Has anyone information about the cyfly gear?

SteffensL

Dec 13, 2017
Hello,
I think about buying a new bike. While searching for new innovations I found the cycle manufacturer Möve Bikes. The have developed the cyfly gear for bikes. I can't understand how this new gear works. Can anybody help me?

Hello,
I think about buying a new bike. While searching for new innovations I found the cycle manufacturer Möve Bikes. The have developed the cyfly gear for bikes. I can't understand how this new gear works. Can anybody help me?

It doesn't do anything except in theory. In practice it puts so much strain on your legs that you get tired, faster.

The idea is to ovalize or in this case to square off the sprockets so that during the time your legs would mostly be resting (the up-stroke) that you can place more power out. Also you can use different muscles for pushing the pedals away from you rather than just down and pulling the pedals up.

This kind of thing is used by Chris Froome but no one else that has used them has thought that they got any power gains - and that has been shown correct in time trials.