has anyone tried out the P.E.T trike?

Bill Wiley

Guest
I am curious about this critter. has anyone tried one out? impressions?

bill

"Bill Wiley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I am curious about this critter. has anyone tried one out? impressions?
>
> bill

Recumbent and Tandem Rider magazine did a pretty good test on this interesting trike about a month
ago. The bike path here will not allow gas power, but will allow battery power. Go figure! Otherwise
I would be very happy to do a long-time road test on the PET!!

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, Ca.

The 31cc GSX is (IMO) inadequate given the size of the tadpole and the added weight of the rider.
The Honda 31cc is a nice 4 stroker, but I'd feel more secure with something a bit closer to a 68cc.
If you look at the mount for the Honda, it would not be all that difficult to rip out the 31 and
replace it with something more powerful (better torque). Not sure I read this correctly, but I
believe Doyle is the builder for the Wicks Tri-muter tadpole.

As for not being allowed to take an ICE powered bent on a bike path. I can see the logic to such a
ban, but the people who drafted such a ban are thinking of an ICE as something like a 5 Hp
chainsaw/lawnmower engine that will destroy the path, create lots of engine noise, may cause grass
fires and have a speed/safety issue for non-ICE powered cyclists.

The GSX 31cc is sooo quiet compared to Ryobi/Mitsubishi type weed wacker motors, that the GSX 31cc
should be in a class by itself and tolerated on bike paths.
---------------------------------------
"Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Bill Wiley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I am curious about this critter. has anyone tried one out? impressions?
> >
> > bill
>
> Recumbent and Tandem Rider magazine did a pretty good test on this interesting trike about a month
> ago. The bike path here will not allow gas power, but will allow battery power. Go figure!
> Otherwise I would be very happy to do a long-time road test on the PET!!
>
> Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, Ca.

You all may only be interested in hearing from those with experience, who would not need this link.
But as a courtesy to others, I think when people ask about something, they should provide a link so
people can see what they are talking about:

http://www.doylecustombikes.com/

johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

Yes, lonks might help- www.rtrnag.com or information- Email: [email protected]

Chris J.