Has anyone visit this year's International Cycle Show at Islington, London?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Andrew Johnson, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C38470.AFCD5960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Has anyone visit this year's International Cycle Show at Islington, = London?

I've just returned from the show, very tired from all the walking from = one exhibit to another, but
    I thought the show was good but I was = slightly disappointed in the lack of bargains to be found!

What do you think?

Andy

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C38470.AFCD5960 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
    <DIV>
    <DIW><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Has anyone visit this year's = International Cycle Show=20 at
    Islington, London?</FONT></P>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've just returned from the show, very = tired from all=20 the
    walking from one exhibit to another, but I thought the show was good = but I=20 was slightly
    disappointed in the lack of bargains to be = found!</FONT></P>
    <DIY><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What do you think?</FONT></P>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </P>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Andy</FONT></P>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C38470.AFCD5960--

Tags:

2. Ouch

Ouch Guest

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:56:41 +0100, "Andrew Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Has anyone visit this year's International Cycle Show at Islington, London?
    >
    >I've just returned from the show, very tired from all the walking from one exhibit to another, but
    >I thought the show was good but I was slightly disappointed in the lack of bargains to be found!
    >
    >What do you think?
    >
    >
    >
    >Andy
    >

I went yesterday. Arrived at 7 but too little time to see everything properly. I was also hoping for
    nice "show only" discounts but nothing was for sale! Good fun though. Lots of unusual bikes and more
    gadgets than you could shake a stick at.

I was with a friend who has the "gift of the gab" and he managed to get some nice freebies. One of
    those LED stick prorotypes and an Eddy Mercx video set.

Everyone was very nice and helpful though - just wish I had "the gift".

3. Msa

Msa Guest

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C38476.6BAEA1C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

"Andrew Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... Has anyone visit this year's International Cycle Show at
    Islington, = London?

I've just returned from the show, very tired from all the walking from = one exhibit to
    another, but I thought the show was good but I was = slightly disappointed in the lack of
    bargains to be found!

What do you think?

Andy

Dunno, I'm going tomorrow. I though it was a 'no buy show anyway, = same as last year. Although,
    thinking about it there were a few bits of = stuff you could buy.

--=20 Mark (MSA)

Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C38476.6BAEA1C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
    PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV>"Andrew Johnson" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>
    wrote = in message=20 <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]=
    supernews.com</A>...</DIV>
    <DIW>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Has anyone visit this year's = International Cycle=20 Show at
    <DIY><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've just returned from the show, very = tired from=20 all the
    walking from one exhibit to another, but I thought the show = was good=20 but I was slightly
    disappointed in the lack of bargains to be=20 found!</FONT></P>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What do you think?</FONT></P>
    <DIZ><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </P>
    <DIZ><FONT size=3D2>Dunno, I'm going tomorrow. I though it was a = 'no buy=20 show anyway,
    same as last year. Although, thinking about it = there were a=20 few bits of stuff you
    could buy.</FONT></P>
    <DIZ><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </P><FONT size=3D2>
    <DIZ><BR>-- <BR>Mark (MSA)</P>
    <DIZ>Bike shop assistant...<BR>"We couldn't repair your brakes, so we = made your=20 horn
    louder"!</FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C38476.6BAEA1C0--

4. Simon Brooke

Simon Brooke Guest

"MSA" <[email protected]> writes: [snip: html]

Please don't post HTML to Usenet. For everyone it increases download time, for many people it just
    makes your post unreadable.

--
    [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/ ;; Sending your money to
    someone just because they've erected ;; a barrier of obscurity and secrets around the tools you ;;
    need to use your data does not help the economy or spur ;; innovation. - Waffle Iron Slashdot, June
    16th, 2002

5. Sam Salt

Sam Salt Guest

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C38514.F327AE50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Visited yesterday and had a good day.I too was slightly disappointed = that there were few bargains
    to be had.it was a case of just looking and = desiring.

Sam Salt "Andrew Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... Has anyone visit this year's International Cycle Show at
    Islington, = London?

I've just returned from the show, very tired from all the walking from = one exhibit to
    another, but I thought the show was good but I was = slightly disappointed in the lack of
    bargains to be found!

What do you think?

Andy

---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 23/09/2003

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C38514.F327AE50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

6.00.2730.1700" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Visited yesterday and had a good day.I = too was=20 slightly
    disappointed that there were few bargains to be had.it was a = case of=20 just looking and
    desiring.</FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sam Salt</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
    solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV>"Andrew Johnson" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>
    wrote = in message=20 <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]=
    supernews.com</A>...</DIV>
    <DIW>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Has anyone visit this year's = International Cycle=20 Show at
    <DIY><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've just returned from the show, very = tired from=20 all the
    walking from one exhibit to another, but I thought the show = was good=20 but I was slightly
    disappointed in the lack of bargains to be=20 found!</FONT></P>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What do you think?</FONT></P>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified = Virus=20 Free.<BR>Checked
    by AVG anti-virus system (<A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: =
    6..521=20 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date:=20
    6/1/2003</FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C38514.F327AE50--

6. Msa

Msa Guest

"Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "MSA" <[email protected]> writes: [snip: html]
    >
    > Please don't post HTML to Usenet. For everyone it increases download time, for many people it just
    > makes your post unreadable.

Most of my posts aren't worth reading anyway :)

I do post text (old enough and wise enough now), strange how that came out Hyper?

--
    Mark (MSA)

Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

7. Msa

Msa Guest

> Most of my posts aren't worth reading anyway :)
    >
    > I do post text (old enough and wise enough now), strange how that came out Hyper?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Mark (MSA)
    >
    > Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!
    >
    >

Just returned after spending 6 hours there. Very impressed.

--
    Mark (MSA)

8. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guest

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:53:54 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >"Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> "MSA" <[email protected]> writes: [snip: html]
    >>
    >> Please don't post HTML to Usenet. For everyone it increases download time, for many people it
    >> just makes your post unreadable.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >Most of my posts aren't worth reading anyway :)
    >
    >I do post text (old enough and wise enough now), strange how that came out Hyper?

My guess is Outlook Express, in its wisdom, posted in the style of the post to which you were
    replying. And the OP shows up with some kind of poxy attachment here, suggesting he posted in HTML.

And now back to the cycling.

Tim
    --
    In space no one can eat ice cream

9. Msa

Msa Guest

>
    > My guess is Outlook Express, in its wisdom, posted in the style of the post to which you
    > were replying. And the OP shows up with some kind of poxy attachment here, suggesting he
    > posted in HTML.
    >
    > And now back to the cycling.
    >
    >
    > Tim
    > --
    > In space no one can eat ice cream

Aha, never saw that. Tnx for pointing it out. So, it's kinda 50% my fault now!

:)

--
    Mark (MSA)

10. "MSA" <[email protected]>typed

> > Most of my posts aren't worth reading anyway :)
    > >
    > > I do post text (old enough and wise enough now), strange how that came out Hyper?
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mark (MSA)
    > >
    > > Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!
    > >
    > >

> Just returned after spending 6 hours there. Very impressed.

Enjoyed it. Heard Josie Dew talk. Seminar facilities were poor, with no blackout or screening of
    ambient sounds, making her difficult to hear despite a PA system.

--
    Helen D. Vecht: [email protected] Edgware.

11. Daren Austin

Daren Austin Guest

Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Enjoyed it. Heard Josie Dew talk. Seminar facilities were poor,
    with no
    > blackout or screening of ambient sounds, making her difficult to hear despite a PA system.

Had a very pleasant Saturday afternoon. Not as crowded as I had expected.

Highlights:
    1) Meeting Graeme Obree and chatting. Read the first few chapters of his book on the bus home, what
    a hero - and not just for the cycling.
    2) 20" and 24" wheeled quality road bikes for kids on the Argos stand (price to be about 400-450).
    Aluminium frames and Sora STI on the 24" version.
    3) New Trek OCLV frame, still a beauty after all these years amidst all the other carbon young
    pretenders!
    4) That ICE trice Monster that weighed sub 22lbs - yes that really is a 10kg steel trike. I'll
    settle for a Micro and am now saving.
    5) Velo Vision offering reduced subscription and 1/2 price back issues (paid for the entry).
    6) Roberts Audax with carbon stays and forks.
    7) Dahon Helius XX on the folding bikes stand. 16lb folder at Ukp1000. Very nice but not sure of its
    role in life. AVC were offering carbon Brompton seatposts at ukp 99 but I declined.

The chap from the Met Police said that they were never cut up riding in the City, but declined my
    offer to purchase his reflective tabbard.

Would have liked to have seen Future Cycles there to look at the Optima range, but never mind.

I'll be back next year with a very keen seven year old.

Kind regards,

Daren

Remove outer wear before replying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.