Has ARBR Died and Gone to Hell?

Edward Dolan

Guest
I think we must seriously consider that ARBR may now have died and we are in
some kind of twilight zone. All the intelligent posters have long since gone
and even Mr. Sherman does not seem to have much to say here anymore. It may
be that he is over on that technical cycling group where they talk about
metals and other kinds of crapola.

However, we still do have a few genuine idiots with us so perhaps not all is
lost. Even idiots manage to say things from time to time that may draw in an
intelligent person who is not an idiot. But I must admit I fear for the long
term health of ARBR. You cannot depend on idiots for anything except idiocy.

The last really intelligent poster to write anything here on ARBR was
Freewheeling, but I think that was well over a year ago,. He was a college
professor and it was always a pleasure to read him even when I disagreed
with him. He combined a very nice mix of presenting a few facts and then
presenting his opinion of those facts. This is something that idiots are
never able to do. They either just present some facts or else just present
some opinions. Either way, they are a dead loss to the group.

I suggest we get a priest in here to say a requiem mass for the lot of us.
Then we should all trundle off to the cemetery and lay ourselves down in our
graves. Ah, to be at peace at long last!

ARBR - RIP!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I grow old . I grow old .
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

T.S. Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Have you any counseling available to you at work? If not you may want to
discuss with your family Doctor issues such as lack of self esteem.

Read some of your posts in here, they should be embarrassing to you.
Hiding behind a keyboard and ranting like you are is a sign of serious
underlying personal problems, usually low self esteem and feeling
the lack if any worth in your life.

You have become pathetic.

I expect your typical response to this, but think to yourself
about this sad act of yours online and you must admit to yourself
that you really may have some personal problems that you should face
up to and address.

Please take some responsibility and at least admit to yourself that you
have some kind of serious issue going on in your life.

As I stated, I fully expect your typical response to this, it is pathetic
and sad.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>>

>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Why have you not included any of my message to which you are supposedly
replying? Just too cowardly I suspect.
Anyone who thinks a signature is something worth writing about is nutty as a
fruit cake (of course, I can do this because I am possessed of an unusual
degree of perspicacity).

> Have you any counseling available to you at work? If not you may want to
> discuss with your family Doctor issues such as lack of self esteem.

My self-esteem is sky high. All I ever have to do to keep it there is to
read the idiots of Usenet, you included.

> Read some of your posts in here, they should be embarrassing to you.
> Hiding behind a keyboard and ranting like you are is a sign of serious
> underlying personal problems, usually low self esteem and feeling
> the lack if any worth in your life.

My self-esteem is sky high. All I ever have to do to keep it there is to
read the idiots of Usenet, you included.

> You have become pathetic.

Of course I have to the likes of you. For those of you who may not know what
is going on here, Fab was a one note Johnny of a troll of the most stupid
kind. All he ever did was bait the Freds of this group about how freaking
fast he was and how slow the rest of us were. As if anyone here gave a damn.
He was the most tiresome jerk ARBR had ever been afflicted with up to that
point. I hope he does not start in again on that note because there is no
one left here who will take him up on his asinine baiting.

> I expect your typical response to this, but think to yourself
> about this sad act of yours online and you must admit to yourself
> that you really may have some personal problems that you should face
> up to and address.

My self-esteem is sky high. All I ever have to do to keep it there is to
read the idiots of Usenet, you included.

> Please take some responsibility and at least admit to yourself that you
> have some kind of serious issue going on in your life.

My self-esteem is sky high. All I ever have to do to keep it there is to
read the idiots of Usenet, you included.

> As I stated, I fully expect your typical response to this, it is pathetic
> and sad.

If you know what my response is going to be, maybe you could write if for me
and save me some effort. Or better yet, why not post some substance instead
of engaging in an ad hominem attack. That is nothing but water off a duck's
back to the likes of me.

Fab at least writes a literate message even though he repeats himself too
often. It is only necessary to do that with idiots, not with Great Ones like
myself.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. What the f*** is the ca doing on your address? Don't tell me you are
just another dumb Canadian. You already have enough faults without adding
that one to the list.

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >>

> > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> > aka
> > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

> Have you any counseling available to you at work? If not you may want to
> discuss with your family Doctor issues such as lack of self esteem.
>
> Read some of your posts in here, they should be embarrassing to you.
> Hiding behind a keyboard and ranting like you are is a sign of serious
> underlying personal problems, usually low self esteem and feeling
> the lack if any worth in your life.
>
> You have become pathetic.
>
> I expect your typical response to this, but think to yourself
> about this sad act of yours online and you must admit to yourself
> that you really may have some personal problems that you should face
> up to and address.
>
> Please take some responsibility and at least admit to yourself that you
> have some kind of serious issue going on in your life.
>
> As I stated, I fully expect your typical response to this, it is pathetic
> and sad.

A serious (and correct at that) post by Fabrizio Mazzoleni!

--
Tom Sherman - (In Transition)

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >>
>> > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> > aka
>> > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

>> Have you any counseling available to you at work? If not you may want to
>> discuss with your family Doctor issues such as lack of self esteem.
>>
>> Read some of your posts in here, they should be embarrassing to you.
>> Hiding behind a keyboard and ranting like you are is a sign of serious
>> underlying personal problems, usually low self esteem and feeling
>> the lack if any worth in your life.
>>
>> You have become pathetic.
>>
>> I expect your typical response to this, but think to yourself
>> about this sad act of yours online and you must admit to yourself
>> that you really may have some personal problems that you should face
>> up to and address.
>>
>> Please take some responsibility and at least admit to yourself that you
>> have some kind of serious issue going on in your life.
>>
>> As I stated, I fully expect your typical response to this, it is pathetic
>> and sad.

> A serious (and correct at that) post by Fabrizio Mazzoleni!

Nonsense! He saying the same old thing over and over. But he has always been
like that. He is severely limited, no doubt due to all that bike racing that
he engages in. He should grow up and get a life of his own instead of being
critical of the Great Ed Dolan. That is nothing but an exercise in futility.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

[...]
>> Please take some responsibility and at least admit to yourself that you
>> have some kind of serious issue going on in your life.
>>
>> As I stated, I fully expect your typical response to this, it is pathetic
>> and sad.

> A serious (and correct at that) post by Fabrizio Mazzoleni!

Fab is no more being serious than you are. And he is no more correct than
you are either.

I guess when I will want to know about these sorts of things, the two of you
will be the last two in the world I will ever come to. Fab has been nothing
but a one note Johnny on this newsgroup like forever, the sure mark of a
juvenile. And Mr. Sherman has defended the worse piece of human scum ever to
infect this newsgroup, Ed Gin. It is not possible to get more "incorrect"
than that!

>"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman"

I am reminded of the dime novels of the late 19th century when every title
had an 'aka' or an 'or' after it. It was never enough to have just one title
when two of more were better. But you really need to settle on something
fairly soon before you drive me crazy.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> I think we must seriously consider that ARBR may now have died and we are in
> some kind of twilight zone. All the intelligent posters have long since gone
> and even Mr. Sherman does not seem to have much to say here anymore. It may
> be that he is over on that technical cycling group where they talk about
> metals and other kinds of crapola.
>
> However, we still do have a few genuine idiots with us so perhaps not all is
> lost. Even idiots manage to say things from time to time that may draw in an
> intelligent person who is not an idiot. But I must admit I fear for the long
> term health of ARBR. You cannot depend on idiots for anything except idiocy.
>
> The last really intelligent poster to write anything here on ARBR was
> Freewheeling, but I think that was well over a year ago,. He was a college
> professor and it was always a pleasure to read him even when I disagreed
> with him. He combined a very nice mix of presenting a few facts and then
> presenting his opinion of those facts. This is something that idiots are
> never able to do. They either just present some facts or else just present
> some opinions. Either way, they are a dead loss to the group.
>
> I suggest we get a priest in here to say a requiem mass for the lot of us.
> Then we should all trundle off to the cemetery and lay ourselves down in our
> graves. Ah, to be at peace at long last!
>
> ARBR - RIP!
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>
> I grow old . I grow old .
> I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
>
> T.S. Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
information? Thanks.

"Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
> information? Thanks.

"alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember.

But Joel, that is why I am so Great because I can see my way through
conundrums like this. For your information, I am also a Great Saint. So if
you ever feel that your soul needs saving, I will turn you in the right
direction. In hard cases I may even refer you to the Spanish Inquisition.
Your soul is at stake and it may be that you will have to be burned at said
stake in order to save it. After all, your miserable body is nothing, but
your immortal soul is everything. Thank God for the Spanish Inquisition!

There now! Aren't you glad you posted to ARBR despite your doubts about it.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [...]
>> ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
>> information? Thanks.

> "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
> our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
> thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
> the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember.
>
> But Joel, that is why I am so Great because I can see my way through
> conundrums like this. For your information, I am also a Great Saint. So if
> you ever feel that your soul needs saving, I will turn you in the right
> direction. In hard cases I may even refer you to the Spanish Inquisition.
> Your soul is at stake and it may be that you will have to be burned at said
> stake in order to save it. After all, your miserable body is nothing, but
> your immortal soul is everything. Thank God for the Spanish Inquisition!
>
> There now! Aren't you glad you posted to ARBR despite your doubts about it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

I will let you know in a few days. Do you know of any trike specific
news groups? The only one I found was on Bentrider.

See <http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/capitalista.htm> and
<http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ideologue.htm>.

--
Tom Sherman - (In Transition)
Post Free or Die!

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
> > information? Thanks.

> "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
> our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it out
> thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
> the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember....

Wrong Eddie,

The proper name of the referenced newsgroup is
"alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent", as a cursory observation of the message
headers will reveal.

--
Tom Sherman - (In Transition)
Post Free or Die!

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> [...]
>> > ARBR is it another news group? I can't seem to find it. Is there link
>> > information? Thanks.

>> "alternate.recreation.bicycles.recumbent" is the full and correct name of
>> our humble newsgroup. However, it is tedious in the extreme to write it
>> out
>> thus. Some few do other various abbreviations, but I think my solution is
>> the best. ARBR is easy to write and easy to remember....

> Wrong Eddie,
>
> The proper name of the referenced newsgroup is
> "alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent", as a cursory observation of the message
> headers will reveal.

Are you crazy! Have you finally gone around the bend?

alt. and rec. are not words, they are abbreviations for words. I have told
Joel everything he will ever have to know about our address. He can look at
the headers himself. What is the point in being computer literate if you are
illiterate overall.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> I will let you know in a few days. Do you know of any trike specific news
> groups? The only one I found was on Bentrider.

Sorry, I am only here for rants and raves. However, you might want to do a
Google search under HPV and see what turns up. Some dumbbells think trikes
are HPVs.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> The last really intelligent poster to write anything here on ARBR was
>> Freewheeling, but I think that was well over a year ago,. He was a
>> college
>> professor and it was always a pleasure to read him even when I disagreed
>> with him. He combined a very nice mix of presenting a few facts and then
>> presenting his opinion of those facts....

> See <http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/capitalista.htm> and
> <http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ideologue.htm>.

Freewheeling was not much of an ideologue. That honor is reserved for you
and me. I get along with other ideologues better than I do true
intellectuals. And it does not matter what the ideology is. We ideologues
have more in common with one another (no matter how opposite we are) than we
have in common with the middle of the roaders.

I have never liked the middle ground. I will usually either get so far to
the right or so far to the left that I meet my opposite at the other end of
the circle. It is sort of like the Nazis meeting the Communists in pre-war
Germany. They hated one another, but they were not really all that far
apart.

See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_bolshevism>.

--
Tom Sherman - (In Transition)
"McBain to base, under attack by Commi-Nazis." - Rainier Wolfcastle

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan aka Mr. Ed wrote:
>> I have never liked the middle ground. I will usually either get so far to
>> the right or so far to the left that I meet my opposite at the other end
>> of
>> the circle. It is sort of like the Nazis meeting the Communists in
>> pre-war
>> Germany. They hated one another, but they were not really all that far
>> apart.

> See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_bolshevism>.

Yes, all that takes me back to my college days. It is just as well that we
Americans are not as ideological as the Europeans. It has meant that we were
able to accomplish much that Europe never could.

However, what I see happening more and more in this country is an
ideological split which in the end may never be healed. The left and the
right are pulling apart far enough so that there may never again be any
common ground. That means everyone will have to choose where they want to be
in the great divide. We will become like the Europeans whether we like it or
not. I see it happening with the media already becoming highly politicized.
That was not the case until fairly recently.

The future here in America will increasingly be one of fratricide. We will
hate one another to the point of being willing to kill one another. After
all, it happened in Europe and it can happen here too. We are not nearly so
united as we imagine ourselves to be.