HAT run

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Parker Race, Feb 8, 2006.

  1. Parker Race

    Parker Race Guest

    This is a request for suggestions for preparing torun the HAT run as a long
    run before VCM.

    My longest runs to date have been 17,17 and 18.
    I've been running 50+ miles a week with the longest week being 58.

    Gee, I wonder who will respond to this?

    Tags:

  2. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    "Parker Race" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > This is a request for suggestions for preparing torun the HAT run as a
    > long run before VIM.

    You can't do it!!!! Lance-a-less will label you a substandard so-n-so.

    > My longest runs to date have been 17,17 and 18.
    > I've been running 50+ miles a week with the longest week being 58.

    Some rough thoughts. If you want some specifics we can take it to
    private Email.

    In general most trails in the NE are not really available for running,
    so most of you training will be on roads. The good news is the HAT
    surface is not radical change so you can train on roads. I would try
    find some hilly roads with some solid elevation and try to get a few 3
    1/2 to 4 hour long runs. It's time on your feet so stopping for breaks
    or hiking pieces is fine. It's hours and elevation. Weather racing or
    merely using it for a long run, try to get some solid hikes.

    Take you time the first half and get the lay of the land. If you then
    feel energetic work the second half or simply repeat an easy second lap.
    Other than it's 31 miles it should not set you back more than a typical
    long run plus maybe a day or so. besides VCM is two months after.

    > Gee, I wonder who will respond to this?

    Lance? ;)

    -DougF

  3. *

    ¢¥.¸¸.· News Flash ·.¸¸.¢¥
    ¢¥.¸¸.· News Flash ·.¸¸.¢¥
    ¢¥.¸¸.· News Flash ·.¸¸.¢¥
    ¢¥.¸¸.· News Flash ·.¸¸.¢¥
    ¢¥.¸¸.· News Flash ·.¸¸.¢¥
    ¢¥.¸¸.· News Flash ·.¸¸.¢¥
    ¢¥.¸¸.· News Flash ·.¸¸.¢¥

    "I need a dentist ~ !
    I need a dermatologist ~ !
    I need my ADHD meds NOW NOW NOW ~ !

    Hey,
    I am a DAR ~ !

    ... and Ms.
    Marian Anderson can sing the steps
    Of my Constitution

    Any day ~ !"
    ~ Twittering

  4. Twittering One wrote:
    > *
    > Hey,
    > I am a DAR ~ !

    ~T1~ are you a DAR?
    Or did I misunderstand the post?

  5. I am a DAR,
    Unregistered, but my grandmother
    was a Snob Blowing Asshole

    Through & through,
    Registered, too ~ !

  6. Twittering One <[email protected]> writes:
    j I am a DAR,
    : Unregistered, but my grandmother
    : was a Snob Blowing Asshole

    : Through & through,
    : Registered, too ~ !

    That's oK my female progeny are DTR.

  7. Twittering One wrote:
    > I am a DAR,
    > Unregistered, but my grandmother
    > was a Snob Blowing Asshole
    >
    > Through & through,
    > Registered, too ~ !

    Understood. Thank you my fellow American.

  8. AB,
    Perhaps you met her ~ ?

  9. Twittering One wrote:
    > AB,
    > Perhaps you met her ~ ?

    I don't think so Twitty.

  10. Twittering One wrote:

    > "I need a dentist ~ !
    > I need a dermatologist ~ !
    > I need my ADHD meds NOW NOW NOW ~ !

    I'm posting this for information purposes only ~Twittering~

    Feds want labeling on ADHD drugs:
    http://tinyurl.com/anm4c

  11. On 9 Feb 2006 16:53:41 -0800, "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Twittering One wrote:
    >
    >> "I need a dentist ~ !
    >> I need a dermatologist ~ !
    >> I need my ADHD meds NOW NOW NOW ~ !

    >I'm posting this for information purposes only ~Twittering~
    >
    >Feds want labeling on ADHD drugs:
    >http://tinyurl.com/anm4c

    It says they carry an increased risk of death. Is that because we
    might kill the dyke bitch whose on it?

  12. "I'm posting this for information purposes only
    ~Twittering~
    Feds want labeling on ADHD drugs ..."
    ~ AB

    As I have on usenet for years, under my other
    AOL name, Virginiaz,

    Adderall causes me cardio problems, eg
    an irregular heart rhythm, and some serious
    mood problems.

    Dexedrine does NOT cause me those problems.

    High BP can be controlled with adjuvant meds,
    eg, for high blood pressure.

    An irregular heart rhythm is more serious,
    and requires more careful attention
    and monitoring.

    I have tried ALL the AD[Hi!]D meds,
    except Cylert, now offer the market.

    Ritalin, for me, was safe.

    But Concerta presented, for me, some surges in BP
    and anxiety, when the release in medicine surged
    into my blood stream, as Concerta is designed
    to precisely that. Concertal also cause me
    some GI distress, because, I believe,
    the capsule releases some of the medicine
    as it passes through the lower GI system.
    Also because the surge in medicine caused
    a responsive anxiety-like IBS response, minor,
    but for me, aggravating enough to feel uncomfortable.

    All in all, I don't think Ritalin was harmful on
    CV system, like Adderall.

    Ritalin can irritate my skin, but the rashes
    are not nearly as bad, as say, other medications
    cause, a mere chemical irritant or drying effect.

    But what works almost transparently for me
    is Dexedrine.

    My BP is higher off Dex, than on it, not
    uncommon for people who respond positively
    to an AD[Hi!]D medication.

    My only real problem is rebound fatigue,
    so I manage that with exercise, and other
    personal judgements.

    But Dexedrine, I feel normal.

    I have no CV adverse effects.
    I have no skin rashes, in fact, my skin inflammation
    is better controlled.

    I have no GI distress.

    I have no over-speediness, an effect I can
    sometimes experience on Concerta.

    Dexedrine is perfect for me.

    I NEED MY AD[Hi!]D MEDS
    NOW NOW NOW!

    As for Black Box labeling, I have not followed the data
    recently, but labeling with cautionary info
    is not terrible, if it allows patients to continue
    using a medication that helps, with no
    serious adverse effects.

    Adults can make their own assessments of how
    thy feel on a medication, but children often
    cannot.

    A teenager is old enough to make his/her own
    decision. Younger kids may not be involved
    in the decision.

    Dexedrine makes my life and my chemically
    over ~ sensitive body

    A Better Place
    To Be ~ !

    "It let's Us be Us,
    As Ms.
    Clairol used to say,

    With much less aggravation,
    Pain, & scratching,
    Buit with a tad more unemcumbered
    Imagination

    For our pagination ~ !"
    ~ Twittering LSTOO & Folly IAG

  13. Triman,
    What color your hat ~ ?

  14. Triman

    Triman Guest

  15. "Any color you want,please buy some I need the money,
    I'll even put your name on them
    Are what ever you want."
    ~ Triman

    "... when I have some.