Has anyone else who is watching the Tour noticed this?......

Smokey

Guest
it looks to me as though some of the riders are running less leg extension than they have in the
past. they have quite a bit of bend in their legs at the bottom of the pedal stroke, probably at
least 30-35 degrees (rough estimate, i admit). is this because they are spinning more rpms? i have
seen the greg lemond recommendation of multiplying your true inseam length (in riding shorts and
socks) X .883, but he also recommends running your seat a bit lower if you use clipless pedals. just
curious...... smokey

On 20 Jul 2003 09:55:00 -0700, [email protected] (smokey) wrote:

>it looks to me as though some of the riders are running less leg extension than they have in
>the past.

Is that true on the TT and sprint stages, though, or only on the mountina stages where they'll be
out of the saddle quite a bit of the time?

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com [currently
offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]