Hardtail/Sus Post vs Softtail?

Scott G wrote:
>> It's funny that you mention that... the Giant NRS is dead, too,
>> replaced by the Giant Anthem for 2006. I'm going to go out on a
>> limb and say the primary motivation for doing this is to avoid the
>> Specialized/Horst patent licensing fees.
>> --

> Just Googled the Anthem...doesn't look much like NRS at all. Why not
> just pay the fees?

Giant needed to jump on the "new suspension design" bandwagon. Specialized
has the Epic, Cannondale's doing something stupid and proprietary as usual,
Trek got big into the freeride stuff, and Giant wanted a coherent line that
people could identify with and upgrade along, hence the "Maestro"
suspension.

Before, people never really knew what a VT or AC was unless they knew the
Giant line. NRS, yeah, maybe. But they've gotten away from the acronyms
and started using real names so people will remember them. Think about
it... how many times have your loved ones talked about the "UBS sockets" on
their computers?

I personally feel that it's mostly a load of ****. And I love Giants, so
that's saying a lot. Maybe I'll give the Anthem 2 in the shop a test ride
on a real trail sometime.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Carla A-G wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade

> I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the phone book. I
never found out either.

Scott's $.02

Carla A-G wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade

> I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the comic book. I
never found out either.

Scott's $.02

Scott Gordo wrote:
> Carla A-G wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade

>> I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...
>>
>> - CA-G
>>
>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the comic book. I
> never found out either.
>
> Scott's $.02

I sent away for the "flying" ghost in the back of an Archies comic book
in 1971. Three months later I got a flat envelope. Inside was a
string, balloon, and white plastic garbage bag. I think that was one of
the most disappointing experiences I have ever had.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> > Carla A-G wrote:
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >> I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...
> >>
> >> - CA-G
> >>
> >> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> > I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the comic book. I
> > never found out either.
> >
> > Scott's $.02
> >

> I sent away for the "flying" ghost in the back of an Archies comic book
> in 1971. Three months later I got a flat envelope. Inside was a
> string, balloon, and white plastic garbage bag. I think that was one of
> the most disappointing experiences I have ever had.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

LOL!
Oh man. Raw exploitation of little kids. That shyster business owner
must have had the PT Barnum adage on his wall. I feel bad for THAT
guy's childhood.
I'm trying to think of a cycling equivalent, where the promise falls
totally flat....
/s

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
>
>> Carla A-G wrote:
>>
>>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...
>>>
>>> - CA-G
>>>
>>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

>> I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the comic book. I
>> never found out either.
>>
>> Scott's $.02
>>

> I sent away for the "flying" ghost in the back of an Archies comic book
> in 1971. Three months later I got a flat envelope. Inside was a
> string, balloon, and white plastic garbage bag. I think that was one of
> the most disappointing experiences I have ever had.

My brother did, too. I laughed.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> I sent away for the "flying" ghost in the back of an Archies comic
>> book in 1971. Three months later I got a flat envelope. Inside was a
>> string, balloon, and white plastic garbage bag. I think that was one
>> of the most disappointing experiences I have ever had.
>>

> My brother did, too. I laughed.
>
> Greg

Very nice. It was a traumatic experience. I bet he still remembers it
as well as I do. Shattered dreams I tell you! Shattered!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

>> 29er perhaps not dead, true.
>
> No. The Dos Niner is a 29er Softtail.
>
> http://www.salsacycles.com/frames_06DosNiner.html

Nice lookin bike. I was referring to the 29er's ability to make retro
progressive, and therefore would not be dead....friends of mine that ditched
hardtails in the 90s are suddenly back on a hardtail with 29 inch wheels (I
was lumping the Dos Niner in that category I guess). But 26 inch softails
I just don't see anymore, at least not around my neck of the woods.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Don't know what your missing till its gone. Stay with the hardtail
> and your thank me.

if it's Thanks you're looking for, perhaps a proofreader b-4 you hit send
would be in order???