Has anyone ridden frm Phoenix to Las Vegas?

BottleCage

Dec 22, 2004
Hello, I have aopportunity to go to the states for a week and I was planning on flying to Phoenix to stay with friends for a couple of day then ride my bike to Las Vegas.

My question are:

Has anyone in this forum ridden this section before? How long di it take?

Is there plenty of accomodations along the way? other services?

How busy is interstate 93? Can you suggest other routes.

I am really planning on taking only 2-3 days to go 300 Miles. I will be travelling super light. (Probably only a trunk rack and camelback.)

How hilly is the ride?

Any other suggestion/hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Robert

I have not ridden that route, but I used to live in the area and I've driven a portion of Rt. 73.

First of all, you should understand that you will have about 5000? feet of climbing leaving Phoenix, up over some small mountains which will slow you down a bit. Las Vegas at about 4000 feet, Phoenix is a bit less then 1000, something else to consider for a fast tour.

Also, you will be in a very desolate area. I could be 100 miles between water stops, at least 50 miles at times.

93 is often dominated by tourist traffic, so the time of year will effect the amount of traffic. There is a fair amount of truck traffic too. I can't remember for sure, but I think there is a decent paved shoulder most of the way, at least for the portion between Kingman and Boulder City.

Sorry I can't be more help!

FishMan473 said:
I have not ridden that route, but I used to live in the area and I've driven a portion of Rt. 73.

First of all, you should understand that you will have about 5000? feet of climbing leaving Phoenix, up over some small mountains which will slow you down a bit. Las Vegas at about 4000 feet, Phoenix is a bit less then 1000, something else to consider for a fast tour.

Also, you will be in a very desolate area. I could be 100 miles between water stops, at least 50 miles at times.

93 is often dominated by tourist traffic, so the time of year will effect the amount of traffic. There is a fair amount of truck traffic too. I can't remember for sure, but I think there is a decent paved shoulder most of the way, at least for the portion between Kingman and Boulder City.

Sorry I can't be more help!

Any help is useful thanks. I figured the area would have more services with but it is good to know I need to bring probably more food and water along with me.

Thanks again