Has anyone read

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. The new cookbook out by Tyler Florence? It is called "Eat This Book." I
    just ordered his first book, "Real Kitchen", and should get it in about a
    week. The reviews I've read rate both books at a 3 star. I'm hoping "Real
    Kitchen" is a good read. If it is, I'll order "Eat This Book" next.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

    Tags:

  2. jay

    jay Guest

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:18:50 +0000, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    The reviews I've read rate both books at a 3 star. I'm hoping "Real
    > Kitchen" is a good read. If it is, I'll order "Eat This Book" next.
    >
    > Michael

    I hope the book is a good read. From what I have seen of Tyler, his
    culinary skills are marginal. Although he is good at watching a really
    good chef at work. The name of his show .. How to boil water?.. says it
    all. He should marry Rachel Ray.

  3. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    jay wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:18:50 +0000, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >
    > The reviews I've read rate both books at a 3 star. I'm hoping "Real
    >> Kitchen" is a good read. If it is, I'll order "Eat This Book" next.
    >>
    >> Michael

    > I hope the book is a good read. From what I have seen of Tyler, his
    > culinary skills are marginal. Although he is good at watching a really
    > good chef at work. The name of his show .. How to boil water?.. says it
    > all. He should marry Rachel Ray.

    Perhaps you're missing the intended audience for that show "How To Boil
    Water"?? It is a very good show for novice cooks, not necessarily aimed
    at the experienced cooks.
    And of course he's sooooo very easy on the eyes too :)
    Goomba

  4. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    >> I hope the book is a good read. From what I have seen of Tyler, his
    >> culinary skills are marginal. Although he is good at watching a really
    >> good chef at work. The name of his show .. How to boil water?.. says it
    >> all. He should marry Rachel Ray.
    >>

    > Perhaps you're missing the intended audience for that show "How To Boil
    > Water"?? It is a very good show for novice cooks, not necessarily aimed
    > at the experienced cooks.
    > And of course he's sooooo very easy on the eyes too :)
    > Goomba

    DH has the same feelings about Jack, the dumplin' of a girl who is his
    'question-er.'
    Dee Dee

  5. jay <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:p[email protected]:

    > On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:18:50 +0000, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >
    > The reviews I've read rate both books at a 3 star. I'm hoping "Real
    >> Kitchen" is a good read. If it is, I'll order "Eat This Book" next.
    >>
    >> Michael

    > I hope the book is a good read. From what I have seen of Tyler, his
    > culinary skills are marginal. Although he is good at watching a really
    > good chef at work. The name of his show .. How to boil water?.. says it
    > all. He should marry Rachel Ray.

    My opinion of him is quite different. The slop that RR turns out like
    something from Sandra Lee's kitchen. I will say; I have seen a few good
    things from RR, unlike SL. Tyler is in a different class than RR and I'll
    bet he doesn't yap the entire time he's in the sack.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  6. Goomba38 <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > jay wrote:
    >> On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:18:50 +0000, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >>
    >> The reviews I've read rate both books at a 3 star. I'm hoping "Real
    >>> Kitchen" is a good read. If it is, I'll order "Eat This Book" next.
    >>>
    >>> Michael

    >> I hope the book is a good read. From what I have seen of Tyler, his
    >> culinary skills are marginal. Although he is good at watching a really
    >> good chef at work. The name of his show .. How to boil water?.. says it
    >> all. He should marry Rachel Ray.
    >>

    > Perhaps you're missing the intended audience for that show "How To Boil
    > Water"?? It is a very good show for novice cooks, not necessarily aimed
    > at the experienced cooks.
    > And of course he's sooooo very easy on the eyes too :)
    > Goomba

    He has been doing that for for a short time. Sean Donellan (who I had a
    long term email correspondence at one time) used to do the show. Yes, the
    show is intended for novice cooks and has it's place on the network.
    Seriously, I haven't seen it called Gourmet FoodTV yet. His Food 911
    program is enjoyable. I find his style of cooking easy to understand. I
    have only seen the BW show once while he was hosting it. The blonde bimbo
    he had on with him nauseated me.

    Yes he's easy on the eyes. Next time we're both in NY harassing Margaret
    for food; we should look Tyler up and insist on something wonderful to eat
    ;)

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  7. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    > Yes he's easy on the eyes. Next time we're both in NY harassing
    > Margaret for food; we should look Tyler up and insist on something
    > wonderful to eat ;)

    My sister went to a book signing some years back when ol' TF was in
    town. She reports, "He's even dreamier in person."

    Brian

    won't shut up.

  8. "Default User" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >

    >> Yes he's easy on the eyes. Next time we're both in NY harassing
    >> Margaret for food; we should look Tyler up and insist on something
    >> wonderful to eat ;)

    > My sister went to a book signing some years back when ol' TF was in
    > town. She reports, "He's even dreamier in person."
    >

    > Brian

    Yeah well, tell your sister hands off ;)

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  9. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    > Yes he's easy on the eyes. Next time we're both in NY harassing Margaret
    > for food; we should look Tyler up and insist on something wonderful to eat
    > ;)
    >
    > Michael

    Oh gawd.. wouldn't that be fun?? :)
    Goomba

  10. Goomba38 <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >
    >> Yes he's easy on the eyes. Next time we're both in NY harassing
    >> Margaret for food; we should look Tyler up and insist on something
    >> wonderful to eat ;)
    >>
    >> Michael
    >>

    > Oh gawd.. wouldn't that be fun?? :)
    > Goomba