Has anybody tried the new 'Solar Kettle'?

CyclingUK2012

Oct 30, 2012
Hi Guys,

I'm a keen cyclist and am planning a tour around the south of France next year. I recently came across a new product called 'Solar Kettle' (solarkettle.co.uk) which looks as though it would make a great addition to the inventory. It says it can boil water from chilled to boiling using only the sun! I was wondering if anyone had bought/tried the kettle as I'm keen to gather feedback before purchasing!

It also says it can keep hot water hot all day long, again comments much appreciated. If you haven't already seen it, I'd recommend checking it out. It's pretty cool, reasonably priced (£34.99) and apparently it only came to market a month ago!

Cheers guys.

CyclingUK2012

CyclingUK2012 said:
Hi Guys, I'm a keen cyclist and am planning a tour around the south of France next year. I recently came across a new product called 'Solar Kettle' (solarkettle.co.uk) which looks as though it would make a great addition to the inventory. It says it can boil water from chilled to boiling using only the sun! I was wondering if anyone had bought/tried the kettle as I'm keen to gather feedback before purchasing! It also says it can keep hot water hot all day long, again comments much appreciated. If you haven't already seen it, I'd recommend checking it out. It's pretty cool, reasonably priced (£34.99) and apparently it only came to market a month ago! Cheers guys. CyclingUK2012
It will no doubt warm or cook things (it'll collect about 140W of solar energy), but don't expect it to be very fast at all.