy
    > full-suspension, pay that little extra and it is worth it by the safety
    > margin being increased for you.

    You're posts are like a car wreck. I know I shouldn't gawk but
    I just can't help looking.

    Marty

  11. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    LIBERATOR wrote:
    > After riding a full-suspension bike (Specialized Epic with the brain
    > and Trek Fuel), I know that full-suspension people do not have to be
    > skilled as hard-tail bikers do.

    This is why I'm buying a hard-tail this week!!!! after riding FSX for 7
    years. (And, you get a better bike for the money.)

    Troll.

    I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
    trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
    the most insidious of traitors."
    George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,

  12. Tim Rogers

    Tim Rogers Guest

    "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > LIBERATOR wrote:
    >> After riding a full-suspension bike (Specialized Epic with the brain
    >> and Trek Fuel), I know that full-suspension people do not have to be
    >> skilled as hard-tail bikers do.

    > This is why I'm buying a hard-tail this week!!!! after riding FSX for 7
    > years. (And, you get a better bike for the money.)
    >
    > Troll.
    >
    > --
    > Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall
    > I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
    > trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
    > the most insidious of traitors."
    > George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,

    If you're going to reply to that nutjob LIBERATOR, please only do it in your
    newsgroup.

  13. LIBERATOR

    LIBERATOR Guest

    > If you're going to reply to that nutjob LIBERATOR, please only do it in your
    > newsgroup.

    I'm sorry, I've never seen a post from you before. Who are you? Who are
    you to call me a nutjob?

    Are you a Newbon animation created by Steven Spielberg, and Tim Rogers
    is one of your many aliases? I thought you had me KF'd?

    Explain, seeing how I never saw or conversed with you before.

  14. IT3

    IT3 Guest

    have a nice day

  15. IT3

    IT3 Guest

    Thank you for taking the time out of you precious day to tell all the
    peons of the world how they should condunct themselves.
    Your valuable input is greatly appreciated and I'm sure the Internet
    and dare I say, the World will be a better place for your contribution.

  16. (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per LIBERATOR:
    >> I have no
    >> fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk.

    > One guy I know who switched from hard tail to FS said it took him some
    > significant amount/number of time/crashes before he caught on to how to ride the
    > FS.
    >
    > Go figure....

    I believe that is not at all uncommon.

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

    Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

  17. LIBERATOR

    LIBERATOR Guest

    Craig Brossman wrote:
    > (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > > Per LIBERATOR:
    > >> I have no
    > >> fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk.

    > > One guy I know who switched from hard tail to FS said it took him some
    > > significant amount/number of time/crashes before he caught on to how to ride the
    > > FS.
    > >
    > > Go figure....

    > I believe that is not at all uncommon.

    I believe that's because they dont' understand that they can be totally
    aggressive without compensating and negotiating the trail. They're
    negotiating the shape of things, when they don't have to. So where the
    hardware does the balance, they're supplenting the balance, thus
    they're thrown out of balance and crash, because twice the "need of
    weight shift" was used.

  18. cc

    cc Guest

    IT3 wrote:
    > Thank you for taking the time out of you precious day to tell all the
    > peons of the world how they should condunct themselves.
    > Your valuable input is greatly appreciated and I'm sure the Internet
    > and dare I say, the World will be a better place for your contribution.

    hear hear !