Hardtail for about £800 help

Linni

Aug 17, 2009
Hi

Am looking for a hardtail for myself i have around £800 to spend but am not sure what to get! Im a big guy at 6ft 3 so it would have to be a strong bike as i will be off roading ect (nothing serious some of that stuff is just plain crazy!).

I have found a couple of bikes i like they are Genesis core 30 and Specialized Rockhopper Expert Disc but am not sure so your input would really help me out :)

FWIW. I recommend you consider a 29er ...

And, in that category, I recommend the RALEIGH XXIX+G ... I'm not sure what the VAT would be on it, but if a shop has a 2009 on a year-end clearance-it should come in at around £850 +/- after the VAT is added on (the bike retails for ~$1350US ... so, the year end price is hopefully around $1000US).

scott make some very good spec'd bikes for around that sort f price range. have a look at their scale range for hardtails. they are all good enough to race if you want to take that path. i know what you mean its hard to find a bike being 6' 3" but over in australia i'm short compared to everyone else.