hardtail for 6ft 7in. rider?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Paul V Biron, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Paul V Biron

    Paul V Biron Guest

    Can anyone recommend a hardtail mountain bike (frame builder) for a rider who is 6ft. 7in. with both
    long legs and a long torso?

    thanx,

    pvb

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Paul V Biron
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Can anyone recommend a hardtail mountain bike (frame builder) for a rider who is 6ft. 7in. with
    >both long legs and a long torso?

    Just about any experienced builder who uses some kind of lugless construction will be able to make a
    good bike for a big rider.

    Lennard Zinn is famous for big bikes, an obvious choice. http://zinncycles.com/

    I also like Land Shark (John Slawta) a very clever one-man shop. http://www.landsharkbicycles.com/

    You might also consider a fat-tube aluminum bike, depending on how much you care about weight,
    stiffness, etc. A big steel bike that is stiff enough for a powerful rider can be pretty heavy. I
    don't have any aluminum custom builders to recommend though.

    --Paul