Has anyone ever a consulted a naturopathic doctor for injuries?

kaian

Aug 22, 2004
I seem to be a tendinitis magnet. I've had it in 4 different places in 3 years. I am thinking I could be deficient in vitamins/minerals or something and have thought about seeing someone who specializes in this. It is not covered by insurance, so I thought I would get others input before I go emptying my wallet.

Has anyone used these kinds of services? Was your experience good/bad? Thanks!

kaian said:
I seem to be a tendinitis magnet. I've had it in 4 different places in 3 years. I am thinking I could be deficient in vitamins/minerals or something and have thought about seeing someone who specializes in this. It is not covered by insurance, so I thought I would get others input before I go emptying my wallet.

My primary care physician is a naturopatic Dr. She is wonderful. My 'traditional' Dr decided to Rx Prosac to me when I was feeling a little down. four days after taking these pills, I was almost to the point of suicide. the ONLY reason I didn't take my trusty Colt .45 Defender out with me into the orchard is because I understood WHY I was feeling like I was. I stopped with the pills, and geee whiz, I no longer felt like killing myself! And her response? Well, lets put you on a different anti-depressant! the 'traditional' Dr's response to just about anything was to Rx something.

The only Rx's I have in the medicine cabinet is Allegra, for my seasonal allergies. Sleeping aids? Herbal. PMS symptoms? herbal and exercise. A change in eating habits, a slight change in lifestyle. I'm happy, fairly well adjusted, and no longer need to take aspirin every day for my throbbing headache (cause its no longer there!) And her husband is my acupuncturist. Most of my chronic back pain is gone.

The only 'traditional' Dr is see now is for yearly mamograms, and for my knee, which was injured and hurting long before I first saw my nat Dr.

PS:
My insurance coverers her fee 100%, because she is my primary care Dr. I do pay her husband about $75 bucks per appt for his services, only because he is not covered for accU under my current insurance (but he was with Blue Cross!!!)

Thank you for responding! I knew 2 people who had problems with Paxil (another anti-depressant). One of them had suicidal thoughts, but got through it and the other one ended up going through with the suicide. Terrible. You can't just go around playing with brain chemicals like that.

I'm glad to hear that your doc has helped you. My primary care doc is pretty good, but limited. Hopefully I can find someone in my area. Thanks again.

All that I use are alternative medicines.And than God that nothing very serious has entered my life. But just maybe it is because of the fact that I try my best to take good care.

I have been using Aternative therapy's for about 10 yrs now, ( I'am 50yr). My personal take on ailments now, they all stem from some other issue in your body. In most cases if they are recurring, then you have one organ or a series of organs that are not functioning correctly. If all of your vital organs are working to there best, then they will filter all unwanted materials out of your body, leaving nothing to create a problem.

Another therapy that I live by is refelexology, believe it or not. For me I have corrected loads of issues in my body and long before they manifested to something greater.

There is plenty of information on the NET, and then you can make your own decision.

Thats my take

Not done the naturopath thing, but have been treated by a McTimoney chiropractor who fortunately is a "sporting billy" which has been ace. Did the excersise programme had the treatment i'm much improved on many muscularskeletal fronts.

kaian said:

As far as tendinitis is concerned, there is actually very little evidence of the condition. More appropriately, tendinosis, or degenerative changes take place due to decreased circulation thru a particular area and subsequent fibrosis. Active Release Technique/Neuromuscular Re-education/Myofascial Release/or Graston/ASTYM/SASTM instrument techniques peridodically would be helpful.

Nutritional factors can play a role, and yes Naturopathic Doctors can be helpful. Here is the conundrum. They are unlicensed in most states, therefore a person can get a degree online thru a diploma mill and call themselves a naturopath. Depending on where you live, you need to find a ND that has graduated from a 4 year accredited school. They are going to be much more helpful to you. Good luck.:)