Hauling with a recumbent

Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska) wrote:
> Well...I didn't think I could do it...but I actually managed to haul
> my Trek to the bike shop using my trailer. Wasn't too hard but it did
> pose a few interesting problems while loading. And it hung over quite
> a bit. Take a look and enjoy!!!!
>
> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-05-010120084.jpg
>
> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-04-010120084.jpg
>
> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-03-010120084.jpg
>
> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-02-010120084.jpg
>
> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-01-010120084.jpg

Is a American flag mandatory? ;-)

Lou

Lou Holtman wrote:
> Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska) wrote:
>> Well...I didn't think I could do it...but I actually managed to haul
>> my Trek to the bike shop using my trailer. Wasn't too hard but it did
>> pose a few interesting problems while loading. And it hung over quite
>> a bit. Take a look and enjoy!!!!
>>
>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-05-010120084.jpg
>>

>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-04-010120084.jpg
>>

>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-03-010120084.jpg
>>

>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-02-010120084.jpg
>>

>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-01-010120084.jpg
>>

> Is a American flag mandatory? ;-)

No, but the Cornhusker's flag is!

POST FREE OR DIE!

Tom Sherman wrote:
> Lou Holtman wrote:
>> Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska) wrote:
>>> Well...I didn't think I could do it...but I actually managed to haul
>>> my Trek to the bike shop using my trailer. Wasn't too hard but it did
>>> pose a few interesting problems while loading. And it hung over quite
>>> a bit. Take a look and enjoy!!!!
>>>
>>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-05-010120084.jpg
>>>

>>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-04-010120084.jpg
>>>

>>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-03-010120084.jpg
>>>

>>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-02-010120084.jpg
>>>

>>> http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...shots/LoadedTrailer-01012008-01-010120084.jpg
>>>

>> Is a American flag mandatory? ;-)

> No, but the Cornhusker's flag is!

What is a Cornhusker flag and why is it mandatory?

Lou

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:37:55 +0100, Lou Holtman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Is a American flag mandatory? ;-)

You bet it is, you freaking commie!

:)

> "Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Well...I didn't think I could do it...but I actually managed to haul
>> my Trek to the bike shop using my trailer.

> Brrrr! It's not just the hauling, it's the snow and ice!
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Claire Petersky
> http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
> See the books I've set free at: http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

How did you manage traction with the trike on the snow and ice. That's one
down side I hadn't thought of when I got my trike. Poor traction when
climbing slippery or loose surfaces.

"Lou Holtman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Sherman wrote:
>> Lou Holtman wrote:

>>> Is a American flag mandatory? ;-)

>> No, but the Cornhusker's flag is!
>>

> What is a Cornhusker flag and why is it mandatory?
>
> Lou

I can't tell for sure (from the pics) what flags Harry is flying, but I can
cetainly tell you, that those who graduate from the University of NE at
Lincoln, are passionate about their football team.

They usta be pretty good, but I fear, time has passed them by. I guess their
marketing dept did not get the memo.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_Flags_And_Banners

I think the guy in the following pic might be Harry, but this is absolutely
unconfirmed:

http://www.unl.edu/

J.

Jay Bollyn wrote:
> I think the guy in the following pic might be Harry, but this is absolutely
> unconfirmed:
>
> http://www.unl.edu/

Which picture - direct link please?

POST FREE OR DIE!

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jay Bollyn wrote:
>> I think the guy in the following pic might be Harry, but this is
>> absolutely unconfirmed:
>>
>> http://www.unl.edu/

> Which picture - direct link please?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> POST FREE OR DIE!

I have just noticed, the UNL home page rotates between five different
pictures (through clever modern website programming). The one I was
referring to, is Jake. It was a *joke*. Harry is obviously much older than
Jake. But I thought they both symbolize the cornhusker nature of the great
state of NE...whatever that means.

I apologize for the confusion.

J.

So this picture: <http://www.unl.edu/ucomm/splash/story/images/jake.jpg>?

POST FREE OR DIE!

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jay Bollyn wrote:
>> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Which picture - direct link please?
>>>

>> I have just noticed, the UNL home page rotates between five different
>> pictures (through clever modern website programming). The one I was
>> referring to, is Jake. It was a *joke*. Harry is obviously much older
>> than Jake. But I thought they both symbolize the cornhusker nature of the
>> great state of NE...whatever that means.
>>
>> I apologize for the confusion.

> So this picture: <http://www.unl.edu/ucomm/splash/story/images/jake.jpg>?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> POST FREE OR DIE!

Yeah, your pic is 'current student' Jake...absolutely NOT Harry.

Here is 'Harry and the Rig', in a summer pic:

http://tinyurl.com/2pkddk

Hopefully this confusion, which I have created, it clarified.

J.

Jay wrote:
> I have just noticed, the UNL home page rotates between five different
> pictures (through clever modern website programming). The one I was
> referring to, is Jake. It was a *joke*. Harry is obviously much older than
> Jake. But I thought they both symbolize the cornhusker nature of the great
> state of NE...whatever that means.
> I apologize for the confusion.

Got it. That sort of asinine 'enhancement' is probably why my Netscape
crashed.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Andrew Muzi wrote:

>> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote
>>> Which picture - direct link please?

> Jay wrote:
>> I have just noticed, the UNL home page rotates between five different
>> pictures (through clever modern website programming). The one I was
>> referring to, is Jake. It was a *joke*. Harry is obviously much older
>> than Jake. But I thought they both symbolize the cornhusker nature of
>> the great state of NE...whatever that means.
>> I apologize for the confusion.

> Got it. That sort of asinine 'enhancement' is probably why my Netscape
> crashed.

With no further updates planned for Netscape, I switched to Firefox,
which of course as a Mozilla product is very similar. So far, less
crashes. Firefox can even be installed without rebooting.

POST FREE OR DIE!

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>>> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote

>> Jay wrote:
>>> I have just noticed, the UNL home page rotates between five different
>>> pictures (through clever modern website programming). The one I was
>>> referring to, is Jake. It was a *joke*. Harry is obviously much older
>>> than Jake. But I thought they both symbolize the cornhusker nature of
>>> the great state of NE...whatever that means.
>>> I apologize for the confusion.

>> Got it. That sort of asinine 'enhancement' is probably why my Netscape
>> crashed.

> With no further updates planned for Netscape, I switched to Firefox, which
> of course as a Mozilla product is very similar. So far, less crashes.
> Firefox can even be installed without rebooting.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> POST FREE OR DIE!

I agree, Firefox is a very good alternative browser. IMO, time has passed
Netscape by. Like dbase and Lotus 123.

Firefox does not support ActiveX. This can be both good and bad, depending
on what websites you need to browse to.

J.

On Jan 1, 5:18 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...

> >> Got it. That sort of asinine 'enhancement' is probably why my Netscape
> >> crashed.

> > With no further updates planned for Netscape, I switched to Firefox, which
> > of course as a Mozilla product is very similar. So far, less crashes.
> > Firefox can even be installed without rebooting.

> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > POST FREE OR DIE!

> I agree, Firefox is a very good alternative browser. IMO, time has passed
> Netscape by. Like dbase and Lotus 123.

The regular Mozilla suite has been renamed "Seamonkey" and is an even
better drop in replacement for Netscape:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

It's basically what Netscape was built on the last few years. A lotta
Firefox under the hood no doubt.

"Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Jay Bollyn wrote:
>>> I think the guy in the following pic might be Harry, but this is
>>> absolutely unconfirmed:
>>>
>>> http://www.unl.edu/

>> Which picture - direct link please?
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
>> POST FREE OR DIE!
>>

> I have just noticed, the UNL home page rotates between five different
> pictures (through clever modern website programming). The one I was
> referring to, is Jake. It was a *joke*. Harry is obviously much older than
> Jake. But I thought they both symbolize the cornhusker nature of the great
> state of NE...whatever that means.
>
> I apologize for the confusion.
>
> J.

I have further noticed, it is not only five different pics. Who knows how
many. I don't see Jake at all now! I am in the IT business, and I just can't
keep up with web site programming techniques.

J.

Jay Bollyn wrote:
> "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Which picture - direct link please?
>>>

>> I have just noticed, the UNL home page rotates between five different
>> pictures (through clever modern website programming). The one I was
>> referring to, is Jake. It was a *joke*. Harry is obviously much older than
>> Jake. But I thought they both symbolize the cornhusker nature of the great
>> state of NE...whatever that means.
>>
>> I apologize for the confusion.
>>
>> J.
>>

> I have further noticed, it is not only five different pics. Who knows how
> many. I don't see Jake at all now! I am in the IT business, and I just can't
> keep up with web site programming techniques.

I had to reload the page several time to find Jake.

POST FREE OR DIE!

> Firefox does not support ActiveX. This can be both good and bad,
> depending on what websites you need to browse to.

=v= The whole point of ActiveX is to ruin browser-independency,
so "good and bad" are quite out of the picture.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska)" <[email protected]> writes:
> Well...I didn't think I could do it...but I actually managed to haul
> my Trek to the bike shop using my trailer. Wasn't too hard but it did
> pose a few interesting problems while loading. And it hung over quite
> a bit. Take a look and enjoy!!!!

If only this had become a trailer/cargo bike conversation,
instead of another knee-reflex ideologically-specific
recumbent one.

Oh, well. Maybe next time.

I'm off to obtain some take-away Chinese food.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.