Has anyone seen this ? Has Ullrich been bodybuilding ?

Dead Star said:
he's using this race as training/warm up. He's not dumb :p

Exactly! And Limerickman said pretty much the same thing. Anyone who has followed the sport in recent years (and Ullrich in particular) knows that how JU is riding right now has little to no bearing on how he'll perform in the TdF.

meehs said:
Exactly! And Limerickman said pretty much the same thing. Anyone who has followed the sport in recent years (and Ullrich in particular) knows that how JU is riding right now has little to no bearing on how he'll perform in the TdF.

He will make a good show at the least in the Tour De Suisse as a matter of pride but I know for an absolute fact he is putting his best concentrated effort into the TDF this year.
I am trying to find out his weight this year as compared to last.

Let's wait and see........maybe another second place for ullrich at best. Salvoldelli kicked ass today......amazing. Like yates said il falcon is f...cking flying!

jhuskey said:
He will make a good show at the least in the Tour De Suisse as a matter of pride but I know for an absolute fact he is putting his best concentrated effort into the TDF this year.

Sorry Tom Danielson said it hehe:

Danielson continued. "I came back and looked at (sports director Sean) Yates and said, ‘the Falcon is f'---in' flying!'"
Virenque said:
Haha did he really say f..king?:D

jhuskey said:

Just from listening to Sean kelly on ES today (commentating on Giro stage 13), kelly says that the Tour de Suisse is the real gauge of just how well/poorly JU might going this season.

I have said it before and I will say it again - if JU is to put a serious challenge in for the TDF this year, he needs to have his entire team working for him and he needs to not have one single "bad day" during the TDF.

In 2004, he only had Guerini working for him.
The entire team has to work with him in 2005, if he is to have any chance of matching CSC/Lampre/Discovery in the TDF.

Agreed.......but I could see it allready coming in 2004....the way he was climbing was not good at the tour the suisse...he couldn't go with the best. And in June you have to allready climb with the best to do something in july. The month june is finetuning the form.....from 90 to 95%. Half way the tour they want to be 100%. So all the hype that Ullrich LOOKED good I wouldn't put much thought to that now!

meehs said:

MJtje said:
Agreed.......but I could see it allready coming in 2004....the way he was climbing was not good at the tour the suisse...he couldn't go with the best. And in June you have to allready climb with the best to do something in july. The month june is finetuning the form.....from 90 to 95%. Half way the tour they want to be 100%. So all the hype that Ullrich LOOKED good I wouldn't put much thought to that now!

You are correct re 2004 Tour de Suisse.
Ullrich, against excellent climbers like George Tosnshig (spelling ?), was struggling even though he went on to win on GC.
That's why I suggest that we wait until Switzerland to assess his form.