Has Sheldon Lost It?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sheldon Brown, May 21, 2003.

  1. Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.

    My latest creation should remove all such doubts.

    http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff

    Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown +------------------------------------------------+
    | Nobody who has anything to do with bicycles | has _all_ of their marbles, and some of us | are
    | certifiable! | --Sheldon Brown |
    +------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

  2. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    > Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
    >
    > My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
    >
    > http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff

    Sweet bike! Interesting handlebars. How do you like the Rohloff? How is the pedalling energy
    efficiency? Lots of drag?

    I tried something like that a few years ago, just for fun, on one of my Frankenbikes. Lately, I'm
    riding a road bike with 6" of steerer sticking out (with spacers and top cap, of course). I'm
    dialing-in stem height before I chop down the steerer (darned threadless steerers!) Yeah, it's kinda
    dangerous, and not recommended.

    > Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown

    One of these days I'd really like to come over for a chat with the guru and see the collection.

    Barry

  3. Vaughn

    Vaughn Guest

    > Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
    >
    > My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
    >
    > http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff

    Yes...Lost it....Looks like a tandem for siamese twins! Shaving, this thing.. I'm waiting with
    baited breath for the next installment of "How the Sheldon Turns!"

  4. Ajames54

    Ajames54 Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2003 14:02:34 -0400, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
    >
    >My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
    >
    > http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff
    >
    >Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown

    I think that having to come off the drops to the flat bar just to change gears is a bit
    in-efficient... could you not have fit bar cons?

  5. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    I know what I'm doing this weekend.

    > Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
    >
    > My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
    >
    > http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff
    >
    > Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown +------------------------------------------------+
    > | Nobody who has anything to do with bicycles | has _all_ of their marbles, and some of us | are
    > | certifiable! | --Sheldon Brown |
    > +------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts
    > Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
    > http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

  6. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    >Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
    >
    >My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
    >
    > http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff
    >
    >Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown

    Certainly no doubt where 'the chin' goes when on the drops!
    :)
    bob

  7. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    Sheldon - how did you get two sets of brake cables to connect to the same brake? How does that work? - If successfull you could have a good invention for tandem stokers to use.

    Diablo "dual pivot" Scott

  8. In rec.bicycles.misc Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
    :
    : My latest creation should remove all such doubts.

    apparently i've been gone for a while, forget about the bike ...

    when the hell did you shave?
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  9. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> writes:
    > Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
    >
    > My latest creation should remove all such doubts.

    Actually, with all those handlebars, I'm left wondering if Steve Palincsar was onto something with
    his insect conjectures in the previous "Sheldon's Metamorphosis" sub-thread ;-)

    cheers, Tom