Haro Sub-C crank arms for KH

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by mscalisi, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. mscalisi

    mscalisi Guest

    I want to order some Haro Sub-C 140's for my Summit, and if those work
    out, maybe some 165's for my KH24.

    The thing is, all the local bikes shops I've called that carry Haro, are
    really less than helpful.

    I DID find one shop that will order them for me, but they want $100
    which seems a little steep. The bike they ship with (Haro Mirra 360)
    sells for $200.

    Anybody out there have some experience with these? Any online sources I
    can call or local bike shops with good deals?

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

  2. mango

    mango Guest

    I asked at a LBS that carried haro bikes here in San Diego. They had a
    set of 140s in stock at the time. They were asking $90 (includes tax)
    for cranks, screws, axle (for bikes) and some other bike related stuff.
    I asked if theyd sell me just the cranks for less but they werent gonna
    have it.

    So that price was way too much for me.

    If its the nubs that are bothering you, why dont you just get Darren
    Bedfords KH nub fix bolts? I havent heard a price on this but i bet its
    a whole lot cheaper than haros.

    On the other hand, at a skatepark i was eyeing some kids Bmx that had
    these same cranks on it. They were lookin real nice.;)

    --
    mango - unity - as 1 stand together

    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

    "...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower
    would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

  3. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:00:33 -0500, "mscalisi" wrote:

    >Anybody out there have some experience with these? Any online sources I
    >can call or local bike shops with good deals?

    In an earlier thread, Mango wrote:
    Here is a link to Haro's website:
    http://www.harobikes.com/parts/cranks.html

    And Zack wrote in the same thread:
    my crankes were orderd thru a bike shop. there about $70. but they
    come with the bottom braket. but u can sel it back to the bike shop
    for $35.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    I like the idea of not having to balance when out on a ride - joe

  4. vivalargo

    vivalargo Guest

    MANGO wrote: If its the nubs that are bothering you, why dont you just
    get Darren Bedfords KH nub fix bolts? I havent heard a price on this but
    i bet its a whole lot cheaper than haros.

    Yo, Mango: The bolts cost 6 bucks and if you have a grinder and a file
    you can do the job in about fifteen minutes. The result is fantastic
    and dead simple, and judging by the horrendous open lesions you have on
    your ankles, you might consider purchasing said bolts.

    JL

    --
    vivalargo
    vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

  5. mango

    mango Guest

    vivalargo wrote:
    > *Yo, Mango: The bolts cost 6 bucks and if you have a grinder and a
    > file you can do the job in about fifteen minutes. The result is
    > fantastic and dead simple, and judging by the horrendous open lesions
    > you have on your ankles, you might consider purchasing said bolts.
    >
    > JL *

    Awesome, John! I'm gonna do it up.

    How do you know the price? Did you get some?

    take it easy. -e

    --
    mango - unity - as 1 stand together

    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

    "...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower
    would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

  6. vivalargo

    vivalargo Guest

    mango wrote:
    > *
    >
    > Awesome, John! I'm gonna do it up.
    >
    > How do you know the price? Did you get some?
    >
    > take it easy. -e *

    Mango:

    I did the deed two days ago because my ankles were starting to look like
    yours. Call Darren Bedford on the phone, place the order, send him a
    check for 6 bucks and you'll have the bolts in a week. Simple as pie to
    make the change and the nub is virtually flush as the new bolts have a
    rounded head. Simple and sweet!

    Soon as it cools off (three weeks?) let's get back up to SB. Rode with
    Eyal yesterday.

    JL