Has anyone heard about this Nox2?

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by bleachtblond, Oct 28, 2003.

1. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

If you have tried it, tell me what you think. I am curious about it. I manage a fitness center and a lady there uses it. She looks great! Any comments?

Tags:

2. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

what is it?

3. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

It is a sports supplement...arginine is one of the main ingredients. It keeps you in a state of permanent."pump"

4. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

sounds like a big load of crap to me

most of those supplements are a big waste of money, arginine is a free form amino acid and AKG and KIC are just metabolites and precursors from memory

its unlikely to have the dramatic effect they claim

like most supplements.......

5. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

I am a person who takes supplements...I knowsome work. There is a lady at the gym. She looks great. She swears by the stuff. She is the only person I know that is taking it. Do you know anyone who is taking it?

6. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

I used to take supplements when i was going to the gym heaps and there are a select few that work fairly well for example creatine, whey proten, ECA, HMB, Glutamine

(yes endurance freaks i realise that they don't do that much for endurance athletes but i'm talking weightlifters here)

But in general most of these super supplements are hyped on the basis that they got a 1% increase in muscle mass in a study or some scientist said they "might" help

massive oversupply of essential amino acids tends to make the body find a good way to get rid of them usually by breaking them down and excreting them.

I doubt supplementing with Arginine and AKG would be worth the cost involved

but thats just my opinion as a chemist and a personal trainer....

7. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

I take creatine, whey and glutamine. I believe they work. There is a forum on here about no2. I have been reading it. It appears some have used it with excellent results. The same type I see in this lady...a permanent pump. I appreciate your letting me know. I need your opinion. I am considering trying it. Because I manage the gym, I get supplements cheap. What do you think> Worth a try?

8. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

I found another forum here about no2...not nox2 but no2. It appears some have found excellent results. Think it's worht a try? I get supplements at cost...

9. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

Why does this lady seem to have this permanent pump? She didn't have it before the nox2 and shes done nothing different...
    Any ideas?

10. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

the theory on these supplements is that they are blood vessel dialators and that by taking them you will end up super pumped all day with blood flowing to every cell in the body

sounds good but its got a couple of problems

1. The rest of your body would have to work harder all day to keep up, that means faster breathing, higher heart rate, increased kidney function etc

2. the body gets used to this sort of state and its got feedback mechanisms in place to maintain the status quo

anything is worth a try but i can't see any good conclusive research on AKG KIC or huge doses of arginine.

i guess it depends on what you are after and how much you are willing to pay to get very small increases

11. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

for 35.00 I can 180 of these. I sure hate to waste any money if it won't work. Can these "side effects" be damaging to ones system? I do take stackers sometimes too...]

12. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

of course another question worth asking is

"what is the value of continually looking pumped up"

as far as i can remember they never proved the pump was helpful in gaining mass, it was more a side effect of weight training.

i'm one of the function over form types i guess so i never recommend taking anything just to look like condom full of walnuts. If the supplement had boosted her strength by 5-10% then perhaps i'd be interested

13. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

ROFLMAO You are funny. She doesn't look like a walnut silly goose! She looks great...muscular and vascular. hehehehe still roflmao:)

14. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

I try but i've been told not to give up my day job :D

15. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

Do you have aol? I am sending you a private message too...

16. nicodemis

nicodemis New Member

Be really careful with NO2 it says on the bottle if you get cold sores (which most of us do) you are extremely suceptible to getting them (in a big way) with huge supplementation of arginine.. Arginine to cold sores is like putting gas on a fire. You can induce Shingles Zosters with hyper doses of arginine.. That is you get big bumps on your scalp which break open and other assorted nastiness. No2 does work from what I've seen from friends taking it.. and I took it for a month (I'm a triathlete), put on some really great weight and made some good strength gains in the gym.. but I started to notice bumps on my scalp and stopped. Lots of others I've known who took it noticed the same. Be extremely careful. There is no one fix.. During the off season, I stay low on breads and heavy carbs unless I'm getting ready for something-- lots of lean meats, fishes, salads, etc.. race season, I eat lots of whole pastas, red sauces, etc. I've supplemented creatine-- N02 is much more effective, although I do believe it comes at a cost.. it will help you in the gym but I believe hurt your cycling, as you get increased heart rate, etc... also if you take it, do so before 3:00pm.. otherwise you'll stay awake.. I had a hard time sleeping while on it.. something a lot others did as well. As for the perpetual pump, yep, you get it, but I do think you decrease in aerobic performance and your heart rate increases. Good for weight lifters, bad for cyclists.
    It's expensive too.. you can get the same results over a longer period of time watching diet and hitting it heavy. just not as rapidly.. we all want is better, faster..

Hope this helps.. just be careful.

Nico

17. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

Fortunately, I have never had a cold sore. Thank God, I hear they hurt! I am actually trying to get more muscular. Because I am the manger of a gym, I can get 180 tabs for 35.00. Good deal as in comparison to what others pay. How long before you saw results?]

18. bleachtblond

bleachtblond New Member

Thanks for the reply on the private message. I had questions galore to ask. Wish you had aol...

19. nicodemis

nicodemis New Member

There's a great book at GNC for like a 1.50 usually on promotion called No2. It's about 70 pages long and details results, dosage for weight, training regime AND especially DIET with N02 (you need to drink lots of water and watch your high glycemic foods-- but still eat lots of carbs). Good book. Called the six week miracle or something. Look for it.. it's a black and red cover with like a No2 molecule on the front. As for results.. It follow exactly what it said.. after a week not much, other than recovery was a whole lot better, etc.. two weeks, I started feeling fuller muscles and bigger pumps in the gym.. week three strength gains-- week six I added another set to my lifting and your recovery is almost within hours. I stopped at the 8 week mark.. put on 8 lbs of good mass, lost fat and trimmed my waist down from a 33 to a 31. I had 16 inch arms, now have almost 17 inch arms and put an inch on my chest. You really have to follow the dietary guidlines. Your well being feeling increases on the stuff. BUT I got side effects like a beotch.. Cold sore breakout mania. I never had cold sores, but my wife did and I didn't even think of it when I started to take it. Kind of ticks me off because it did work as reported.. albeit expensive.. Probably for the best.. there isn't much research on mega dosing arginine..

Nico

20. 2LAP

2LAP New Member

So far in this thread, I haven't read anything that would suggest that Nox2 would help cyclists (endurance or otherwise). Actualy some of the effects may even be detrimental to cyclists (i.e. vaso dilation - affecting termoregulation and shunting of blood).