Have any of you ever heard of or delt with this site?

tottenham21

Nov 12, 2011
www.4ucycling.com. just found them whilst surfing the net and they have some great cheap as dirt deals on clothes, just would like to know if they are legit before I go crazy ordering stuff from them...

Chinese manufacture. I wonder if they are actually licensed to use those logos. Currently (?) they are unable to accept Master Card (I wonder why). I've seen other such companys that accept PayPal. If you feel compelled to try one of these outfits... I'd recommend you use one that will go the PayPal route.

I tried one once. The quality was OK, took about a month to get the product.

Well, the English is very poor on the site. It's almost guaranteed that they haven't nor will they ever pay licensing fees on the jersey. I'm willing to bet if you had to exchange something ti wouldn't be a quick process. Since they're virtually unheard of their quality is a huge unknown. I think you're going to find very few who've dealt with the company, but if you're desperate to get the cheapest gear possible, then go for it.

I just thought about it really good and decided that I rather spend a bit more and order from an American site that to get anything from them, they look like a scam site, too good to be true..

This, taken from that website, says it all.

"These measurements are manual, error is inevitable, for reference only."

swampy1970 said:
This, taken from that website, says it all.
"These measurements are manual, error is inevitable, for reference only."
That's the surest sign of quality kit.

I think I must be the cheapest guy on this forum. I cant say about that website but I ordered from mupicycling.com and I do not have a single complaint. The pad is a chamois and the stitch quality is great. I just tried using Eclipse Cycling because it was a little cheaper and the quality is right around what you pay for it. Plus Eclipse cycling comes with a gel pad and after a while feels like a wet diaper.

I am not recommending you buy from this site but it is your choice. Besides the copyright issue, who knows what the quality and fit is like? Fit can be tricky even on brands you know.

I just bought some Castelli clothing from my local LBS and found it interesting that of the three items, one was made in Maccau, one in Morocco, and one in China. Castelli is supposedly on the small size but it seems to vary. A large short sleeve jersey fit me about the same as a medium long sleeve jersey. I recently bought a Castelli long sleeve jersey on-line and ordered it in large to take no chances... perfect fit. It was a retro model and I didn't see it in any shops. I have a Gore jacket that is medium but tried on another in a store and the medium was very tight and the large fit correctly.

I have shorts, tights, and bibs in sizes from M to XL that all seem to fit me snugly. I have a 40 inch chest (medium by most standards) and some of the compression undershirts I own (for skiing) are XL and very tight. I couldn't even come close to getting into a medium.

So I guess my point is that I like to try the stuff on and buy in a store and see how I look in it first. Of course most "quality" on-line retailers will allow for returns and may also pick up shipping if you don't mind dealing with that.

grandamn said:
I think I must be the cheapest guy on this forum. I cant say about that website but I ordered from mupicycling.com and I do not have a single complaint. The pad is a chamois and the stitch quality is great. I just tried using Eclipse Cycling because it was a little cheaper and the quality is right around what you pay for it. Plus Eclipse cycling comes with a gel pad and after a while feels like a wet diaper.
What does that have to do with the site the OP is asking about?

By the way, all kinds of counterfit things are being sold from China. Here they got some outdated Kodak film and stuck Fuji labels on it. you wouldn't even know what speed film you were using.

I see a Nalini brand short and jersey combo is $43.00 on that site. What do you want to bet that all of the different "brands" they sell have the same construction and materials?

By the way, all kinds of authentic, high quality things are being sold from China.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

By the way, all kinds of authentic, high quality things are being sold from China.
Yes I know that and even a lot of the name brand bike clothes are made there. But I have been to China and saw first hand that the "North Face" jackets sold on the street are not nearly as nice quality as the authentic ones that are made there.

I was doing some carpentry work this past weekend and noticed that my older Porter Cable tools have stickers that say "Proudly Made in the USA." But my new Porter Cable nail guns are made in China but are still very good quality.

For all I know, those cheap bike clothes may be well made, nice fitting and offer good performance. So I hope if anyone here buys them, they'll report back. But they clearly are stealing trade marks and copyright and that is against the law in the US.

The thing with China and Korea (and likely others) is the quality control. The design of said may be as accurate as other locations but the quality control for one plant may be good and another nonexistent. My father designs medical devices and one pencil pusher in the company wanted to use Chinese sourcing for the motors. Due to it being medical they had to do extensive testing and found out the samples were good and the purchase lot was used/refurb/salvage parts. Needless to say they dropped that vendor.

Conniebiker said:
The thing with China and Korea (and likely others) is the quality control. The design of said may be as accurate as other locations but the quality control for one plant may be good and another nonexistent. My father designs medical devices and one pencil pusher in the company wanted to use Chinese sourcing for the motors. Due to it being medical they had to do extensive testing and found out the samples were good and the purchase lot was used/refurb/salvage parts. Needless to say they dropped that vendor.
+1. Additionally, even if a high quality product is made in a given factory, that same factory can put out lower quality stuff since a lot of the quality comes from specifications laid out in the contract between the vendor and the factory.

Hopefully someone on this site will order something from that Chinese site and report back any good or bad news about it, as far as I'm concerned I will steer clear from them for sure..

[SIZE= 10pt]I order from this site all the time typically try to stay with one brand [/SIZE][SIZE= 10pt]CASTELLI it was the first brand I bought from them and it fit perfect[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 96)]. [/COLOR]I did venture out twice and bought the BMW and Specialized brand. The BMW was constructed differently from the Castelli brand different padding and different fit. I still wear it even though the shorts are a little shorter than the Castelli. The Specialized brand fit perfect and I would buy that brand again. I was afraid that after a while they would start to fall apart just by washing them but, they seem to be holding up. If I do come across an outfit that doesn’t fit then so be it I’m out $60 dollars life goes on. The shipping cost does bother me a little $26 but, I’m still saving on something that would normally cost me $160. [/SIZE]

I have bought from 4ycycling and had a great experience.

Yes, it does take some time to receive your order since they are in China. I purchased a jersey and bib shorts. I have had them well over a year and they are still in great condition. They didn't fall apart while in the middle of a ride. They didn't dissolve the first time they got wet.

I ordered the wrong size at first, shipped it back. They didn't have what I had first ordered and I had to order a different set that was cheaper. In my next order was the difference, in cash, in USD.

I am looking to get another set and will be buying from them. Keep in mind that since they are in China, when it's day here it's night there. Expect a several hour delay for email reply's.

If you all have any questions, ask away.