Hardtail Pride

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ben Wilson, Feb 15, 2003.

  1. Ben Wilson

    Ben Wilson Guest

    im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.

    the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    face helemt....that should be enough protection....

    im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    Tags:

  2. Bailif

    Bailif Guest

    well...good luck :)

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    >
    > the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    > face helemt....that should be enough protection....
    >
    > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    Have a nice flight, happy landings.

    Mike - good thing kids heal fast.

  4. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    >
    >the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    >face helemt....that should be enough protection....
    >
    >im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    You might want to consider some sort of chest protection. If you stuff the landing and hit a little
    nose-down, there's probably nothing you can do to keep from smacking your sternum into the
    stem/bars.

    Call me an old lady, just don't call me late for dinner...

  5. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    >You might want to consider some sort of chest protection

    good advice, but a chest protector didnt save Jake. and Jake was world class. this is DUMBASS
    SHIT. DONT jc

  6. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:20:42 +1100, BEN WILSON wrote:
    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.

    Well thats nice. We all have things in our past that make us wonder what the hell we were thinking.
    This can be yours.

  7. Russ

    Russ Guest

    you'll have 2 Norco Rampages after you've done it. As long as you make it, that's what counts i
    guess. Good luck mate.

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    >
    > the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    > face helemt....that should be enough protection....
    >
    > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

  8. > Call me an old lady, just don't call me late for dinner...

    :)

    You can call me anything, just don't call me later

    ======
    Crash get up, crash get up, crash get up, crash stay down and look at me web site

    http://www.mtbbikes.co.uk

  9. BEN WILSON wrote:

    > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    Have you got a new bike on order, and you want to go out with 'PRIDE'?

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

  10. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    >
    > the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    > face helemt....that should be enough protection....
    >
    > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    Make sure you chug a Mtn Dew right beforehand, or you can look even cooler by doing it mid-flight!

    Hope you make it.

    Lance

  11. David L

    David L Guest

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    >
    > the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    > face helemt....that should be enough protection....
    >
    > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    Post a link to the vid.

    Dave

  12. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    <snip>
    > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    See you in heck.

    -John Morgan

  13. Zaboaa

    Zaboaa Guest

    Kinda reminds of the old red neck joke, Q: What's the last thing a redneck say's before he dies?
    "Hey you all, watch this one......." Seriously good luck.

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    > <snip>
    > > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!
    >
    > See you in heck.
    >
    > -John Morgan

  14. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    "see you in Heck"
    Ahh an avid "rockos Modern Life" watcher:)

    Hindsight is a beautiful thing Ben - use it well.

  15. Pauly

    Pauly Guest

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote

    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.

    Looks like someone needs some attention. Hope is LBS doesn't read that post.

    Pauly

  16. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    BEN WILSON wrote:
    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    >
    > the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    > face helemt....that should be enough protection....
    >
    > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    15-20ft drop on a HT to *flat*?! Nutter...

  17. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > BEN WILSON wrote:
    > > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    > >
    > > the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    > > face helemt....that should be
    enough
    > > protection....
    > >
    > > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!
    >
    > 15-20ft drop on a HT to *flat*?! Nutter...

    Nutter butter. ;^)

  18. Dave Haley

    Dave Haley Guest

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > im doin like a 15-20 foot drop tommorow! we will have a video camera so we can catch it all.
    >
    > the landing is to flat so its gonna be a bit sketchy...... ill be wearing some gloves and a full
    > face helemt....that should be enough protection....
    >
    > im doing it on my 2003 Norco rampage....HARDTAIL PRIDE!

    It's tomorrow, what happened?

    --

    Dave Haley www.geocities.com/bikegeek66

  19. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    1. http://www.pbase.com/image/3140218
    2. http://www.pbase.com/image/3140216 and....uhhh...he can't talk or type right now....

    --
    Slacker

  20. Ben Wilson

    Ben Wilson Guest

    i gave it 3 attempts......

    first attempt i chickened out and just rolled down the stairs.... second attempt i bunnyhopped and
    landed like halfway down the stairs.... then on the third attempt. bunnyhopped...landed 4 stairs
    from the bottom.....forks bottomed out instantly (hurt my wrist).....other than that no injuries to
    myself. however i have a small buckle in my back wheel....im gonna have another attempt in about 3-4
    news:[email protected]...