Harry Potter's affect on kids/teens turning to Wicca?

I'm quite familiar with all the bullet points, so reiterating that TW is purple, triangle-sporting, tote-hauling and of a moderately-timbered voiced doesn't do much for me.

My personal opinion is the one held by most, particularly those who've ever watched the show (I confess, I have--good stuff): each of those four creatures is an androgenous, non-sexual, vaugely humanoid blob of color intended to make toddlers pay attention to the screen and learn to say BYE BYE and HELLO. Any characteristics of Tinky Winky which have lead some to declare it part of a calculated gay agenda are incidental, and the speculation is sad, nervous, homophobic paranoia.

You're dancing around the question. Do you really think there's an agenda at play?

lokstah said:
You're dancing around the question. Do you really think there's an agenda at play?
On the surface it appears that there are many "coincidentals" here...I’m on the fence on this one but I'm not discounting the idea...But if it helps you with where I am on this issue...I'm against gay marriage, I hate Rosie O’Donnell but I like Ellen...How is that for clarity?

zapper said:
On the surface it appears that there are many "coincidentals" here...I’m on the fence on this one but I'm not discounting the idea...But if it helps you with where I am on this issue...I'm against gay marriage, I hate Rosie O’Donnell but I like Ellen...How is that for clarity?
I can appreciate being undecided on the troubling matter of Tinky Winky's sexuality. I suppose.

lokstah said:
I'm quite familiar with all the bullet points, so reiterating that TW is purple, triangle-sporting, tote-hauling and of a moderately-timbered voiced doesn't do much for me.

My personal opinion is the one held by most, particularly those who've ever watched the show (I confess, I have--good stuff): each of those four creatures is an androgenous, non-sexual, vaugely humanoid blob of color intended to make toddlers pay attention to the screen and learn to say BYE BYE and HELLO. Any characteristics of Tinky Winky which have lead some to declare it part of a calculated gay agenda are incidental, and the speculation is sad, nervous, homophobic paranoia.

Where did all the good shows like Lassie and The Lone Ranger go.
On second thought I always wondered about Tonto,they sure seemed to like each other a lot and his affinity for silver bullets. I mean a regular guy would just use lead. After all he wasn't hunting vampires.
Does "Kimo-Sabe mean handsome white man I want to share tee-pee with.
I mean what real cowboy wears pastel blue and the mask....well need I say more all that is missing is a whip and a video camera... I forgot they were being filmed.
There you have it the two original "Village People".
Don't get me started on Gilligan and The Skipper.

jhuskey said:
There you have it the two original "Village People".
Don't get me started on Gilligan and The Skipper.
Well, we all know that Perry Mason was gay.....I think the Private detective on the show was his boyfriend...

zapper said:
On the surface it appears that there are many "coincidentals" here...
And for the record, the unofficial color of the gay community is pink, not purple. On of the symbols of the gay community is, yes, a triangle, albeit a rainbow-striped one. Tinky Winky's antenna looks a lot like--gasp--a television antenna.

The reddish Teletubbie, the one with the glowing phallus on its head, always made me blush and change the channel. But Tinky Winky? It's a purple-clad television repair alien (hence the tote bag). Simple as that.

The Rowling books, though, are a boldfaced handbook for satanic youth culture.

lokstah said:
And for the record, the unofficial color of the gay community is pink, not purple.
Is that Unofficial or "Official" and how do you know?

On of the symbols of the gay community is, yes, a triangle, albeit a rainbow-striped one. Tinky Winky's antenna looks a lot like--gasp--a television antenna.
I never had a triangle shaped like that. To be honest, my brother threw the hammer and 35lb weight in college and it looks more like the handle to the 35lb weight..but tv antenna???Do they even make them anymore?

But Tinky Winky? It's a purple-clad television repair alien (hence the tote bag). Simple as that.
C'mon man, it's a freakin PURSE...Even if it were a "tote"..."totes" are made for women...a TOOL box looks manly!

zapper said:
Is that Unofficial or "Official" and how do you know?
There is no official color, because the gay community is not an official organization. It's a demographic organized into loose-knit groups. Generally, though, the symbolic color is pink. I know because it's a community I'm pretty familiar with--something I'll say with zero reservations.

zapper said:
I never had a triangle shaped like that. To be honest, my brother threw the hammer and 35lb weight in college and it looks more like the handle to the 35lb weight..but tv antenna???Do they even make them anymore?
You're right, it's not a realistic-looking antenna at all; it's a caricature of a TV antenna, the kind you'd see drawn in illustrations or cartoons. If there ever was a sort that looked like that, it's extinct. TW's headpiece might just be a shape, not meant to reference anything. That said, I'd maintain that if the 'Tubbies antennas are supposed to suggest real-life things, I'd refer to Occum.

zapper said:
C'mon man, it's a freakin PURSE...Even if it were a "tote"..."totes" are made for women...a TOOL box looks manly!
You're right: tool boxes look manly, and so do most men. Tinky Winky does not. Why? Because it's an androgenous creature, that's why, not intended to convey sexuality. It's a purple monster, one of a set of equally androgenous quadruplets. It doesn't go to work, clubs, or even the restroom. Teletubbies is a show for babies. Tool box, tote, duffel, purse, shaving kit, makeup bag--it couldn't matter less.

[

You're right: tool boxes look manly, and so do most men. Tinky Winky does not. Why? Because it's an androgenous creature, that's why, not intended to convey sexuality.

So Tinky is sort of like my ex-wife.

jhuskey said:
[

You're right: tool boxes look manly, and so do most men. Tinky Winky does not. Why? Because it's an androgenous creature, that's why, not intended to convey sexuality.

So Tinky is sort of like my ex-wife.
haha...did she carry a "toolbox"?

zapper said:
damn...glad you kicked the habit...er I mean ditched her.

Yep, just her habit..by the way if Mason was, gay was Ironside also gay?

What about poor old Spongebob ?
He's been demonised because he's got a squeaky voice and very close friend called Patrick.

Political correctness gone made - down at the Krusty Krab takeaway.

limerickman said:
What about poor old Spongebob ?
He's been demonised because he's got a squeaky voice and very close friend called Patrick.
Even yesterday, I would have assumed we could all chime in together and pin the SpongeBob talk as complete garbage as well. I'm not so sure anymore...

lokstah said:
Even yesterday, I would have assumed we could all chime in together and pin the SpongeBob talk as complete garbage as well. I'm not so sure anymore...

he's another one that they're trying to "out".

I wonder will David Hasselhoff be the next target ?

lokstah said:
What's going on here? I'm away for a couple of days, and you're all back on the bong and LSD. Can't leave you for five minutes. Teletubbies, Wicca Wacky Baccy, shoe polish, and meths. Fine lot you turned out to be.