Harvest Century

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Frank P. Patter, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. The Harvest Century was this past Saturday. As rides in the wine country go, this one is quite flat,
    probably not more than 1,000' climbing total. Absolutely great weather. The ride was well attended
    by recumbents. There may well have been 20. Trikes, SWBs, LWBs, Tandems, everything was there. Most
    memorably for uprights and recumbents was Dean Pederson in his COYOTE. While cruising along at 20+
    on a flat stretch, I noticed him approaching. Quickly he passed and soon was out of sight. At the 36
    mile rest stop his presence was roundly noted. The demographics of the recumbent riders was
    curiously of an older set than I usually see at local rides.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    "Frank P. Patterson" wrote:
    > ...Most memorably for uprights and recumbents was Dean Pederson in his COYOTE. While cruising
    > along at 20+ on a flat stretch, I noticed him approaching. Quickly he passed and soon was out of
    > sight. At the 36 mile rest stop his presence was roundly noted....

    Here is a picture of Dean Pederson walking off with the Coyote after a speed run at Battle Mountain
    last year. The fairing is a modified version of that used on the Easy Racers Gold Rush. <
    http://www.speedbikebgl.de/pix/bm02403.jpg >

  3. Coyote is an excellent demonstration of the power that streamlining has to offer. A bike that has
    made the transition from the track to the street. No doubt he did the 100k in 2 hours...again! Just
    wish it wasn't so expensive to build, then others could have the experience. Speedy