Harry Potter's affect on kids/teens turning to Wicca?

This is one of the funniest qoutes I have yet to read on this forum and I just wanted to qoute it again.

MountainPro said:
it {Wicca}as a relgion based upon the study of the earth...the religion of our pagan forefathers...nowhere near as destuctive and dangerous as christianity....

its a good thing...

jitteringjr said:
This is one of the funniest qoutes I have yet to read on this forum and I just wanted to qoute it again.
funny? it wasnt intended that way but thanks all the same..:D

when was the last time you had a well organised and well financed militant army wage war against the unjust wiccan regime in the west?

MountainPro said:
when was the last time you had a well organised and well financed militant army wage war against the unjust wiccan regime in the west?

That it is just.... Priceless

PseudoTrek said:
I was having a discussion with a co-worker on Harry Potter, and how [she said] it causes kids/teens to be interested enough in witchcraft to turn to Wicca. Now, I have no idea whether it is true or not, nor do I have [or know of] any sources, but where she gets her information from is mostly religious based, thus [and even though I am Christian] a biased opinion.

Having said that, what is your opinion on this [since this board has a wide demographic of people]? Do you have conclusive information as to whether it is true or not?

Thanks!

Only in America would that question be asked : there was a GP rider in the 125cc class who was nicknamed the little devil so to play up the joke he used to get up on the podium with a set of red horns on his head - some US citzens were asking " is he a devil worshipper ? "
lighten up , you guys don´t practice a religion you suffer from it .

el Inglés said:
Only in America would that question be asked : there was a GP rider in the 125cc class who was nicknamed the little devil so to play up the joke he used to get up on the podium with a set of red horns on his head - some US citzens were asking " is he a devil worshipper ? "
lighten up , you guys don´t practice a religion you suffer from it .
yes, i remember the outrage in the 80s when Ozzy Osbourne and Iron Maiden etc. were accused of being devil worshippers.

Ozzy was asked 'do you worship satan?'

what do you think Ozzy said?. 'Yes, or course i ******' do, I am the prince of Darkness you fool'

this was met with gasps of horror all across America...it was very funny.

I have a video filmed in the 80s when Ozzy and Kiss toured America and were actually banned from playing some venues because of thier 'satanic lyrics' ....yes the Americans truly did believe that Ozzy was a Satan worshipper and was genuinely out to bring down the youth of America, it was very real in some peoples minds. I would like to say that the Americans saw the joke but they didnt...like i say, very funny.

what about the devil that chases Le Tour de France riders? He is pure evil.

MountainPro said:
....yes the Americans truly did believe that Ozzy was a Satan worshipper and was genuinely out to bring down the youth of America, it was very real in some peoples minds. I would like to say that the Americans saw the joke but they didnt...like i say, very funny.
It happens everywhere and throughout history, but yes, there's a particularly charming legacy in America's short history of identifying and fretting about satanic conspiracies. We're really good at it.

The Potter thing, like the fear of scary rockstars, is undeniably funny (if a little depressing at the same time). Some of the other episodes, past and present? Not so funny.

I thought this matter was dropped. :confused: By the way, the answer to the original question is, . . . .none!

By the way, Ozzy wasn't the 'prince of darkness'. He's just some low talent lucky turd that got rich off of bad music presented to drug influenced young people. You can add a LOT of those 'artists' of that time right in there with him.

PseudoTrek said:
I thought this matter was dropped. :confused: By the way, the answer to the original question is, . . . .none!

By the way, Ozzy wasn't the 'prince of darkness'. He's just some low talent lucky turd that got rich off of bad music presented to drug influenced young people. You can add a LOT of those 'artists' of that time right in there with him.
Ozzy was being facetious. He'd be the first guy to confirm that Black Sabbath was just a popular rock band.

This thread stays alive, by the way, because the Soapbox is otherwise silent...

PseudoTrek said:
By the way, Ozzy wasn't the 'prince of darkness'.
oh, you blasphemous article, of course he was...

i believe the phrase was coined by Van Helsing in Stoker's novel 'Dracula'.

Ozzy was labeled the Prince of Darkness by the amecian media in the early 80s, he thought it was kinda flattering of them to think of him that way, he then adpoted the title.

Then the american media 'accused' him of being into black magic because he calls himself the prince of darkness....(you couldn't invent this stuff)

they create the panic and spread it around and scare themselves shitless, meanwile Ozzy just gets on with his life.

classic stuff, very funny....

MountainPro said:
oh, you blasphemous article, of course he was...

i believe the phrase was coined by Van Helsing in Stoker's novel 'Dracula'.

Ozzy was labeled the Prince of Darkness by the amecian media in the early 80s, he thought it was kinda flattering of them to think of him that way, he then adpoted the title.

Then the american media 'accused' him of being into black magic because he calls himself the prince of darkness....(you couldn't invent this stuff)

they create the panic and spread it around and scare themselves shitless, meanwile Ozzy just gets on with his life.

classic stuff, very funny....
Ozzy called himself "prince of f@*king darkness". Excellent marketing ploy. Rile the parents and the kids will love it. Funny article about Ozzy...http://www.av1611.org/rock/ozzy.html

This is what Pro is talking about. Whoever wrote this obviously didn't get it.

Yes, it IS funny sometimes when people go off on tangents over a topic that would, otherwise, slip into obscurity. If a few people didn't fan the flames, there wouldn't be quite so popular movement towards interest in a subject. For instance, just because a play entitled "The Normal Heart" opens, it doesn't necessarily mean that your children will decide to be gay because of it.

Ozzy did a great marketing ploy. Let people become outraged. Let then forbid their teenagers to listen to it. Then, what will a teen do, being the teen he/she is, they'll buy the record, go to the concert, dress the part, make their parents cry, . . . . . . . . . . . then 20 years later, realize what a complete idiot they where back then.

I bet that the best marketing that J. K. Rowling got was from outraged religious parents calling for bans, burning the book, whatever they did, because it cause more interest in the books. Now, they're top sellers. I wonder if it would have been the case without all the attention.

Yes, it IS funny what people do. . . . . .It's also a bit pathetic.

BTW, okay, keeping this thread open due to Soapbox dullness. :D

Colorado Ryder said:
Ozzy called himself "prince of f@*king darkness". Excellent marketing ploy. Rile the parents and the kids will love it. Funny article about Ozzy...http://www.av1611.org/rock/ozzy.html

This is what Pro is talking about. Whoever wrote this obviously didn't get it.
that website is funny. It must have taken some poor ******* a long time to research all that BS.

i love the bit at the end, just incase you are scared it offers a prayer so that you may be saved from Ozzy.

I want to throw my 2 cents in here...Any child that was/ is not raised in a well balanced caring loving family is susceptable to the influence of anything...including religion. Most religions tell you that other religions are bad and if you do anything other then actively reject their existance you will go to hell...blah blah blah...it is all such bull ****. Raise your kids with code of honor that includes (Loyalty, Pride, trust and respect) and everything else will fall into place. A father or mother should be a childs "Harry Potter" and the one on TV will be nothing more than entertainment. Teach your child how to make good decisions and watch what happens...

I know some of you reading are saying that is always not the case and you are right. There will always be fallout but how much less fallout would there be if kids were just given a chance by non lazy parents?

PseudoTrek said:
Yes, it IS funny sometimes when people go off on tangents over a topic that would, otherwise, slip into obscurity. If a few people didn't fan the flames, there wouldn't be quite so popular movement towards interest in a subject. For instance, just because a play entitled "The Normal Heart" opens, it doesn't necessarily mean that your children will decide to be gay because of it.

Ozzy did a great marketing ploy. Let people become outraged. Let then forbid their teenagers to listen to it. Then, what will a teen do, being the teen he/she is, they'll buy the record, go to the concert, dress the part, make their parents cry, . . . . . . . . . . . then 20 years later, realize what a complete idiot they where back then.

I bet that the best marketing that J. K. Rowling got was from outraged religious parents calling for bans, burning the book, whatever they did, because it cause more interest in the books. Now, they're top sellers. I wonder if it would have been the case without all the attention.

Yes, it IS funny what people do. . . . . .It's also a bit pathetic.

BTW, okay, keeping this thread open due to Soapbox dullness. :D

Isn´t it sad that a set of harmless but well written books that are turning millions of kids all over the world on to reading should be trashed by a bunch of loonies that probably haven´t even read any of them .
Do you remember some TV evangalist trying to get that kiddies tv series " tellytubbies " banned on the grounds that as one of the characters had a triangle on it´s head it was a secret plot to make children homosexual - so secret in fact that nobody could see what he was talking about ! :confused:

el Inglés said:
Do you remember some TV evangalist trying to get that kiddies tv series " tellytubbies " banned on the grounds that as one of the characters had a triangle on it´s head it was a secret plot to make children homosexual - so secret in fact that nobody could see what he was talking about ! :confused:
Ok, you don't have the whole story.

#1 the Characters name was "tinkywinky" that is the queerist name I've ever heard.
#2Tinky Winky has the voice of a boy yet carries a purse.
#3 He is purple — the gay-pride color
#4 His antenna was shaped like a triangle — the gay-pride symbol,

zapper said:
Ok, you don't have the whole story.

#1 the Characters name was "tinkywinky" that is the queerist name I've ever heard.
#2Tinky Winky has the voice of a boy yet carries a purse.
#3 He is purple — the gay-pride color
#4 His antenna was shaped like a triangle — the gay-pride symbol,
OHHHHhhhhhh, don't tell me you subscribe to that ****, Zapper. Please don't. Drop the innuendo and throw down: in your opinion, is Tinky Winky, the purple cave-dwelling alien star of a show directed at infants, part of a gay agenda to influence our youth or not? Shoot straight with us; no jokes. I'm dying of curiosity.

lokstah said:
OHHHHhhhhhh, don't tell me you subscribe to that ****, Zapper. Please don't. Drop the innuendo and throw down: in your opinion, is Tinky Winky, the purple cave-dwelling alien star of a show directed at infants, part of a gay agenda to influence our youth or not? Shoot straight with us; no jokes. I'm dying of curiosity.
Ok..since you asked...

#1 do I think "tinky winky" sounds queer? YES
#2 Does Tinky Winky have the voice of a boy yet carries a purse. Well I can't remember if I ever heard "it's" voice but if it was a male voice with a purse then yes, I object!
#3 He is purple — the gay-pride color(I wouldn't know)
#4 His antenna was shaped like a triangle — the gay-pride symbol,(I wouldn't know) I thought that it was some rainbow sticker thing.

zapper said:
Ok..since you asked...

#1 do I think "tinky winky" sounds queer? YES
#2 Does Tinky Winky have the voice of a boy yet carries a purse. Well I can't remember if I ever heard "it's" voice but if it was a male voice with a purse then yes, I object!
#3 He is purple — the gay-pride color(I wouldn't know)
#4 His antenna was shaped like a triangle — the gay-pride symbol,(I wouldn't know) I thought that it was some rainbow sticker thing.

#2 I have heard his voice, and it is rather low pitched, a lot more so than the others. And in a way, the way the person doing the voice speaks, . . . . does sound a bit effeminate. Let's be honest here. You have to wonder WHY they would use that type of voice [when the others are high pitched], yet have it carry a purse. :confused:

PseudoTrek said:
#2 I have heard his voice, and it is rather low pitched, a lot more so than the others. And in a way, the way the person doing the voice speaks, . . . . does sound a bit effeminate. Let's be honest here. You have to wonder WHY they would use that type of voice [when the others are high pitched], yet have it carry a purse. :confused:
Well, maybe theres something to this theory afterall??? I don't know but I agree with what you are saying here. Why, why why????