Harry Potter's affect on kids/teens turning to Wicca?

MountainPro said:
hmmmm, in all my years as a mountain bike rider, i have never heard the term 'bomber'

i am an all rounder, freerider, trails, roads, touring...most things...
Around here a bomber is a downhiller. I stick to roads and sometimes ride trails with some minor technical stuff.

Colorado Ryder said:
Around here a bomber is a downhiller.
i see, in that case then i do a bit but my bike isnt really built for the rigours of DH, its a lightweight XC machine..

MountainPro said:
i see, in that case then i do a bit but my bike isnt really built for the rigours of DH, its a lightweight XC machine..
I used to when I was young and dumb. Broke my ankle and left my balls on the mountain. Never had the will to go get them again.

Colorado Ryder said:
I used to when I was young and dumb. Broke my ankle and left my balls on the mountain. Never had the will to go get them again.
i watched the then world No1 DH champion Steve Peat at the UCI World Cup tackle what the UCI called the scariest downhill course in the world. It made me realise that he and others like him are made from different stuff from the rest of us mortals.

Insane speeds...

i am not a downhiller and never have been, but during a ride i will encounter steep slopes and drop offs and try to take them as fast as i can without breaking any major bones....but i wouldnt do it exclusively.

As we say in Scotland, i am too much of a ****** shitbag.

Colorado Ryder said:
What is that design on the frame? Is that flowers?
It's an asian tapestry-esque wind and water motif. Custom selection from Klein last year.

Colorado Ryder said:
interesting and quite nice.
Thank you! My pride and joy. In a 58cm frame, with pedals and bottle cages, she's about 16.5 lbs of hill-climbing love.

lokstah said:
Thank you! My pride and joy. In a 58cm frame, with pedals and bottle cages, she's about 16.5 lbs of hill-climbing love.
How come you lot over there have 'feminised' bikes, when we refer to a bike as 'it'.

FredC said:
Is she your ride on the side? How sweet.
I realized shortly after writing it that calling Marianne my "number one gal" could get me in a great deal of trouble.

lokstah said:
I realized shortly after writing it that calling Marianne my "number one gal" could get me in a great deal of trouble.
Don't let the wife catch you sniffing her saddle.

FredC said:
She's the fiancee, mind you; even so, she already has caught me thusly, and worse. There is great tension. We're acting out "Cabaret" daily.

lokstah said:
She's the fiancee, mind you; even so, she already has caught me thusly, and worse. There is great tension. We're acting out "Cabaret" daily.

life is a cabaret......old chum

FredC said:
speaking of old pros....

space core directive 1595190: Anyone caught sniffing the saddle of the exrecise bike in the womens gym will be dismissed without trial?

hmmmm, i fail to see the relevance..

lokstah said:
Let's not gloss it over. It turns them in to smelly, yellow-toothed, saddlebag-skinned cancer machines with damaged upholstery in their cars and homes.

Ditto. They turn into ugly people doing ugly things.