Hardtail bikes require skill, Fullsuspension don't

LIBERATOR

Guest
After riding a full-suspension bike (Specialized Epic with the brain
and Trek Fuel), I know that full-suspension people do not have to be
skilled as hard-tail bikers do.

Dakota Ridge, Colorado, I fear riding it on my hardtail but did it
nonetheless. With a full-suspension bike like I test rode, I have no
fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk. All the guys
that talk about Dakota Ridge being ruthless and death inducing, used
full-suspension bikes.

I cannot believe these wusses. Full-suspension bikes decrease danger by
50% because they eliminate the need for precise timed balance. Now I
have two new enthusiasms regarding Dakota Ridge. 1 is to ride it and
master it with my hard-tail, and I will be scared, and 2 is to buy a
full-suspenion, and just romp the **** out of it and have no restraint,
which it would be a totally different experience like it's a totally
different trail (due to diffrent bike).

Hardtail riding requires extraordinary focus & skills in timing leans
(balance), fullsuspension bikes don't require this, due to their
amazing technology.

For all you never-before MTBers, if you are scared, buy
full-suspension, pay that little extra and it is worth it by the safety
margin being increased for you.

Per LIBERATOR:
>I have no
>fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk.

One guy I know who switched from hard tail to FS said it took him some
significant amount/number of time/crashes before he caught on to how to ride the
FS.

Go figure....
--
PeteCresswell

> Hardtail riding requires extraordinary focus & skills in timing leans
> (balance), fullsuspension bikes don't require this, due to their
> amazing technology.
>
> For all you never-before MTBers, if you are scared, buy
> full-suspension, pay that little extra and it is worth it by the safety
> margin being increased for you.

Well that explains why I ride a full sus.

Drew ( man without focus or skills...)
;>)

I would know, I rode a hardtail for 6+ years. Now I'm trying to get
into more of the freeride scene. Although it is somewhat true, you're
just going to **** people off...

Syd

Now you just need to either go FULLY RIGID, <or> Single Speed.....
Then you will naturally progress to a Rigid-SS, and your evolution
shall be _almost_ complete.
>From there you will either go Fixed gear or 29"er. ( I went 29"er,

personally).

--
The Sand Squid

"IT3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Eff-them if they can't handle the truth.

Can you handle looking at what groups the original post was sent to by the
nut-job who wrote the first one?
And then stop the cross-posting?

"IT3" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Now you just need to go FULLY RIGID,
> --
> The Sand Squid

FULLY RIGID.. hehehe..
skill helps, but not needed...

;>P

Drew

"LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> After riding a full-suspension bike (Specialized Epic with the brain
> and Trek Fuel), I know that full-suspension people do not have to be
> skilled as hard-tail bikers do.
>
> Dakota Ridge, Colorado, I fear riding it on my hardtail but did it
> nonetheless. With a full-suspension bike like I test rode, I have no
> fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk. All the guys
> that talk about Dakota Ridge being ruthless and death inducing, used
> full-suspension bikes.
>
> I cannot believe these wusses. Full-suspension bikes decrease danger by
> 50% because they eliminate the need for precise timed balance. Now I
> have two new enthusiasms regarding Dakota Ridge. 1 is to ride it and
> master it with my hard-tail, and I will be scared, and 2 is to buy a
> full-suspenion, and just romp the **** out of it and have no restraint,
> which it would be a totally different experience like it's a totally
> different trail (due to diffrent bike).
>
> Hardtail riding requires extraordinary focus & skills in timing leans
> (balance), fullsuspension bikes don't require this, due to their
> amazing technology.
>
> For all you never-before MTBers, if you are scared, buy
> full-suspension, pay that little extra and it is worth it by the safety
> margin being increased for you.

You're posts are like a car wreck. I know I shouldn't gawk but
I just can't help looking.

Marty

LIBERATOR wrote:
> After riding a full-suspension bike (Specialized Epic with the brain
> and Trek Fuel), I know that full-suspension people do not have to be
> skilled as hard-tail bikers do.

This is why I'm buying a hard-tail this week!!!! after riding FSX for 7
years. (And, you get a better bike for the money.)

Troll.

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,

"Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> LIBERATOR wrote:
>> After riding a full-suspension bike (Specialized Epic with the brain
>> and Trek Fuel), I know that full-suspension people do not have to be
>> skilled as hard-tail bikers do.

> This is why I'm buying a hard-tail this week!!!! after riding FSX for 7
> years. (And, you get a better bike for the money.)
>
> Troll.
>
> --
> Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall
> I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
> trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
> the most insidious of traitors."
> George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,

If you're going to reply to that nutjob LIBERATOR, please only do it in your
newsgroup.

> If you're going to reply to that nutjob LIBERATOR, please only do it in your
> newsgroup.

I'm sorry, I've never seen a post from you before. Who are you? Who are
you to call me a nutjob?

Are you a Newbon animation created by Steven Spielberg, and Tim Rogers
is one of your many aliases? I thought you had me KF'd?

Explain, seeing how I never saw or conversed with you before.

Thank you for taking the time out of you precious day to tell all the
peons of the world how they should condunct themselves.
Your valuable input is greatly appreciated and I'm sure the Internet
and dare I say, the World will be a better place for your contribution.

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per LIBERATOR:
>> I have no
>> fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk.

> One guy I know who switched from hard tail to FS said it took him some
> significant amount/number of time/crashes before he caught on to how to ride the
> FS.
>
> Go figure....

I believe that is not at all uncommon.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

Craig Brossman wrote:
> (PeteCresswell) wrote:
> > Per LIBERATOR:
> >> I have no
> >> fear of this trail, and could ride it like a sidewalk.

> > One guy I know who switched from hard tail to FS said it took him some
> > significant amount/number of time/crashes before he caught on to how to ride the
> > FS.
> >
> > Go figure....

> I believe that is not at all uncommon.

I believe that's because they dont' understand that they can be totally
aggressive without compensating and negotiating the trail. They're
negotiating the shape of things, when they don't have to. So where the
hardware does the balance, they're supplenting the balance, thus
they're thrown out of balance and crash, because twice the "need of
weight shift" was used.

IT3 wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time out of you precious day to tell all the
> peons of the world how they should condunct themselves.
> Your valuable input is greatly appreciated and I'm sure the Internet
> and dare I say, the World will be a better place for your contribution.

hear hear !