Has anyone tried Total Immersion?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Try Tri Tom, May 1, 2003.

  1. Try Tri Tom

    Try Tri Tom Guest

    Have you tried Total Immersion and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

    Thanks

    Try Tri Tom

    Tags:

  2. Total rubbish. Save your money.

    "Try Tri Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Have you tried Total Immersion and if so, what are your thoughts on it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Try Tri Tom

  3. Maurice

    Maurice Guest

  4. Broooz

    Broooz Guest

    "Try Tri Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Have you tried Total Immersion and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

    Yes it is an excellent technique for improving gliding through the water. Swimming is the discipline
    where technique matters much more than the others. The book is easy to follow with plenty of useful
    exercises although they are a bit boring.

  5. Mike Lana

    Mike Lana Guest

    > Have you tried Total Immersion and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

    Probably about 90% of us have looked at total Immersion stuff. It is probably some of the best
    swimming info out there. It has helped me drop a good chunk of time and swimming is a strength.
    Good Luck Mike

  6. John Hardt

    John Hardt Guest

    On 5/1/03 7:20 AM, "Try Tri Tom" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Have you tried Total Immersion and if so, what are your thoughts on it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Try Tri Tom

    I went to a workshop in February. In general, it's a godsend if you're a bad swimmer, useful if
    you're average, and useless if you're already a good swimmer.

    If you buy into it completely, be prepared to re-learn how to swim. Their training emphasizes
    relentless repetition of drills that are designed to teach your muscle memory how to perform each
    fraction of a stroke perfectly.

    Personally, I think this is the wrong time of year to be attending their workshops (assuming
    you're a triathlete). Spring is the time when we're beginning to build our aerobic base, increase
    distances, and get in the open water if possible. The optimum time for TI training (IMHO) is in
    the fall when you can spend the winter in a lap pool unconcerned about aerobic training and
    focusing on form.

    YMMV, John

  7. John Hardt

    John Hardt Guest