Has Anyone Done Pilates Exercise?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Arnold, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. Arnold

    Arnold Guest

    What do you think of it for conditioning. I'm not a body builder and just
    want stronger muscles not big ones.

    Tags:

  2. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:44:48 GMT, "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What do you think of it for conditioning. I'm not a body builder and just
    >want stronger muscles not big ones.

    Do you want longer muscles, as well?

    Patrick Falcon

  3. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "Patrick Falcon" <[email protected]> wrote
    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:44:48 GMT, "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>What do you think of it for conditioning. I'm not a body builder and just
    >>want stronger muscles not big ones.
    >>

    > Do you want longer muscles, as well?

    Long AND lean.

    David

  4. David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Patrick Falcon" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:44:48 GMT, "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>What do you think of it for conditioning. I'm not a body builder and just
    > >>want stronger muscles not big ones.
    > >>

    > > Do you want longer muscles, as well?

    > Long AND lean.

    Like a dancer. Or a Hollywood movie star!

  5. Azul Funk

    Azul Funk Guest

    "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > What do you think of it for conditioning. I'm not a body builder and just
    > want stronger muscles not big ones.

    Pliates I haven't tried, but I've been hooked on Yoga for a couple of months
    now and don't plan on going back.
    I've noticed development in muscles that I didn't even know I had, and very
    notable improvements in my core strength and posture.
    It's helped my form in the weight room as well as my endurance.
    I do the hot yoga (bikrams) where they heat the room and you sweat a
    bucket's worth over an hour and a half. I haven't had a zit since I started
    because my pores are staying clean (i suppose).
    Let me know how the pilates works for you.

    Azul

  6. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote
    > David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> > Do you want longer muscles, as well?

    >> Long AND lean.

    > Like a dancer. Or a Hollywood movie star!

    Or Fitness Celebrity John Basedow.

    David

  7. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    David Cohen wrote:
    > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> "Patrick Falcon" <[email protected]> wrote

    >>> Long AND lean.

    >> Like a dancer. Or a Hollywood movie star!

    > Or Fitness Celebrity John Basedow.
    >
    > David

    Or Richard Simmons?

    I'm a pony, I'm a pony!
    --
    -Larry

  8. Arnold wrote:
    > What do you think of it for conditioning. I'm not a body builder and

    just
    > want stronger muscles not big ones.

    It's fantastic! Find a good instructor. I also walk three to five
    miles three times per week. I look and feel better at 44 than I did at
    24.

  9. [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Arnold wrote:
    > > What do you think of it for conditioning. I'm not a body builder and

    > just
    > > want stronger muscles not big ones.

    > It's fantastic! Find a good instructor. I also walk three to five
    > miles three times per week. I look and feel better at 44 than I did at
    > 24.

    Great news! For my part, I feel much better at 40 than I was when I
    was 20. I want to be able to play hockey when I am 65.