Has anyone ever harassed you for wearing the cycling outfit?

Those are some crazy messed up jerseys. I'm all about wearing jerseys to get attention but those are nuts.

kleng said:
Just imagine what comments everbody would get if we wore these Northwave Jerseys, I'm quite partial to the skeleton outfit, notice the matching gloves
Right on man! hahaha.
The way I see it now, there's other people to make fun of now instead of cyclists; the mascara wearing boys, the girls tight tight tight pants wearing boys. That far outdoes any stupid faux pas fashion stuff cyclists do!!! At least we have a purpose! and excellent physical shape

I have a friend who I've ridden with who yells at the smallest thing. A car might go fairly close to him and they get a barrage of "Learn to drive you f*****g dickheads, f*****g hell!! Get off the f******g road!!!!"

It is f*****g hilarious and he's a joy to ride with. :)

I've never been verbally abused by anyone. Got some nice smile and waves from girls though. :)

Although when I occasionally wear my T-Mobile top I've had other riders yell stuff like "It's Jan Ullrich, HEY, Lance went that-a-way!" - All in good fun. :)

The Northwave stuff is the most wicked stuff I ever seen

If only we could get them in Australia for a decent price:confused:

Hey mezzinator...the fella who yells at everyone sounds just like me...
Although I have toned it down to almost never because our company subsidised a full kit carrying our logo. And all we need is one phone call of complaint...they just have to advise the suburb it was in, the other riders will all say "STEVE !!! ":mad: :confused: :rolleyes:

PartisanRanger said:
Yea, I'd thought about it before but I don't think I'm gonna go buy the yellow jersey, national champ jersey, etc. and end up looking like a Lance wannabe (though we all are in some way or another :p). I ride with my UVA jerseys or pro team jerseys.

While I lurk and do not post, I must reply to this. I wear yellow because it is the most visible color I have found. If there are others please tell me because I know it is a bit silly to wear the leaders color at the very end of the pack.

Wembley1: if the Yellow Jersey is a replica of a Maillot Jaune, then maybe others may have an issue with it. However what a rider wears is his or her own personal choice.
Whilst I would never buy or wear a national champion jersey or yellow jersey, if I see others wearing one, I would think "not something I would do, but each to his own....free country and all that..."
However I saw a picture of a Colombian National Team jersey and I reckon it looks really nice, the colour and all that... so I would be happy wearing that.

Just my own opinion....:rolleyes:

Aussie Steve said:
Wembley1: if the Yellow Jersey is a replica of a Maillot Jaune, then maybe others may have an issue with it. However what a rider wears is his or her own personal choice.
Whilst I would never buy or wear a national champion jersey or yellow jersey, if I see others wearing one, I would think "not something I would do, but each to his own....free country and all that..."
However I saw a picture of a Colombian National Team jersey and I reckon it looks really nice, the colour and all that... so I would be happy wearing that.

Just my own opinion....:rolleyes:
If it is a replaca Maillot Jaune, with the Credit Lyonnais logo then I would agree that I would not wear it; however, if it is just a plain, yellow jersey without a sponsor or race name, then I would have no problem wearing it. Orange is also highly visible, but as a University of Kentucky alumnus, there is no way I would way orange.

RickF said:
If it is a replaca Maillot Jaune, with the Credit Lyonnais logo then I would agree that I would not wear it; however, if it is just a plain, yellow jersey without a sponsor or race name, then I would have no problem wearing it. Orange is also highly visible, but as a University of Kentucky alumnus, there is no way I would way orange.
Malliot Jaune, no way Jose! Plain yellow, sure!
Florescent Green is also highly visible, more so than yellow. Remember that next time you want to be seen!! haha, who knows, maybe it would start a new fad, too. OR, green with a skeleton on it. Now that's a trend. lol.

For some reason this year I've been getting waved at by Harley riders. I don't know, maybe after they watched American Chopper and saw the motorcyle that was custom built for Lance they think cyclists are semi-cool. I've been yelled at a few times, but the worst was being shot 7 times with an automatic paint ball rifle. The guy was actually a good shot, nice tight pattern.

southwind said:
For some reason this year I've been getting waved at by Harley riders. I don't know, maybe after they watched American Chopper and saw the motorcyle that was custom built for Lance they think cyclists are semi-cool. I've been yelled at a few times, but the worst was being shot 7 times with an automatic paint ball rifle. The guy was actually a good shot, nice tight pattern.
HAHAHAHA...nice man that's a funny story.

mezzinator said:
I have a friend who I've ridden with who yells at the smallest thing. A car might go fairly close to him and they get a barrage of "Learn to drive you f*****g dickheads, f*****g hell!! Get off the f******g road!!!!"

It is f*****g hilarious and he's a joy to ride with. :)

Hmmm. I think I might know him. :p

mezzinator said:
Although when I occasionally wear my T-Mobile top I've had other riders yell stuff like "It's Jan Ullrich, HEY, Lance went that-a-way!" - All in good fun. :)

But its PINK!!! :eek:

I think it looks strange when I see a road rider and he's NOT wearing the right gear... Doesn't he know he could be 10% faster and a shiteload more comfortable??!! :rolleyes:

izzythedan said:
Hmmm. I think I might know him. :p

Yeah, that bloke who stares at you in the mirror whenever you do your hair in the morning!!! ;)

Its PINK... But... But... Pink FLAMES....... Oh, maybe thats worse.... ;)

hd reynolds said:
I think you ought to read it again because you got a lot of things wrong.

1) I did not say I pointed the gun at him. I said I flashed (not point) my Glock.
2) Where in the post I said I challenged a motorist? Do you comprehend English?
3) The threat was there and he yelled he'll shoot me (and I was only coasting when he drove alongside me). I wanted for him to pass but he drove alongside continued yelling. When he didn’t pass even when I was already slowing down that’s the time I let him know I am armed.
4) I have a permit to carry my gun.
5) I know how to handle guns and I only fire them on the shooting range where I have a membership.
6) I carry for self defense coz I know 2 people, one of them is my bro, who had their mega-buck bikes snatched from them while riding.
7) And specially if I am riding alone out of city center I am armed to protect myself.

Next time don’t make any misinformed judgements and assumptions. Saves a lot of embarassment. And you talk about ambassadorship?

Real men ride with swords

izzythedan said:
My T-Mobile jersey isn't pink. Besides, living in the Bay Area, I don't think anyone would flinch if I were to wear a pink cycling jersey. ;)

Has anyone ever harassed you for wearing the cycling outfit?
let me think... black combats, ratty offensive t-shirt, trainers, leather jacket if it looks like rain and scuffed shades, riding a rusty hybrid with welded forks and woven spokes that creak alarmingly when the temperature changes... anyone harassed me? I dunno I'm too busy harassing the rest of society to notice!

Really, who are the "fags" I would have to believe the people yelling at you and your nice looking fit torso and a chizzled set of legs are the real "fags". I get yelled at all the time and just say thank you. It just means someone is noticing my harrd work and is secretly telling me i look damn good. I usually get stuff thrown at me though by the rednecks in my area. That is not as much fun. So to all us "fags" keep riding on knowing that we are the ****.

FloydLandis said:
Really, who are the "fags" I would have to believe the people yelling at you and your nice looking fit torso and a chizzled set of legs are the real "fags". I get yelled at all the time and just say thank you. It just means someone is noticing my harrd work and is secretly telling me i look damn good. I usually get stuff thrown at me though by the rednecks in my area. That is not as much fun. So to all us "fags" keep riding on knowing that we are the ****.
You hit the nail on the head. Whenever someone yells an insult at me while riding I'm thinking, you try this lard ass and we'll see who the ***** is.

FloydLandis said:

Are you sure you look great?

They may be yelling at you because you really do look like a pile of **** bulging out of your lycra. :D