Have Birdy, will travel

beerwolf

Guest
Needing to work out of the Melbourne office for a while,
I thought it would be a good idea to bring forward my
planned purchase of a folding bike. So, I've been commuting
to the CBD from Lower Plenty and loving it, although the
commute time is about 6 times longer than my Sydney one.

The Birdy has taken some getting used to - it is no speed
machine, and there's a disconcerting wobble from the
front suspension if I don't get the balance just right at
a standing start under load. But I like the flexibility of
it, being able to jump on a tram or train if I feel like it
(haven't felt like it yet tho, weather has been excellent).

Melbourne commuting is a dream compared with Sydney.
I had never been really worried about the Sydney traffic,
but I can now see the point that others have made before
about the different conditions up there. I'm looking forward
to exploring the network of bike trails along the Yarra, over
the weekend.

In article <[email protected]>,
"beerwolf" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Needing to work out of the Melbourne office for a while,
> I thought it would be a good idea to bring forward my
> planned purchase of a folding bike. So, I've been commuting
> to the CBD from Lower Plenty and loving it, although the
> commute time is about 6 times longer than my Sydney one.
>
> The Birdy has taken some getting used to - it is no speed
> machine, and there's a disconcerting wobble from the
> front suspension if I don't get the balance just right at
> a standing start under load. But I like the flexibility of
> it, being able to jump on a tram or train if I feel like it
> (haven't felt like it yet tho, weather has been excellent).
>
> Melbourne commuting is a dream compared with Sydney.
> I had never been really worried about the Sydney traffic,
> but I can now see the point that others have made before
> about the different conditions up there. I'm looking forward
> to exploring the network of bike trails along the Yarra, over
> the weekend.

Around The Bay on a Birdy?

"beerwolf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Needing to work out of the Melbourne office for a while,
> I thought it would be a good idea to bring forward my
> planned purchase of a folding bike. So, I've been commuting
> to the CBD from Lower Plenty and loving it, although the
> commute time is about 6 times longer than my Sydney one.
>
> The Birdy has taken some getting used to - it is no speed
> machine, and there's a disconcerting wobble from the
> front suspension if I don't get the balance just right at
> a standing start under load. But I like the flexibility of
> it, being able to jump on a tram or train if I feel like it
> (haven't felt like it yet tho, weather has been excellent).
>
> Melbourne commuting is a dream compared with Sydney.
> I had never been really worried about the Sydney traffic,
> but I can now see the point that others have made before
> about the different conditions up there. I'm looking forward
> to exploring the network of bike trails along the Yarra, over
> the weekend.

< )
( \
8====D

Boostland wrote:

> < )
> ( \
> 8====D

Nice ascii art.

I had my first ever close encounter with a tram track this arv.
Little Birdy wheels just not designed to cope with them. The bike
is ok, and so am I, mostly. Did a face plant in Brunswick St,
graze on chin and upper lip. Lucky to keep my front teeth.
Felt a right goose.

bw