Have "Fit kit" numbers where do I find the meanings?

stormer94

May 19, 2004
I finally got myself fitted on the "fit kit" system thingy. Where do I find data on what these numbers translate into?

5'10" tall, 175 pounds.

Torso: 57
arm: 61
Inseam: 85
foot: 26
Shoulder: 44

Also, am I missing any data? I'm interested in picking up a Felt B2. Want to make sure I pick the right one. Don't have a Felt dealer within 500 miles of me, so I'm not gonna be able to do a test ride, so I need to get as close as possible on my own.

So far, I'm leaning toward a 56cm in Felt. But want to run my numbers for comparison.

Thanks, :)

stormer94 said:
I finally got myself fitted on the "fit kit" system thingy. Where do I find data on what these numbers translate into?

5'10" tall, 175 pounds.

Torso: 57
arm: 61
Inseam: 85
foot: 26
Shoulder: 44

Also, am I missing any data? I'm interested in picking up a Felt B2. Want to make sure I pick the right one. Don't have a Felt dealer within 500 miles of me, so I'm not gonna be able to do a test ride, so I need to get as close as possible on my own.

So far, I'm leaning toward a 56cm in Felt. But want to run my numbers for comparison.

Thanks, :)
I presume the values are in centimeters.

The INSEAM multiplied by 0.883 gives the saddle height (measured from the center of the crankbolt to the top of the seat)

Assuming that the rider's back should be about 45° when on the hoods, the TORSO and ARM gives the handlebar height and the top tube length (some trigonometry is involved).

The SHOULDER is the handlebar width.

I'm not sure about the FOOT. Shoe size maybe? :)

There is much debate about bike sizing, even with empirical methods like this one. I can't say what I've written is entirely correct - any comments are welcome.

Bottom line, buy a bike that's comfortable to ride.

HTH

Cheers

e_guevara