Has anyone used the two sided bike seat?

bicycledick

Jul 26, 2009
I've seen the two sided bike seat and I was considering buying one. I have a problem sitting on those pointed seat for a long time. I would think the pros would benefit with those seats. Are they not allowed to use them or would those seats pose a problem?

Just to clarify, are you referring to the Adamo saddle? I have not but would be interested in anyone that has.

I could see how that might be comfortable to sit on (without moving legs) but when you pedal, and go up&down for a while, your inner thighs will start to peal off :eek:.. ( I think)

Experienced cyclists don't use such gimmick seats because riding a bike properly calls for a saddle, not a seat. It's a saddle that you straddle with your sit bones, not a sofa that you put your butt muscles on. You need those for pedaling. For shorter distances around the neighbourhood, it won't matter, because you're just not on it long enough.

or you can ride completely out of the saddle for the entirerty of your ride and not worry about it at all. just a thought.

i'm out of it quite a bit.

Wouldn't the bits that normally rest on the nose of the saddle work their way down into that gap? Seems like that might be uncomfortable if you had to jump out of the saddle suddenly (to respond to an attack or something). :eek:

AAAAAOOOUUUUU !!!!!!!! :eek: I can feel the pull !!! lol Plus like I said before, I think that your inner thighs would be burn from the leg movement

The theory goes that 1/3 of your weight should be in the saddle, 1/3 on the pedals, and 1/3 on the bars + or - :confused:

So bike fit is 2/3 more important than saddle fit. It depends on your cyclin style and posterior dynamics. If your'e out of the saddle most of the time then you don't need one... EG stunt bikin.

If your'e in the saddle most of the time then sure...get one that's good for your posterior and backbones. I like a sprung seat post under my slim racin saddle cos I'm gettin old and the bones are startin to talk. May be gettin a wider saddle soon :(.

Tune into to your posterior comfort and bones for the ridin that you do.

It might be OK for some, but I agree that the width of the nose is likely to be an issue for long distance cyclists.

A properly fitted bike - especially the relationship bewteen pedals, saddle and bars, good shorts and a saddle thought out for long distance cycling would be better.

Check out the ergonomics of the SMP4Bike range. Its one that should be included in the range of saddles any serious cyclist considers IMO

It seems dnagerous for guy parts to me..but I dunno, maybe if you are wearing cycling shorts it wouldn't matter. It does also seem that your inner thighs would rub against it. For a girl, it may be better. I can see using that on a hybrid, like my montreal express, but I would never use it on a road bike! Even though I am currently riding with a men's saddle, a saddle is what I need, 'cause I don't just cruise through neighborhoods on my road bike, thats what the cruiser is for.

Thats like putting a western saddle on your steed for some crazy english fence-jumping..you just don't do it.

frenchyge said:
Wouldn't the bits that normally rest on the nose of the saddle work their way down into that gap? Seems like that might be uncomfortable if you had to jump out of the saddle suddenly (to respond to an attack or something). :eek:
I got an Adamo Road model for just the reason you mention. The bits that normally rest on the nose were getting bruised (not a good place for bruising, trust me).

The saddle doesn't have much of a nose, so it works well for the current purpose and your stuff is generally forward of the nose. The short nose helps you get down into the drops and more aero without contact, which precipitated my problems. I tried a very soft conventional saddle and it helped my problem, but getting aero for any length of time put my junk on the nose of the saddle and would force me to sit up, shortly. I haven't had any issue with the width of the saddle bothering my thighs, but my sit bones are pretty wide. I have never had an issue with numbness, but I suspect the saddle would help that problem.

I have had a hard time getting used to the saddle, your weight is on your sit bones and moving around doesn't change that much. After 3 months, I'm still adjusting to the saddle. A traditional saddle usually only takes me a couple of weeks of adjustment. I got the Adamo Road model, I am wondering if one of the other models might be more comfortable.

Bottom line, if your are having problems with your saddle causing numbness or pain, this saddle will likely help. It is working for me and I intend to keep using it. I wouldn't recommend it if you are not having the above problems and then I would consider it a last resort.