Hardtail Poll

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Shaun says:

> > heheheheh........
> > >
> > > I think _you_ meant "'fiancé"......
> > >
> > > Some folks.
> > >
> > > ;-P
> > >
> > > Steve
> >
> > Nope, I meant ' fiancée ', but forgot to put 'having one and
all',
> > instead of 'being one and all'. Buggeration.
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> probably the first time I have heard the word fiancee and buggeration in
one
> scentence ;-D

I dunno. Last time I got out of jail I'd heard it all too frequently.
--
Westie "Just call me Fresh Meat" ;-)

"Rich" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> In your "opinion" which is the better bike for me-Specialized Hardrock Pro, or Raleigh M80? Both
> are low end $ hardtail bikes, but I live in an area that is relatively flat (no mountains-just
> hills), and I plan on riding 75% tarmac 25% trail. These two bikes are at the same price point of
> around $500.00.
>
> My assessment is : M80-better components. HR-sturdier frame + disc brakes.
>
> Help me choose.

I would go for the Specialized Hardrock. It's a great frame for the price. I've upgraded everything
except the frame, seat post and seat post clamp on mine and it's a pretty nice bike. I ride this
thing to work every day of the week and on trails on the weeknd and haven't had any major
problems.The main reason I upgraded the components is because of the weight and I love to tinker
with things. You will definitely want to change the seat for a better one and probably the tires.

Someone in this forum has found the M80 disc for $380...does that sway you in any way?
-andy