Has anyone besides Savoldelli ever won a Grand Tour

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kurgan Gringioni, May 7, 2006.

  1. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Anybody else notice that Henry was ALMOST human there for a second?

  2. [email protected] wrote:

    > Anyway, it's a chicken v. egg sort of thing, I guess. If hadn't paced
    > well, he'd have lost more time, if he paced even better and lost a
    > little less time on the way up, he wouldn't have needed to descend as
    > well.

    Dumbass -

    You're missing the point. Lots of guys can ride within their limits and
    ride within themselves to victory..

    Hardly anyone has 'descending speed' as a weapon and uses that speed as
    an important component of a win.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > > Anyway, it's a chicken v. egg sort of thing, I guess. If hadn't paced
    > > well, he'd have lost more time, if he paced even better and lost a
    > > little less time on the way up, he wouldn't have needed to descend as
    > > well.

    > Dumbass -
    >

    > You're missing the point. Lots of guys can ride within their limits and
    > ride within themselves to victory..
    >
    > Hardly anyone has 'descending speed' as a weapon and uses that speed as
    > an important component of a win.
    >

    > thanks,
    >
    > K. Gringioni.

    I've descended to victory more than a few times. Of course, these
    victories don't count for anything because it was during masters
    racing. We were just engaging in a hobby.

    Scott

  4. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > I've descended to victory more than a few times. Of course, these
    > victories don't count for anything because it was during masters
    > racing. We were just engaging in a hobby.

    Going fast downhill is a common skill in masters racing.

    Bob "Goes fast downhill" Schwartz

  5. Scott wrote:

    > I've descended to victory more than a few times. Of course, these
    > victories don't count for anything because it was during masters
    > racing. We were just engaging in a hobby.

    Dumbass -

    You have the correct attitude.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.