Haunted: The Hayloft Restaurant

Dog3

Guest
The Lizzie B bread and breakfast got me to thinking about other haunted places that now serve food
and/or offer lodging. This one looks ripe for a good meal and a bloody murder in the middle of the
night. Unfortunately it burned to the ground in 1998 and I can not find anything that shows it has
re-opened.

Michael

Link: http://www.prairieghosts.com/hayloft.html Excerpt: "The Hayloft Restaurant in Plymouth is a
rather unique restaurant in a state that features a number of unusual eateries. The Hayloft was
originally built in the 1800's, but until the early 1970's it was not a restaurant at all, but a
functional barn. The Hayloft is not a rustic and popular eating establishment, but it does boast one
other thing that many other Indiana restaurants do not.... it's own resident ghost."

--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Dog3 wrote:
> The Lizzie B bread and breakfast got me to thinking about other haunted places that now serve food
> and/or offer lodging. This one looks ripe for a good meal and a bloody murder in the middle of the
> night. Unfortunately it burned to the ground in 1998 and I can not find anything that shows it has
> re-opened.
>
> Michael
>
> Link: http://www.prairieghosts.com/hayloft.html Excerpt: "The Hayloft Restaurant in Plymouth is a
> rather unique restaurant in a state that features a number of unusual eateries. The Hayloft was
> originally built in the 1800's, but until the early 1970's it was not a restaurant at all, but a
> functional barn. The Hayloft is not a rustic and popular eating establishment, but it does boast
> one other thing that many other Indiana restaurants do not.... it's own resident ghost."

Oh, pshaw! There are plenty of haunted inns and such...

Martha Washington Inn, Abingdon, Virginia - "The most romantic ghost is that of the young lady named
Beth that haunts Room 403. Staff have seen apparitions of a woman enter the room, or see her sitting
near the bed, and have heard faint violin music."

Red Brook Inn, Old Mystic, Connecticut - "Guests who have stayed in the North Room of the Crary
Homestead have seen a white-haired elderly woman wrapped in a black shawl."

The General Wayne Inn, Merion, Pennsylvania - A séance held in 1972 revealed many ghosts still
wandering around the inn. The most witnessed ghost is that of a Hessian soldier, one of a group of
German soldiers hired by the British in the Revolutionary War. He is seen most often in the
basement, but has been spotted in other areas as well."

Grace Hall, Selma, Alabama - "Guests have seen a woman in a long white dress with a little black
dog. It seems the ghost is Miz Eliza, the lady of the house in the late nineteenth century."

Where my parents live there is an old church which was used as a field hospital in the Civil War...
people still hear the whispers of dying boys asking someone to contact their "mama".

Jill (loves ghosts!)

T E wrote:
> This restaurant has been featured on the Food Network speciall 'haunted eats'. Also, the Maccus
> Red Fox where Jimmy Hoffa had his last meal -15 min. drive from where I live-is reported to have
> goings on after hours claimed by cleaning crew. http://www.detnews.com/2000/features/0010/23/e01-
> 137845.htm

Oh, I love the photos from the Whitney! I'd love to eat there. Thanks for sharing.

Jill

Dog3 wrote:
> The Lizzie B bread and breakfast got me to thinking about other haunted places that now serve food
> and/or offer lodging. This one looks ripe for a good meal and a bloody murder in the middle of the
> night. Unfortunately it burned to the ground in 1998 and I can not find anything that shows it has
> re-opened.
>
> Michael
>
> Link: http://www.prairieghosts.com/hayloft.html Excerpt: "The Hayloft Restaurant in Plymouth is a
> rather unique restaurant in a state that features a number of unusual eateries. The Hayloft was
> originally built in the 1800's, but until the early 1970's it was not a restaurant at all, but a
> functional barn. The Hayloft is not a rustic and popular eating establishment, but it does boast
> one other thing that many other Indiana restaurants do not.... it's own resident ghost."

Haunted Savannah The city's long history has also given Savannah a wealth of legends -- many
associated with eighteenthcentury pirates who visited Savannah's bustling port. The aptly named
Pirates House restaurant, which flies the skull and crossbones above its front doors, and the Shrimp
Factory are two of Savannah's most popular haunted eateries. Guests at the Kehoe House bed and
breakfast have also been known to encounter ghosts. The Kehoe House was built in 1892 by iron
magnate William Kehoe. It has been used for various purposes since the family sold the home in 1930.
For a time, it was a funeral parlor. More recently, the luxurious three-story home was turned into
an opulent bed and breakfast. More than half-a-dozen guests have reported ghostly encounters since
then. All the incidents have occurred in two rooms: 201 and 203. Some patrons have reported seeing
the image of a young girl dressed in servant's clothes, while others have seen the apparition of an
elderly lady wearing a shroud over her head.

Jill