hardtails

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by paigeo, Sep 6, 2005.

1. triguy98

triguy98 New Member

Someone needs to head up to Ocala and Gainesville for some rides. Try Razorback and San Fellasco and tell me we dont climb.

2. inrharmony

inrharmony New Member

Hehehe....sorry about that...I've ridden my motorcycle up in the "Florida Alps" before. Well, if you want to cruise, head over here to Sarasota...it's a pancake.

3. Solanog

Solanog New Member

This are my bikes:

You may notice my steerer is upside down, when I installed the new fork the bike got a little tall and I didn't wanted to cut the stem since it may fit my brothers bike which is 21" (mine is 18.5").

[​IMG]

This one is the road bike, I used to ride on tubulars (I feel a softer ride and maybe less resistance) but they are a little expensive, scarse and hard to repair, now I ride on a rear tire and front tubular (less flats on the front position)

[​IMG]

Who remembers Shimano 600? This is installed in my road bike, is very old but still going on strong, there is no reason to replace it. Even if I go for 9spd or 10spd I will keep it since I think it will work as good as it has.

[​IMG]

4. overdbar

overdbar New Member

Every body should always have ample clearance from the top tube at least for downhiller's, dirt jumpers & freerider's 2" from the top tube and 1" for Xcountry rider's. Try a smaller bike & for sure you'll be happy most of the time. And for those who say that full suspension bikes sucks, we'll try using your hardtail MOUNTAIN bike off road & I mean OFF ROAD! please do visit our web site at www.fortythreebikes.4t.com.

5. inrharmony

inrharmony New Member

There are times when I really appreciate that rear shock on my little Y26.:D However, I won't be doing any jumping or boulder hopping anytime soon. I have a frame on the way to start a build project...it should end up being a nice bike. I'm going to take my time and get really good componentry...sort of a "lay-away" deal...just get good parts when I can afford to. What I should end up with is a hardtail with XT or better stuff. In the meantime, I'm going to 'softly' get back into the ride with the full suspension and enjoy the 'cush'.

6. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

I prefer hardtails because you don't have to deal with pedal bob, shocks, linkages, ghost shifting and the like. Hardtails also accelerate, corner and climb so much better. Suspension bikes descend better though. But I still prefer hardtails.