Has Sheldon Lost It?

Sheldon Brown

Guest
Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.

My latest creation should remove all such doubts.

http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff

Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown +------------------------------------------------+
| Nobody who has anything to do with bicycles | has _all_ of their marbles, and some of us | are
| certifiable! | --Sheldon Brown |
+------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

> Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
>
> My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
>
> http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff

Sweet bike! Interesting handlebars. How do you like the Rohloff? How is the pedalling energy
efficiency? Lots of drag?

I tried something like that a few years ago, just for fun, on one of my Frankenbikes. Lately, I'm
riding a road bike with 6" of steerer sticking out (with spacers and top cap, of course). I'm
dialing-in stem height before I chop down the steerer (darned threadless steerers!) Yeah, it's kinda
dangerous, and not recommended.

> Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown

One of these days I'd really like to come over for a chat with the guru and see the collection.

Barry

On Wed, 21 May 2003 14:02:34 -0400, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

>Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
>
>My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
>
> http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff
>
>Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown

I think that having to come off the drops to the flat bar just to change gears is a bit
in-efficient... could you not have fit bar cons?

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

> Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
>
> My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
>
> http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff
>
> Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown +------------------------------------------------+
> | Nobody who has anything to do with bicycles | has _all_ of their marbles, and some of us | are
> | certifiable! | --Sheldon Brown |
> +------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts
> Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
> http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

>Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
>
>My latest creation should remove all such doubts.
>
> http://harriscyclery.com/surly-rohloff
>
>Sheldon "Drop By For A Test Ride" Brown

Certainly no doubt where 'the chin' goes when on the drops!
:)
bob

Sheldon - how did you get two sets of brake cables to connect to the same brake? How does that work? - If successfull you could have a good invention for tandem stokers to use.

Diablo "dual pivot" Scott

In rec.bicycles.misc Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
: Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
:
: My latest creation should remove all such doubts.

apparently i've been gone for a while, forget about the bike ...

when the hell did you shave?
--
david reuteler [email protected]

In article <[email protected]>, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> writes:
> Some people have expressed doubts about my sanity.
>
> My latest creation should remove all such doubts.

Actually, with all those handlebars, I'm left wondering if Steve Palincsar was onto something with
his insect conjectures in the previous "Sheldon's Metamorphosis" sub-thread ;-)

cheers, Tom