Harry Potter's affect on kids/teens turning to Wicca?

A quick side note that is in step with this discussion. The small primate that was found years ago, and called 'Lucy', was given that name based on the song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Interesting and true.

Back to your discussion.

PseudoTrek said:
A quick side note that is in step with this discussion. The small primate that was found years ago, and called 'Lucy', was given that name based on the song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Interesting and true.

Back to your discussion.
Right, I remember that!

lokstah said:
Right, I remember that!

My favorite Beatles prank - in "Girl" the background vocals consist of <inhaling sounds> like smoking a joint, and "*** *** *** *** *** *** ***" instead of doo wop wop. It's amazing how you can hear it a million times and not notice until someone points it out (I read it in Paul's own words).

Zapper,

Why do you spell 'usa' in your details in lower case? Just asking, it has no particular relevance to anything...

PseudoTrek said:

Back to your discussion.
Yeah, thats because it was played over and over and ver again during the dig...

MountainPro said:
Zapper,

Why do you spell 'usa' in your details in lower case? Just asking, it has no particular relevance to anything...
To be honest..thanks for pointing it out...Probably subconsciously, I didn't want to offend you foreigners with capital letters :rolleyes:

zapper said:
I'm not the one on prozac...
thats right, now i remember...and you also told me that you dont buy your TVs from electrical stores because there arent any in the usa...you get them from the local deli i presume?

MountainPro said:
thats right, now i remember...and you also told me that you dont buy your TVs from electrical stores because there arent any in the usa...you get them from the local deli i presume?

Don't want to get in the debate MP.
The widely used US terminology is electronics outlet or electronics department within a department store
Not important just for your reference.

MountainPro said:
Yep...grab a sandwhich and shop for a tv...pretty relaxing..oh, have a beer as well...you guys should try it instead of having to go to those "specialty stores"...

zapper said:
Yep...grab a sandwhich and shop for a tv...pretty relaxing..oh, have a beer as well...you guys should try it instead of having to go to those "specialty stores"...
We have a choice in the UK we can go to department stores or electrical stores which ithink is pretty great, however if you go shopping for TVs while ****** up and stinking of booze you'll be refused entry to the shops. I suppose that where the US and the UK differ.

zapper said:

no wonder you're 25lbs overweight.

MountainPro said:
We have a choice in the UK we can go to department stores or electrical stores which ithink is pretty great, however if you go shopping for TVs while ****** up and stinking of booze you'll be refused entry to the shops. I suppose that where the US and the UK differ.
Welcome to the 21st century...Glad you just got department stores that sell electronics... But we call ours electronic stores not electrical...therein lies the confusion..my bad...

zapper said:
Welcome to the 21st century...Glad you just got department stores that sell electronics... But we call ours electronic stores not electrical...therein lies the confusion..my bad...
and the staff there are perfectly happy to sell you TVs and the like if your when youve ****** your pants after too many beers?

god bless america...

MountainPro said:
and the staff there are perfectly happy to sell you TVs and the like if your when youve ****** your pants after too many beers?

god bless america...
Yep...as long as you don't get unruly...

zapper said:
Yep...but you can't smoke in the store though...(Good thing!)
as from April 2006 you wont be able to smoke anywhere public in Scotland. Pubs, shops, clubs...anywhere. Just like in Ireland right now.

you're right, it is a good thing.