Has Paul Sherwin been drinking?

PiledHigher wrote:

> And to finish off.. Bring back Gary Imlach, used to do fantastic back
> story pieces.. Must get some digitised.

Yes. Imlach is very good.

Perhaps I'm naive. I find the Phil/Paul commentary makes it very interesting, in contrast with the SBS bloke who does the bit before the dynamic duo (Tomalaris' words :D ) comes on.

PiledHigher wrote:

> They were probably making similar comments to the ones that we heard
> for hours, and then we got a few in the coverage. The races take hours,
> not much happens a lot of the time and dead air isn't good, hence the
> patter.

Actually I quite enjoyed the 5-10 minutes of commentary blackout we got
during one stage last year. Listening to the buzz of chains rolling
over sprockets, ratcheting freewheels, tyres rolling over bumpy roads
and race chatter almost made me feel like I was really there.

--
BrettS

On 2006-07-06, jur (aka Bruce)
> Perhaps I'm naive. I find the Phil/Paul commentary makes it very
> interesting, in contrast with the SBS bloke who does the bit before the
> dynamic duo (Tomalaris' words :D ) comes on.

Isn't he so.... dull?

--
TimC
Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:14:06 +1000, jur
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Perhaps I'm naive. I find the Phil/Paul commentary makes it very
>interesting, in contrast with the SBS bloke who does the bit before the
>dynamic duo (Tomalaris' words :D ) comes on.

in one of the intro's, apparently no australian has worn the yellow
jersey.
um, Phil Anderson, Stuart O'Grady, Brad McGee, Robbie McEwen.
Got confused with the socceroos not getting to the 2nd round before?

On 6 Jul 2006 02:33:50 -0700, "PiledHigher" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>They were probably making similar comments to the ones that we heard
>for hours, and then we got a few in the coverage. The races take hours,

just heard, Van Summeran won the world under 3 road race - they
started young! or oops.

jur said:
Perhaps I'm naive. I find the Phil/Paul commentary makes it very interesting, in contrast with the SBS bloke who does the bit before the dynamic duo (Tomalaris' words :D ) comes on.

Over here in Engerland we have a "drug wrap up" before the nightly race replay starts!

Chris Boardman does some commentary which is kinda cool.

hippy
- 'hour record' fan

jur wrote:
> Perhaps I'm naive. I find the Phil/Paul commentary makes it very
> interesting, in contrast with the SBS bloke who does the bit before the
> dynamic duo (Tomalaris' words :D ) comes on.

Not naive at all, they do (generally) a very good job indeed. Just
sometimes, as you'd expect, they drop the ball.

No-one's perfect :)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:22:09 +1000, jur wrote:

> Last year I was partly
> in Aus and the last half of the TdF I was in South Africa, and the
> commentary deal was identical as far as I could see, with Phil/Paul
> commenting. The feed in SA was satellite.

That probably explains why we also hear about what Robbie Hunter is doing,
even when it isn't much.

dewatf.

Bleve wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that Paul Sherwin seems to be talking more bull
> than in the past?

Did you catch the little slip the other night about Lygon Street in
Adelaide (Rundle St?)? The Croweaters will never forget the insult of
you Vics pinching the F1 Grand Prix (haha, what irony - talk about ****
doused in perfume!). Very inventive of the Croweaters to get back by
pinching Lygon Street. That would only be capped by the Courier Mail's
weekend publication of an offer by Queensland Ink to buy NSW (great
spoof, if you can put your hands on it).

Donga

Bikesoiler wrote:
> warrwych Wrote:
> > cognoscenti - is that a new line of campagnolo gruppo??

> <snip>
>
> No, it's their new fragrance marketed towards cyclists. :)
>

> --
> Bikesoiler

No, it's the middle ring in the cassette.

Ian