Has anyone ever harassed you for wearing the cycling outfit?

mezzinator said:
Its PINK... But... But... Pink FLAMES....... Oh, maybe thats worse.... ;)
I believe if you've got a T-Mobile item (bike, shirt, shorts, whatever) with pink flames, not only is it pink - it a women's model......... says one of my riding partners who sniggers when she see's men wearing such items.

ive been called a *** many a time, mostly by bogans in their crappy V8's, or those little glow-in-the-dark rice rockets. kinda funny really...

this one time i got hollered at by some guys, stuck their head out the window looked me in the eye and called me a f**king ***. it was rather entertaining when they had stopped at the lights and i caught up... and they noticed that i had BREASTS. i just raised a questioning eyebrow at them. one of the guys thought it prudent to change tact... and called me a lesbian instead.

i then informed them that at least i get more ***** than they do, and rode off.

ive been called a *** many a time, mostly by bogans in their crappy V8's, or those little glow-in-the-dark rice rockets. kinda funny really...

this one time i got hollered at by some guys, stuck their head out the window looked me in the eye and called me a f**king ***. it was rather entertaining when they had stopped at the lights and i caught up... and they noticed that i had BREASTS. i just raised a questioning eyebrow at them. one of the guys thought it prudent to change tact... and called me a lesbian instead.

Eden said:
I believe if you've got a T-Mobile item (bike, shirt, shorts, whatever) with pink flames, not only is it pink - it a women's model......... says one of my riding partners who sniggers when she see's men wearing such items.
:eek:

This is definitely a mens cut... er, I'm sure it is... Its in XXL too. A shirt for large women?

Eden said:

This is definitely a mens cut... er, I'm sure it is... Its in XXL too. A shirt for large women?

mezzinator said:

Hee hee - this is what the web site said about the pink flame jersey:

This 2005 jersey is worn by the US women's T-Mobile Cycling Team (For team info
click here ).

It is an Original Team outfit, not a copy, so you are wearing the exact same Jersey as the riders you see in the magazines and on TV.

This jersey is a standard cut, not a special women's cut, so it will fit both sexes.
Constructed with a lightweight proprietary Fresco Coolmax polyester fabric that wicks away perspiration.

mezzinator said:

Hee hee - this is what the web site said about the pink flame jersey:

This 2005 jersey is worn by the US women's T-Mobile Cycling Team (For team info
click here ).

It is an Original Team outfit, not a copy, so you are wearing the exact same Jersey as the riders you see in the magazines and on TV.

This jersey is a standard cut, not a special women's cut, so it will fit both sexes.
Constructed with a lightweight proprietary Fresco Coolmax polyester fabric that wicks away perspiration.

very funny thread:D I just started wearing shorts and I get the harrasment right at the homefront. Wife says "Men look funny in cycling shorts..(giggle)" I guess I'll be ready for the comments when out on the road!! (none yet) Yes I'm 15lbs overweight so I guess the comments will be cruel - I don't give a d**n, after riding for three months I feel so much better and these things (shorts) make it much more comfortable to keep on going, just like you guys said they would.

very funny thread:D I just started wearing shorts and I get the harrasment right at the homefront. Wife says "Men look funny in cycling shorts..(giggle)" I guess I'll be ready for the comments when out on the road!! (none yet) Yes I'm 15lbs overweight so I guess the comments will be cruel - I don't give a d**n, after riding for three months I feel so much better and these things (shorts) make it much more comfortable to keep on going, just like you guys said they would.

I've had a few adventures on the bike - mainly people yelling AAAARRRGHHH as they drive past me.

People swearing, the usual.

Also had girls at the lights checking me out, girls and women commenting on my "hot ass" (this was at a time i had just gotten back into exercise so it came just at the right time :) )

I also beat a lot of people through traffic. Best i had was riding from uni - and a girl i knew passed me - i continually passed her most of the way home then she'd pass me - needless to say she was impressed!:cool: esp when i travelled the 25k in the same time she drove it ?I saved $$$ on petrol - and didn't have to pay for a gym membership.

It really surprises me when bogans yell abuse out of their cars, u end up taking the same or less time to get home don't spend a cent, save the environment and don't need a gym membership. gotta love that :) The guy at my local bike shop can't understand the people who live 25km from the city, drive home, drive to the gym work out, drive home again.:eek:

why not commute by bike - then do some muscle training :) much easier

Also i'm a performance car driver I always make sure i give way to cyclists and motorcyclists - always leave room - I think a lot of the drivers on the road should be forced to at least ride a motorbike let alone a pushy- might change their conduct a little.

On my pushy i also make sure I'm curtious to other drivers. The other day I got out of the way so a semi could go around the corner (was a forward and turning lane) - waved him through - you should have seen the expression on his face - he couldn't believe a cyclist would be so curtious :p

Haydon

I've had a few adventures on the bike - mainly people yelling AAAARRRGHHH as they drive past me.

Also had girls at the lights checking me out, girls and women commenting on my "hot ass" (this was at a time i had just gotten back into exercise so it came just at the right time :) )

I also beat a lot of people through traffic. Best i had was riding from uni - and a girl i knew passed me - i continually passed her most of the way home then she'd pass me - needless to say she was impressed!:cool: esp when i travelled the 25k in the same time she drove it ?I saved $$$ on petrol - and didn't have to pay for a gym membership.

It really surprises me when bogans yell abuse out of their cars, u end up taking the same or less time to get home don't spend a cent, save the environment and don't need a gym membership. gotta love that :) The guy at my local bike shop can't understand the people who live 25km from the city, drive home, drive to the gym work out, drive home again.:eek:

Also i'm a performance car driver I always make sure i give way to cyclists and motorcyclists - always leave room - I think a lot of the drivers on the road should be forced to at least ride a motorbike let alone a pushy- might change their conduct a little.

On my pushy i also make sure I'm curtious to other drivers. The other day I got out of the way so a semi could go around the corner (was a forward and turning lane) - waved him through - you should have seen the expression on his face - he couldn't believe a cyclist would be so curtious :p

Haydon

asterope said:

See you dont mess with Aussie chicks :)
Lets face it there are some morons around I have had more hassle in the four wheel drive when I drive down the pavment or use crossings in it :)
James
South Australia

asterope said:

See you dont mess with Aussie chicks :)
Lets face it there are some morons around I have had more hassle in the four wheel drive when I drive down the pavment or use crossings in it :)
James
South Australia

asterope said:

Sounds like they don't get any *****.

asterope said:

Sounds like they don't get any *****.

Burble said:

Haydon
Some of us make lyca look good !!!!!

What about cycling 25k to the Gym and then going to the gym. If you haven't met a nice lady riding home, you can bump into some female body builders down at the gym.

Burble said:

Haydon

What about cycling 25k to the Gym and then going to the gym. If you haven't met a nice lady riding home, you can bump into some female body builders down at the gym.

mikesbytes said:

Yeh I like that :) I'm not rich enough to have a gym membership that isn't at uni yet ... one day!

one day I'll be doing that - or riding to the pool! :) yay

mikesbytes said:

Yeh I like that :) I'm not rich enough to have a gym membership that isn't at uni yet ... one day!

one day I'll be doing that - or riding to the pool! :) yay

I think I will buy some real cycling clothing and get it over with. I've rode for a long time in regular clothing and still have gotten people yelling. (Thank you everyone)