Has anyone tried the Bigha?

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... <snip>
>
> > Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply wrote:
> > > My opinion is that it may well be a good machine, but
> > > it is not the
best
> > > value for anybody's money.
> > >
> > > Melinda, who would never pay $890,000 for a McLaren F1
> > > and has the
same
> > > opinion of it as well.
> > >

> > I think it's always dangerous to start figuring that
> > any individual knows what is best for any other
> > individual, what they should wear, what they should
> > eat, and what they should spend their money on.
>

> Right Larry. Melinda's dangerous figuring should'nt be
> allowed around
here.

> skip (Who is thinking about getting a McLaren to speed up
> his commute)

Damn I was just going to taunt you for purchasing an
overpriced car :)

"Lorenzo L. Love" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark Leuck wrote:
> > "Lorenzo L. Love" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > thlink.net...
> >
> >>Because if you didn't give a fair and impartial review,
> >>you wouldn't be working for Consumer Reports for long.
> >>Consumer Reports, because they buy the product and are
> >>not dependent on the manufacturers for free products,
> >>can insist on fair reviews. Who does that for
> >>recumbents?
> >

> > So what you are saying is anything a reviewer who
> > receives free bikes is meaningless?
> >

> Not completely meaningless but you have to take into
> account that they can not be too critical or make a no buy
> recommendation.

Sure they can, first off its nearly impossible to find a BAD
recumbent so they'd never say "don't buy this bike" anyway.
Bicycles aren't that complex of a device and any critical
remarks will always be based on the same things such as
comfort, tires and mechanical things like shifters or
brakes, I've yet to see a review where they weren't critical
of any of these

Can you name one reviewer that isn't too critical and won't
make a no buy recommendation?

"Lorenzo L. Love" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> For someone into racing, the four pounds difference
> between a Tour Easy and a Gold Rush may be worth $1000.

Far too much to pay for 4 pounts less weight using the logic
in your previous posts

> As has been pointed out to you several times, there is a
> inverse ratio between weight and cost. But most people
> don't buy it for that reason. It's a status symbol. I once
> had a guy stop me on the street while I was on my Tour
> Easy and said something to the effect "I see you have a
> Tour Easy, well _I_ have a Gold Rush!". Not that he ever
> actually rode it much.

How do you know he didn't ride it much? I doubt the status
symbol part, If I had to guess they'd buy the bike to have
something different which is the same reason I bought mine

> He was in a SUV at the time.

I was at White Rock lake in Dallas today, plenty of SUV's
driven by people who ride bikes quiet a bit

> I suspect that many of the people who actually buy a Bigha
> will do so for the same reason, it simply costs more then
> the guy next door's bike, therefore it has more status.
> Just like that expensive watch.

Maybe they just liked the bike or the watch? If they really
wanted to outdo the guy next door they wouldn't buy a BigHa,
instead they'd pay twice that for a carbon fiber Trek or
Cannondale. $3000 is chump change at my area bike store

> If you need to buy status, a Bigha may be a good choice
> for you. Just leave the price tag on and stay away from
> bent riders who know
better.

> Lorenzo L. Love http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove
>
> Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

Your tagline says it all

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> brief ride on a Vision. It took all of about 15 minutes to
> realize that the "facts" were wrong, that swb were not
> "twitchy". At least, not this one. So, maybe others
> weren't either. Shortly after that ride, I bought an
> Haluzak Horizon, followed by a string of several other swb
> recumbents. And guess what? They weren't twitchy at all.

Odd because while I didn't find my Vision to be twitchy I
did find the Haluzak was :)

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>brief ride on a Vision. It took all of about 15 minutes to
>>realize that the "facts" were wrong, that swb were not
>>"twitchy". At least, not this one. So, maybe others
>>weren't either. Shortly after that ride, I bought an
>>Haluzak Horizon, followed by a string of several other swb
>>recumbents. And guess what? They weren't twitchy at all.
>

> Odd because while I didn't find my Vision to be twitchy I
> did find the Haluzak was :)

It's odd how some people have trouble with one bike, but
a fairly similar one seems to be OK. I've known people
who could handle swb but flopped all over on a lwb, and
vice-versa. Which really does emphasize the point that
people really need to check out bikes themselves, when at
all possible.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY
http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:
> Larry Varney wrote:
>
>> Lorenzo L. Love wrote: <snip>
>>

>>> I know a slow heavy comfort is not a good value for me
>>> at $3000. Nor is it for Ed Dolan. So is the Bigha a good
>>> value for YOU? If no, then we all agree! You're up to
>>> about 30 posts now defending this bike. What's the
>>> attraction?
>>>
>>> Lorenzo L. Love http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove
>>>
>>> Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand
>>>

>> I give up. You are either deliberately obtuse, or one
>> of the stupidest people I have ever seen posting. I
>> have said nothing good about this bike, and yet you
>> claim that I'm defending it. Have I said good things
>> about the bike? No. Have I disputed any claims that you
>> have made about the bike? No. Of course, there's little
>> point in disputing the claims of someone who has never
>> seen, much less ridden it. Have I bought a BiGHA? No.
>> And yet you claim that I'm "defending" the bike. On
>> what grounds? That I keep telling you, over and over
>> and over again, that there are many criteria involved
>> in the evaluation and purchase of EVERYTHING, not just
>> this one bike? That is a defense of the bike? How?
>> Love, if I were defending the bike, I would talk about
>> how smooth it rode, how fast it was, how the weight
>> didn't matter, how the price is justfified for one or
>> multiple reasons, and so on. Have I done that? No. Have
>> I done anything even remotely like that? No. Of course,
>> it's not necessary for me to have actually written
>> anything like that, is it? Both you and Dolan love your
>> little game, your little childish antics of making
>> obviously baseless accusations, based not on what was
>> actually written, but on what Dolan calls "intentions".
>> It would be funny, except that I suspect there might be
>> some medical condition behind it all. So which is it,
>> Love? Deliberate? A medical condition? Or are you
>> honestly stupid?
>>

> You are just incapable of answering a simple question,
> aren't you? Is the Bigha a good value for YOU?
>
> If you are not defending the Bigha in the last thirty odd
> posts, just what are you doing? Is this some sick personal
> attack? Why does it matter so much to you that many people
> think the Bigha is grossly overpriced?
>
> Lorenzo L. Love

If I am not defending the BiGHA - Love, are you really
that dense? Have you not honestly been able to see that
I've been explaining, again and again, the idea of
numerous criteria for all purchases, and how they are
viewed in different ways by different people? How many
times does that need to be explained to you? How can you
possibly see this as a defense of ANYTHING, much less one
particular bike? And I don't care at all what you think
of any bike, much less one you've never seen nor ridden.
Why should I? Could your opinions have any credence at
all, based as they are on NOTHING? And as for whether or
not the BiGHA is a good value for me personally, I have
to say that, unlike certain really stupid people, I need
some actual experiences with the bike before I'm ready to
pass judgement on it. If I were to actually ride the
thing for a while, I would be able to say whether or not
I thought it was worth the money being asked for it.
Here's something for you to think about, Love. Think
about the statements I've made about the BiGHA
specifically, the ones where I used its name in a
sentence, for example. Write them down, and circle the
words that describe the bike in favorable terms. Those
would be called compliments. Then find the ones where I
am referring to the bike in specific words, and am
refuting the opinions of those who are attacking
it. That would be defending it. Circle those words. And then
come back and tell us just what I said that was a
compliment about the bike, along with the sentences that
specifically defended it. OK? This will be a good
exercise for you, comparing reality with what you've
been claiming.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY
http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

> "Hashim El Amin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

<snip>
. However, it is clear to me that Bigha is

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I think the jury is still out if BigHa has made a profit
> yet, the bike's
not
> been out very long and we don't know specific sales
> figures

It there is any truth at all to the claim that they spent
1/2 million dollars to develop a mesh seat that's sure to
give you recumbent butt, then I have to wonder about the
wisdom of the decision makers at BiGHA. Seems to me that
pissing away a half million on the seat would tend to have a
negative effect on BiGHA's ability to turn an early profit.
I have no idea how much profit is built into each BiGHA
sold, but I bet they'll have to sell a whole bunch of 'em to
recover the claimed seat development cost.

skip - whose glad it isn't his money

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark Leuck wrote:
> > "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >

> >>brief ride on a Vision. It took all of about 15
> >>minutes to realize that the "facts" were wrong, that
> >>swb were not "twitchy". At least, not this one. So,
> >>maybe others weren't either. Shortly after that ride,
> >>I bought an Haluzak Horizon, followed by a string of
> >>several other swb recumbents. And guess what? They
> >>weren't twitchy at all.
> >

> > Odd because while I didn't find my Vision to be twitchy
> > I did find the Haluzak was :)
> >

> It's odd how some people have trouble with one bike,
> but a fairly similar one seems to be OK. I've known
> people who could handle swb but flopped all over on a
> lwb, and vice-versa. Which really does emphasize the
> point that people really need to check out bikes
> themselves, when at all possible.

The twitchy part didn't really bother me, the seat did,
when it was reclined I could no longer put my feet flat on
the ground like I could with the Vision. Another odd note
is people at my work loved riding the Vision but can't seem
to get the hang of my Optima Baron, I had no problems at
all adjusting

Go figure :)

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
> > As stated above, I read for the overall sense of what is
> > being said. You should try it sometime yourself. As far
> > as I am concerned, you leave way
too
> > many statements just hanging unconnected to anything. So
> > I have to make
the
> > connections for you. And you never come to a conclusion
> > about anything. Consequently, many of your posts strike
> > me as being pointless. But I am
very
> > good at completing other's thoughts and coming to
> > conclusions. It is
what I
> > do best in life. If you do not want others doing it for
> > you, then do it yourself.
> >
> > Is Bigha good value or isn't it? That is the question
> > that Lorenzo and I would like you to answer.
> >

> ROTFL! You may "read for the overall sense", and yet
> you come to completely incorrect conclusions. You claim
> I am saying something that is not to be found, not in
> the slightest, in anything I've written. You connect
> what I have written with things that are only in your
> mind, and then blame ME for the result. My points are
> always clear, and I state them, over and over again, in
> the hopes that perhaps someday someone can help you
> understand. You do not need to complete my thoughts on
> this issue, Dolan, nor do you need to come to any other
> conclusions than this: there are many criteria involved
> in buying things, including bikes. Some criteria are
> weighted more, some less, depending solely on the
> individual. Do you understand, Dolan? Do I need to use
> different words? Perhaps put it all in some sort of
> outline?

But you do not know how to weigh anything. You think perhaps
that the quality of the components is the equal of the
overall weight of the bike or of the price. That is why I
regard you as an idiot. Also, criteria never depend solely
on the individual. There are always universal criteria and
if the individual does not recognize those universal
criteria, well then the individual is an idiot - which you
prove every time you post.

> Maybe if you thought about what I've said, and tried to
> see if you agreed with me or not, that might help. So
> let's hear it: do you agree, or disagree, that there
> are many criteria involved in buying things, and that
> different people weigh those criteria differently? Yes
> or no, Dolan. Or do you need me to make it even
> simpler?

I disagree with what you have said above. You have made it
way too subjective. There are always objective criteria
which have nothing to do with what any individuals might
think because individuals can think wrongly due to ignorance
or just plain lack of knowledge. I believe that is what
Lorenzo is saying is that Bigha will not market to recumbent
shops and to sophisticated recumbent buyers. Instead they
are catering to ignoramuses - and you are supporting this
fiasco by defending Bigha the way you do. But you are not
fooling me or anyone else here who knows anything about
recumbents. We know that a recumbent is mainly a frame and
wheels and that weight and price are important and
everything else is Mickey Mouse no matter what some
"individuals" might think is important.

> As for what you and Love want - which, apparently, is
> for me to decide for you the value of the BiGHA bike -
> why ask me? Am I the sole arbiter of worth? Do you
> trust, or need, me to decide whether or not a
> particular bike is a good value? If I say yes, will you
> go out and buy one? If I say no, will you not buy one?

But are you not a reviewer for Bike Rider Online? It is your
duty to advise the less knowledgeable if a bike is a good
buy or not. If you do not doing this very elementary thing,
then you are failing in your duty as a reviewer. If I were
Ball, I would fire you for dereliction of duty.

> You and Love should be able to figure it all by now,
> Dolan. It's not a difficult conclusion to come to. But,
> just in case you really do need for me to tell you what
> to think and what to conclude, here it is: The value of
> anything, including the BiGHA, is determined by each
> individual. Each individual should be able to come to a
> decision as to whether or not it's worth the asking
> price. This goes for bikes, trikes, horses, cars,
> hamburgers, you name it.

No, we have fundamental disagreement here. There are always
universal criteria for determining the value for price for
any product. I spent many hours as a youth reading
Consumer's Reports and Consumer's Digest reviews of various
products. It is not up to the individual to decide these
things. It is up to honest reviewers who are expert to give
the rest of us a clue as to what is good value and what is
not good value.What does the average consumer know about
anything when you get right down to it?

> Now, if you truly do need me or anyone else to tell you
> which is a
>good value in any or all of these items, then you really do
> have my pity.

I would like you to tell me what is good value because you
have had an opportunity to test ride various recumbents
which I can never do. I rely on a reviewer for information
of all kinds. This is why I have been reading RCN all these
many years and why I don't bother with Bike Rider Online
which I understand you are affiliated with. Why should I
read your reviews if you are not going tell me what is a
good buy and what is not a good buy.

If you have test ridden the Bigha, now is the time to tell
us if it is a good buy or not. Once you have told us that,
we will know what to think of you as a reviewer.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

skip wrote:

> It there is any truth at all to the claim that they spent
> 1/2 million dollars to develop a mesh seat that's sure to
> give you recumbent butt, then I have to wonder about the
> wisdom of the decision makers at BiGHA. Seems to

(chuckle) Maybe they were just hypersensitized to the
huddled masses who claimed that the BikeE seats were
horrible and were bound and determined not to repeat that
mistake -- but went overboard.

--
Where no oxen are, the crib is clean, But much benefit is
derived from the labor of the ox.

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
> > You are unable to calibrate which issues are important
> > and which are peripheral. Weight and price are central
> > to the issue of value. Those
other
> > issues you think are also important are not important.
> > You are unable to make relevant discriminations.
> > Therefore, you should not be a bicycle reviewer. You
> > will lead lesser minds than mine astray with your
> > analysis
of
> > a bike's value because you are unable to advise a
> > prospective purchaser
of
> > what is important when it comes to getting a bike. Think
> > weight and
price
> > and you will never be too far from wrong. It is not JUST
> > pounds per
dollar,
> > but it is MOSTLY pounds per dollar. Thus spake
> > Zarathustra!
> >

> Nonsense. Weight and price are important, certainly.
> But to say that the other criteria are not important
> is, well, stupid and arrogant. Now, if you were to say
> that they weren't important *to you*, that's fine. But
> just to make that claim, for everyone, is stupid and
> arrogant. Who the hell are *you* to decide for everyone
> that the other things that lead them to choose between
> one item and another are not important?

I am a universalist and I do not ever think for a moment
that I am in any way unique. If it applies to me, then it
applies to everyone else in the known universe.

>I do not tell people what a bike's "value" is; I leave that
> to the
>arrogant and stupid. I tell them what *I* think of a bike,
> I talk about
>various aspects of it, how it rode, what sort of components
> it had, and
> yes, how much it weighed and how much it cost. I decide
> *for myself* if
> something is a good value. And, if I decide that it is,
> chances are good
> that I'll buy it. If not, I don't. Simple enough for most
> to understand.

You are failing in your duty as a reviewer for a recumbent
publication if you do not tell folks if you think a bike is
a good value or not, not just for you but for them. It
takes a bit of courage to be able to do this, but that is
what you are being paid for. You should think about
resigning your position at Bike Rider Online if you feel
you can't make any kind of statements about whether or not
a bike is good value.

> The value is up to the individual. Or do you disagree?
> That's a simple question, Dolan. Do you agree that the
> value is up to the individual or not?

Yes I do disagree! The value is not up to the individual.
What do individuals (the average slob consumer) know about
anything anyway except what reviewers tell them. Unless you
have spent 10 years reading RCN you will not know anything
worth knowing about recumbents. That is why reviewers like
you have important responsibilities to inform consumers not
only with factual information (which most reviewers are
pretty good at) but to advise them on what is good value.
Mr. Bryant of RCN has always performed this elementary duty
admirably.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Larry Varney wrote:

> I think it's always dangerous to start figuring that any
> individual knows what is best for any other individual,
> what they should wear, what they should eat, and what
> they should spend their money on. You have judged this
> particular bike not to be worth the money (a good value)
> - for you. But how can you be so sure that it's not a
> good value for someone else? You know the criteria that
> you're using to determine the "best value", but is it
> the same as someone else's?

That's not what I am saying. I am saying that if you spend
$3K on that bike, a lot of what you are buying according to
the old marketing ditty, is "sizzle" and not "steak." Paying
a large price for "sizzle" makes something not a good value.
That doesn't mean that some people won't prefer it.

--

Mark Leuck wrote:

> for a carbon fiber Trek or Cannondale. $3000 is chump
> change at my area bike store

Wow, if $3000 is chump change at your area bike store, I
want to come and catch what people don't bother to pick up
that falls out of their pockets.

--

news:f0tyc.19797$0y.5298@attbi_s03... [...]
> Maybe they just liked the bike or the watch? If they
> really wanted to
outdo
> the guy next door they wouldn't buy a BigHa, instead
> they'd pay twice that for a carbon fiber Trek or
> Cannondale. $3000 is chump change at my area
bike
> store

I wonder what it might be like to live in a world where
$3000. is chump change! Surely someone is exaggerating
here slightly?

When I was buying my first upright bicycle several decades
ago, I spent months debating between a Peugeot and a Gitane
because of a $10. price difference.. I examined the bikes
from all angles to find wherein that $10. price difference
resided. The Gitane was the cheaper and so I ended up buying
it, but I never knew for sure if I shouldn't have spent the
extra $10 and gotten the Peugeot. Such was life back in the
balmy 1970's.

I have never paid more than a few bucks for a wrist watch
either. But that is because I knew I was buying a time piece
and not jewelry.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

skip wrote:
>>"Hashim El Amin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
> <snip>
> . However, it is clear to me that Bigha is
>
>>>being run by a wise business man who knows how to turn a
>>>profit. Since businesses are designed to make a profit
>>>and profitless businesses eventually shut down (like
>>>BikeE did), this would lead me to conclude Bigha will be
>>>around for a while.
>>
> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>I think the jury is still out if BigHa has made a profit
>>yet, the bike's
>
> not
>
>>been out very long and we don't know specific sales
>>figures
>>

> It there is any truth at all to the claim that they spent
> 1/2 million dollars to develop a mesh seat that's sure to
> give you recumbent butt, then I have to wonder about the
> wisdom of the decision makers at BiGHA. Seems to me that
> pissing away a half million on the seat would tend to have
> a negative effect on BiGHA's ability to turn an early
> profit. I have no idea how much profit is built into each
> BiGHA sold, but I bet they'll have to sell a whole bunch
> of 'em to recover the claimed seat development cost.
>
> skip - whose glad it isn't his money

Sound a bit of accounting trickery. Use one hand to pay the
other and write it off as a business expense. I wonder if
any of them worked for Enron?

Lorenzo L. Love http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"There was a time when a fool and his money were soon
parted, but now it happens to everybody." Adlai E. Stevenson

Mark Leuck wrote:

> "Lorenzo L. Love" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
> earthlink.net...
>
>>Mark Leuck wrote:
>>
>>>"Lorenzo L. Love" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>message news:[email protected]
>>>thlink.net...

>>>So what you are saying is anything a reviewer who
>>>receives free bikes is meaningless?
>>>

>>Not completely meaningless but you have to take into
>>account that they can not be too critical or make a no buy
>>recommendation.
>

> Sure they can, first off its nearly impossible to find a
> BAD recumbent so they'd never say "don't buy this bike"
> anyway. Bicycles aren't that complex of a device and any
> critical remarks will always be based on the same things
> such as comfort, tires and mechanical things like shifters
> or brakes, I've yet to see a review where they weren't
> critical of any of these
>
> Can you name one reviewer that isn't too critical and
> won't make a no buy recommendation?

Slow heavy comfort bikes aren't that complex of a device
that you need to pay $3000 for one. Can you name one
reviewer who pays full retail for all reviewed bikes?

You's almost as adamantly defensive of the Bigha as Varney
is. What's the Bigha to you?

Larry Varney wrote:
> [...]
> bike before I'm ready to pass judgement on
> it. If I were to actually ride the thing for a while, I
> would be able to say whether or not I thought it was
> worth the money being asked for it. Here's something
> for you to think about, Love. Think about the
> statements I've made about the BiGHA specifically, the
> ones where I used its name in a sentence, for example.
> Write them down, and circle the words that describe
> the bike in favorable terms. Those would be called
> compliments. Then find the ones where I am referring
> to the bike in specific words, and am refuting the
> opinions of those who are attacking
> it. That would be defending it. Circle those words. And
> then come back and tell us just what I said that was a
> compliment about the bike, along with the sentences
> that specifically defended it. OK? This will be a good
> exercise for you, comparing reality with what you've

I'll try again: Is the Bigha a good value for YOU? If you
don't know, why are you so worried about people who do
have opinions?

Edward Dolan wrote:

> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:f0tyc.19797$0y.5298@attbi_s03... [...]
>
>>Maybe they just liked the bike or the watch? If they
>>really wanted to
>
> outdo
>
>>the guy next door they wouldn't buy a BigHa, instead
>>they'd pay twice that for a carbon fiber Trek or
>>Cannondale. $3000 is chump change at my area
>
> bike
>
>>store
>

> I wonder what it might be like to live in a world where
> $3000. is chump change! Surely someone is exaggerating
> here slightly?
>
> When I was buying my first upright bicycle several decades
> ago, I spent months debating between a Peugeot and a
> Gitane because of a $10. price difference.. I examined the
> bikes from all angles to find wherein that $10. price
> difference resided. The Gitane was the cheaper and so I
> ended up buying it, but I never knew for sure if I
> shouldn't have spent the extra $10 and gotten the Peugeot.
> Such was life back in the balmy 1970's.
>
> I have never paid more than a few bucks for a wrist watch
> either. But that is because I knew I was buying a time
> piece and not jewelry.

There you have the real reason many of these people can't
understand that the Bigha is so overpriced. $3000 just isn't
much money to them so other criteria are more important.
Like what color it is. The perfect Bigha customer.

Lorenzo L. Love http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"The poor are like foxes: they need intelligence in order to
survive. The rich, however, have power; they don't need good
sense." Sheri S. Tepper, Singer from the Sea

"Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> skip wrote:
>
> > It there is any truth at all to the claim that they
> > spent 1/2 million dollars to develop a mesh seat that's
> > sure to give you recumbent butt,
then
> > I have to wonder about the wisdom of the decision makers
> > at BiGHA.
Seems to

> (chuckle) Maybe they were just hypersensitized to the
> huddled masses who claimed that the BikeE seats were
> horrible and were bound and determined not to repeat that
> mistake -- but went overboard.

Melinda, I too always found the BikeE seat to be just
horrible. I could only stand those seats for about a half
hour and then recumbent butt would set
in. I have no patience at all for a recumbent that can't get
the seat right. Surely, recumbents are all about comfort
and not about much else. If I were designing a
recumbent, I would start with the seat and then design
the recumbent around it. Instead, it is as if the seat
is often the last thing that a recumbent designer gets
to. It is mostly an afterthought. Good grief! What can
they be thinking?

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota