Hash rides

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave W, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.

    I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking to
    participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides work. Thanks.

    Dave W

    Tags:

  2. Kantspel

    Kantspel Guest

    I went on one a few years ago in atlanta, it was a blast. Ours consisted of a rabbit (fast rider(s))
    going out early and leaving marks on the trail network with flour. Then the group leaves a little
    later and tries to find the finish line. The rabbits would leave several false leads so everyone
    worked together to get to the finish. Then we all got drunk.

    > Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.
    >
    > I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking
    > to participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides
    > work. Thanks.
    >
    > Dave W

  3. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    kantspel <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:iHaTb.35698$P%[email protected]

    > I went on one a few years ago in atlanta, it was a blast.

    That's what I keep hearing. And amazingly enough I'm just south of ATL.

    > Then we all got drunk.

    That's the part that caught my eye! ;)

    Thanks

  4. R.White

    R.White Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.
    >
    > I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking
    > to participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides
    > work. Thanks.

    I usually wouldn't even bother with any of your questions, but you seem to be sincere and do want to
    share about biking. I think you'll find some good info here although they do not refer to them as
    hash rides.

    http://tinyurl.com/ytdru

  5. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    [email protected] (R.White) had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]com>...
    >> Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.
    >>
    >> I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking to
    >> participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides work.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > I usually wouldn't even bother with any of your questions, but you seem to be sincere and do want
    > to share about biking.

    So, why are your bothering now? I mean don't let your already warped perception cause you do
    anything, oh I don't know....CIVIL, or anything.

  6. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    Dave W wrote:
    > Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.

    Bummer.

    > I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking
    > to participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides
    > work. Thanks.

    ride, drink, ride, drink, ride, drink,
    till you pass-out, fall down, or puke.

    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    MPD Blue <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Dave W wrote:
    >> Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.
    >
    > Bummer.
    >

    >> I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking to
    >> participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides work.
    >> Thanks.
    >
    > ride, drink, ride, drink, ride, drink,
    > till you pass-out, fall down, or puke.

    Oh, o.k. then. Sounds like fun! Except the puking part of course.

  8. R.White

    R.White Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (R.White) had this to say news:[email protected]
    >
    > > Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.
    > >>
    > >> I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking to
    > >> participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides work.
    > >> Thanks.
    > >>

    > > I usually wouldn't even bother with any of your questions, but you seem to be sincere and do
    > > want to share about biking.
    >
    > So, why are your bothering now? I mean don't let your already warped perception cause you do
    > anything, oh I don't know....CIVIL, or anything.

    Woooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    [email protected] (R.White) had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> [email protected] (R.White) had this to say
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > I usually wouldn't even bother with any of your questions, but you seem to be sincere and do
    >> > want to share about biking.
    >>
    >> So, why are your bothering now? I mean don't let your already warped perception cause you do
    >> anything, oh I don't know....CIVIL, or anything.
    >
    > Woooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Could you tell that I didn't even bother? obviously not...

    Talk about over your head....hahahahaha

  10. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.
    >
    > I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking
    > to participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides
    > work. Thanks.
    >
    > Dave W

    Bashing is just Bike Hashing. Bashing hasn't been around as long as Hashing, but the following is
    growing. Hashing was started by Albert Stephen Ignatius Gispert, Second Lieutenant, 2nd Battalion,
    Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, known to hashers as "Gispert" or "G". Gispert started H3 in
    Malaya in 1937. Now there are over 1,700 Hash Houses world wide. If you are interested in the
    history see http://www.sch3.net/hash_history.htm#top (my home hash).

    Nothing about Hashing or Bashing should be construed to be organized. Disorganization and
    misinformation are traditional (comes from the military background). If you are interested in how it
    is supposed to work check out http://www.sch3.net/firsttime.htm#top

    Reco

    (aka Papa Don't Preach, SCH3)

  11. R.White

    R.White Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (R.White) had this to say news:[email protected]
    >
    > > Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> [email protected] (R.White) had this to say
    > >> news:[email protected]

    > >> So, why are your bothering now? I mean don't let your already warped perception cause you do
    > >> anything, oh I don't know....CIVIL, or anything.
    > >
    > > Woooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Could you tell that I didn't even bother? obviously not...
    >
    > Talk about over your head....hahahahaha

    You wish. Your type HAS to bother. It's deeply ingrained in your psyche.

  12. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    [email protected] (Reco Diver) had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Umm, no. This is not about hanging out at the local opium den with Osama.
    >>
    >> I'm just looking for some of your experiences (if any) to these kinds of rides...I'm looking to
    >> participate in a few here locally, and was wondering how this type of organized rides work.
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Dave W
    >
    > Bashing is just Bike Hashing. Bashing hasn't been around as long as Hashing, but the following is
    > growing. Hashing was started by Albert Stephen Ignatius Gispert, Second Lieutenant, 2nd Battalion,
    > Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, known to hashers as "Gispert" or "G". Gispert started H3 in
    > Malaya in 1937. Now there are over 1,700 Hash Houses world wide. If you are interested in the
    > history see http://www.sch3.net/hash_history.htm#top (my home hash).
    >
    > Nothing about Hashing or Bashing should be construed to be organized. Disorganization and
    > misinformation are traditional (comes from the military background). If you are interested in how
    > it is supposed to work check out http://www.sch3.net/firsttime.htm#top
    >
    > Reco
    >
    > (aka Papa Don't Preach, SCH3)

    WOW! Great background info RD. Thanks. I had no idea there was so much history behind it.

    Dave (gotta do some research, c-ya)

  13. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    A rock garden that goes on for about a 1/4 mile. And the rocks are close together. When your out of
    it oh what was I dreaming. Nightmare.

    I MTB 2004

  14. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    [email protected] had this to say news:[email protected] 3211.bay.webtv.net

    > A rock garden that goes on for about a 1/4 mile. And the rocks are close together.
    > When your out of it oh what was I dreaming. Nightmare.
    >
    > I MTB 2004

    is this a little more cryptic than usual, or is it just me?

    Dave (Crazy, but thats how it goes...)

  15. Bomba

    Bomba Guest