Has There Been Death Caused By Unicycling?

James_Potter wrote:
> one time a squirrel did run in front of my coker and made me swerve and
> almost UPD...

Same thing happened to me soon after I got my Coker, but the squirrel
was running -away- from me. Just as I decided to veer off the bike
path, so did the squirrel -- and the chase resumed. Somehow, we both
came out unscathed.

--
uni57

-\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

So as far as we know, no one has died from a unicycle accident, but
theres a lot of ppl that enjoy tormenting rodents =p

--
Jerrick

from chosen:

can you give me a shoutout in your sig. some thing like i love
jonny....or jonny is the coolest. or be creative. but pleeeasssee can i
have a shoutout from you?

jonny

Jerrick wrote:
> I was just thinking, has anyone died in a unicycle related accident?
> I've seen lots of pretty bad wrecks and all, but nothing anymore
> serious then a broken bone or more.

I don't know any death case.

A member of the family who teached me unicyling had a bad dismount off
a tall unicycle, and felt with his back onto a pedal.
Next day he dived into a pool, broke his back, got paralized, and bound
to 4 wheels for the rest of life.

So yes, his helmet and shinguards did'nt help, common sense and some
dicipline might have.
Next time you dismount a tall unicycle forward you should remember
above story.
And it wont hurt to be just very carefull.

--
leo

leo vandewoestijne
*'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

i heward of a kid who was training to be in the circus and was on his
uni and got hit by a car and never rode3 again:( but he did live

someone at my school died on friday in a car crash, its reeal sad, 2
kids have died at my school this year. about five or six have died in
the past five years.

--
unijesse

www.unicycletips.com

I told him that Kris was a little bit behind me, and he nearly had a
hernia.-catboy

Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

yeah kris holm couldv died more than once! he has ridden the edge of a
2000 foot cliff(or so i heard)on ripleys), i get shaky riding on like a
five foot wall!

--

leo wrote:
> A member of the family who teached me unicyling had a bad dismount off a
> tall unicycle, and felt with his back onto a pedal.

That reminds me of a story JeanPaul Jenack once told me. Not sure if
it's all true, but the story was of a guy dismounting a giraffe on a
stage, where the wheel hit something while it was rolling out behind
him. This stopped the wheel, and stopped the rider's downward progress
sharply enough to break his back. He supposedly landed in the audience,
dead. But I've never heard of that story from any other sources, so not
sure if it's true.

skianduniaddict wrote:
> i heard about this guy who was giraffing on a tight rope and he felll on
> his head and died

Heard where? Any further info?

For David Stone, I'm not worried about earthquakes in Sacramento. We're
actually much more at risk for flooding. Our levies are in much worse
condition than the ones in New Orleans (before Katrina, I presume).
California is plenty safe as long as you use common sense:
http://www.unicycling.com/ca.htm

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine