Hats off to Cyclexpress

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Andy W, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Andy W

    Andy W Guest

    Whilst we're on the subject of giving wiggle a round of applause (I agree, btw - great service)
    imagine my surprise when i came home from work to find that my new Shimano 515s from Cyclexpress had
    arrived today - given that I only ordered the buggers yesterday morning - and at under £20 with free
    p&p you've got to be happy, innit?

    That's 2 good value, good service bike stuff retailers - shame they don't do electrical goods
    ('Empire Direct' and 'Curry's' are euphemisms for "lady's bits" in our house).

    Tags:

  2. Garry Broad

    Garry Broad Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:37:52 +0100, "andy w" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Whilst we're on the subject of giving wiggle a round of applause (I agree, btw - great service)
    >imagine my surprise when i came home from work to find that my new Shimano 515s from Cyclexpress
    >had arrived today - given that I only ordered the buggers yesterday morning - and at under £20 with
    >free p&p you've got to be happy, innit?

    Yes, that was my experience too.

    But the future, or even the present? My LBS is imploding as we speak. Guy there (just under
    retiring age) had some matrimonial problems and seldom opens the door these days. It looks more
    like a junk shop now
    :-(
    Very desolate and bleak.

    So I either have to travel miles of go a more impersonal route...like the internet.

    The beauty about this kind of 'online retail' is that you're selling items that require no 'personal
    fit'. People know what they want and can be guaranteed it will be exactly that. If you get it right,
    you must surely do ok. Fair play to 'em.

    Garry