Has anyone else noticed that Armstrong isn't riding the much hyped Trek Madone 5.9 the last few days

Michael Gacki

Guest
but he seems to have switched back to the 5900 "team bike"....anyone know anything about this?

"Michael Gacki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> but he seems to have switched back to the 5900 "team bike"....anyone know anything about this?

Somebody stated that he was riding a special ultralight version of the 5900,
i.e., a bike lighter than the Madone, for the mountains. (Of course, now that he broke the chainstay
in his crash, expect him to be back on the latter bike Wednesday...)

Andy Coggan

Why would they have another waiting for him..........???? "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]>
> "Michael Gacki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > but he seems to have switched back to the 5900 "team bike"....anyone know anything about this?
>
> Somebody stated that he was riding a special ultralight version of the
5900,
> i.e., a bike lighter than the Madone, for the mountains. (Of course, now that he broke the
> chainstay in his crash, expect him to be back on the latter bike Wednesday...)
>
> Andy Coggan

Should say why wouldn't they have another bike waiting for him............they have plenty. "Just a
Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Why would they have another waiting for him..........???? "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "Michael Gacki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > but he seems to have switched back to the 5900 "team bike"....anyone know anything about this?
> >
> > Somebody stated that he was riding a special ultralight version of the
> 5900,
> > i.e., a bike lighter than the Madone, for the mountains. (Of course, now that he broke the
> > chainstay in his crash, expect him to be back on the latter bike Wednesday...)
> >
> > Andy Coggan

"Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Should say why wouldn't they have another bike waiting for him............they have plenty. "Just
> a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Why would they have another waiting for him..........???? "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]>
> > wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > "Michael Gacki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Somebody stated that he was riding a special ultralight version of the
> > 5900,
> > > i.e., a bike lighter than the Madone, for the mountains. (Of course,
now
> > > that he broke the chainstay in his crash, expect him to be back on the latter bike
> > > Wednesday...)
> > >
> > > Andy Coggan

There is an article about this on the Bicycling web site. Seems Lance broke a prototype
(Double?)Superlight 5900. It weighs even less than the Madone
5.9.

Mack Mad wrote:

> There is an article about this on the Bicycling web site. Seems Lance broke a prototype
> (Double?)Superlight 5900. It weighs even less than the Madone
> 5.9.

What's the point of making the frame lighter when there is an official lower limit on weight that
can be achieved already? Making the frame stiffer and stronger for the same weight I can understand

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Mack Mad wrote:
>
> > There is an article about this on the Bicycling web site. Seems Lance
broke
> > a prototype (Double?)Superlight 5900. It weighs even less than the
Madone
> > 5.9.
>
> What's the point of making the frame lighter when there is an official lower limit on weight that
> can be achieved already? Making the frame stiffer and stronger for the same weight I can
> understand

The Madone is configured with STI left and right and Lance does not like to use front STI and also
does not like to have the config changed once it is set up. Per the article that quoted the Trek
team liaison.