Harrassment?

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 19:24:37 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >I have been told in the past with great authority that I must stop
>pedalling
>> >while being overtaken.

>> Interesting problem for you if you were riding a fixed wheel. :)

>Even with a freewheel you'd eventually grind to a halt on a busy road, especially uphill.

Quite. I habitually ease off when being overtaken by buses and trucks, but if the other buggers
can't pass me safely at my steady speed why the hell are they overtaking in the first place?

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:17:51 +0200, Mads Hilberg <[email protected]> was popularly supposed
to have said:

>> The approved uk.tosspot solution, of course, is for you to overtake the
>next
>> car, leaving them with the problem instead.
>
>Alternatively slow down very suddenly by using your handbrake (carefully!). This will scare them
>sh*tless and usually makes them back off.

This assumes that they're awake, aware and know where the brakes are.

None of these are a given.

--
Dan Holdsworth PhD [email protected] By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the
beans of Java do thoughts acquire speed, hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, By